• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic UEEF Marines - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
So how many missed rolls do I have to roll before I start calling Bull Shit?
Eonivar Eonivar This is entirely the reason I ask my Game Master/Storytellers to roll real polyhedrons instead of having to use RP Nation's dice roller. It's not that the dice roller misses or rolls low too often; it is that it does so often at the worst times. If I'm going to lose a character to dice, I say let them be the kind we can hold in our hands.

Hope your week improves, friend! I'm having trouble typing but I think I'm getting by. =)

Yeah, I never got into sports at all. It is kinda funny to me how much my whole family is into our team while I don't care at all. Its not that I don't want them to do well; I just have other things to worry about than what player is our starting goalie this time around.
I like some sports but I have lost faith in the so-called "professional" leagues (soccer and American football especially). I like what I've seen in hockey. I like Canadians (many of whom worship the sport).

My favorite memory of anything hockey-related was sparring a hockey player. This took place lots of years ago. The guy was a buddy of my buddy (who is one heck of an instructor!). He was strong and aggressive, but slow. During our spar, I found myself with a concrete wall at my back. I saw him wind up not with his shoulders or feet, but with his hips! He had such size and technique that I felt strongly that blocking was a bad idea. So I dodged him. Good thing too. See, hockey players have this technique on the ice called a hip check?

Ha ha ha! Those were good times! He turned out to be a very cool dude. I wish I knew him now. See you! =)

cthuluneedsahug cthuluneedsahug Eonivar Eonivar Psychie Psychie

1. Forgive me if I've played too much Mass Effect. Cerberus is the human terrorist organization there (or the three-headed dog of Greek mythos). Sorry, I'm not partial to it.

2. The Chimera is another three-headed beast from Greek myth. It's a fire-breathing monster with the heads of a goat, a lion, and a dragon (in D&D mythoi) or the three distinct parts of a goat, lion, and serpent in non-gaming Greek mythology. Why would we want to be called this? I don't have anything that "grabs my goat" if you will here. It's just a name to me.

But in the spirit of solution-making, let me not just be a naysayer here, but a contributor. Either of these creatures sounds like choosing a name just for the sake of choosing a name. I recommend we select a name that means something. Maybe stands for something good. For example, the Wild Cards of Real Life (a name being used by our team in my Robotech game) is taken after a professional bunch with a sense of humor with the motto, "All Aces, No Jokers." Now, that speaks something to me. It's not just cool for the sake of being cool. If we want this game to last, I say let us choose a name that at least has some kind of meaning to it.

We could go old-fashioned military-style Japanese-anime-before-anime-was-cool and call ourselves the "Star Blazers" after that legendary 1980s series that surely helped bring Robotech, our very game, to life. They were a family-become-force that was trying to save Earth. With Sherwood's permission, we could say that Star Blazers was a show in our game just like it is in Real Life. If you want meaning for a bunch of UEEF people, I think we could do far worse.

From Real Life military squad names, we could pick from any number of euphemisms or plain-neat-sounding names and add a meaning of our own. Take for examples, "Fist Bumping Ghosts," "The Unredeemable," or (tell me this one doesn't make you think), "Resolution Consultants."

We can take from Real Life History.
Hell On Wheels

2nd Armored Division, US Army: The 2nd Armored Division was active from 1940 to 1995 and was once commanded by Gen. Patton. It played an important role during World War II and was deactivated shortly after the Gulf War. Gen. Patton gave the unit the nickname after witnessing its maneuvers in 1941.

Gunslingers

Strike Fighter Squadron 105 (VFA-105), US Navy: This squadron was originally commissioned in 1952 as the “Mad Dogs” and was decommissioned in 1959. It was recommissioned as the “Gunslingers” in 1969 to participate in combat operations in the Gulf of Tonkin and has remained active ever since.

Kickin’ Ass

148 Fighter Squadron, US Air Force: Based out of Tucson Air National Guard Base, AZ, this F-16A/B Fighting Falcon squadron’s main role is to train foreign military pilots.

I don't know about you guys, but Cerberus and Chimera look a little tame to me after some of these.

But what do you think?
So... does anyone besides Psychie have a preference? =)

Well if anything Onni is good at getting out of the way. He may even hit something this time. His turn is done.

Purr Purr just for my clarity are you going for a Called Shot against the eyepiece, or just aiming for the body?

Last edited:
Sherwood Sherwood If I didn't Declare a Called Shot, it's a main body shot (I doubt C'osmo could get the Called Shot and what he's really trying to do is draw their attention onto him and off of Onni, despite Onni's clear ability to defend himself against them).

Sherwood Sherwood If I didn't Declare a Called Shot, it's a main body shot (I doubt C'osmo could get the Called Shot and what he's really trying to do is draw their attention onto him and off of Onni, despite Onni's clear ability to defend himself against them).
I just wanted to make sure I was posting the correct response for your action. Thank you. IC post coming up.

Guys, I am so sorry - I have been relying on Alerts again and I haven't seen any! I look in here, and well, things have been going on! Hooray! But sorry for my heavy distraction in Sherwood's new Rifts Japan game.

As for this...
Everyone, initiative rolls again please.
... what did C'osmo wind up with? He's got a +3 Initiative modifier (with the help of the Silverback's Scout Suite).

Sherwood Sherwood Sorry for the wait! You evidently pinged me twice, but I didn't receive either alert! Huh!

The missiles go wide and slam into the wall, blowing out the bulkhead and opening up more of the ship to the void of space.
Whoa. =)

Sherwood Sherwood By the way you worded that, I take it there is no explosive decompression? I was under the impression we were still fighting with artificial gravity, life support, and... well... you know... atmosphere to worry about? Hah! =)

The section you are in is already open to vacuum, you had to go through an airlock to get in the aft part of the ship.

Alarms start to blare as the heavy door slowly lifts up and the atmosphere begins to rush out. You know that the doors will shut to keep this part of the ship from depressurizing and killing everyone in this section soon, but that should give you enough time to get everyone through to the other side.

Keith and Torni bolt through first and signal the all clear, then shift to one side as the larger bioroids and C'osmo's Silverback limbo under the door. This leaves Pyrrah and Onni as the last two to cross into the engineering space of the ship. With a dull rumble that is more felt than herd the blast doors drop shut and this chamber quickly vents into hard vacuum again.
Ah! Right!

cthuluneedsahug cthuluneedsahug You still out there, man? (According to RP Nation's "last seen," you haven't been on since the 1st.) Here's hoping your Real Life is going okay and your move went well? Don't want you think you've been forgotten about! =)

I'll try giving him a call/text and see how he's doing in the morning.

Sherwood Sherwood C'osmo, being the science-bear Science Officer that he is, has some kind of huge datapad or laptop to help with his science, right? Maybe something with a touchpad that a bear could operate easily?

Could he use that to communicate with the Bioroids? Say, they write on it, Pyrrah translates, and then we're all on the same page! But only if the military science-bear comes with the tools (datapad, laptop, etc.).

That could work for you to communicate with them, but the bioroid pilots don't have a way to write a message back. The hands of their mecha are too large to use a data pad.

Oh, they've been in mecha all this time? The last mention of mecha I remember was the Fire Cats. For some reason, I thought the Bioroids were the Bioroid terminators (human-sized). I don't know why that didn't click.

Are the bioroids using radio? We could search for a common channel and talk to them that way.
Bioroids use radios in the vanilla game (at least, last I remember). Could C'osmo use his Silverback's Sensor Suite to find their channel? I don't imagine there are many radio signals that don't belong to the UEEF or Bioroids out here in space, right?

Oh, they've been in mecha all this time? The last mention of mecha I remember was the Fire Cats. For some reason, I thought the Bioroids were the Bioroid terminators (human-sized). I don't know why that didn't click.
Yep, they are in a pair of blue bioroids, both are pretty beat up but they are still functional.
Are the bioroids using radio? We could search for a common channel and talk to them that way.
Torni is your comms officer: you can ask her to make a search. Or you can try the sensor suite of the Silverback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back