• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial By Fire - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
No, the bolts fill the room, so Monkey Leap Technique will not work. What is your Soak?

Maja doesn't really do dodging, can she parry by throwing a decorative brass urn into the magic lightning bolt or something? I can even make a shadow clone of the urn with that hearthstone to throw two of them.

I'm still trying to tweak these numbers a bit; I'm using a old 1e adventure module that I'm trying to shift the numbers over to 3e. At least Kuaidao didn't get any damage from the bolt.

Maja doesn't really do dodging, can she parry by throwing a decorative brass urn into the magic lightning bolt or something? I can even make a shadow clone of the urn with that hearthstone to throw two of them.
Sorry, I missed this post when I was looking at Jaydude's.

You can give it a try, since you can use Charms to try and dodge or soak the hit.

BTW, just so everyone knows, the door trap was rigged to send you over to the wrong door no matter what question you asked of the faces. After all, Kal Bax built this place. Why would he need a riddle to be able to know which door to open?

BTW, just so everyone knows, the door trap was rigged to send you over to the wrong door no matter what question you asked of the faces. After all, Kal Bax built this place. Why would he need a riddle to be able to know which door to open?

What a crafty effing bugger.

Well, I am evil, but this time, it is the adventure I'm using that was evil, and I rubbed my hands together and giggled when I saw it.

That certainly makes sense from a Watsonian perspective, but I have to wonder what the "proper" way to get past the puzzle unharmed was, if it was rigged.

It was simply a matter of knowing which door to choose. The builder rigged the faces to give the wrong answer no matter what you asked of them.

Ugh, Maja totally missed an opportunity for a derisive remark about anyone who would design a security system based on a puzzle. I thought about it but missed my chance.

Just so you know, I am planning on cutting the dungeon crawl part of the adventure short compared to what is in the actual module that I'm using. There would normally be lots more nasty traps for you to try and live through, but I want to go on to some other parts of the adventure.

And there will be some xp coming shortly.

Sorry guys. I wasn't getting alerts for this. Give me a moment and I'll have an IC post up! Next time, don't take so long to tag me!

Hmm. Part of me does like the idea of us trying to hold this place against the Realm, with or without the help of the imps, though that's mainly because of the character I'm playing. But seeing as I don't remember the composition of the Realm forces in this area, I'm not sure how viable an option that is.

What does everyone else think?

Well, I remember that the one fellow had 600 men with him, and probably several other Dragon Blooded with him. Then there was the smaller party, also with a Dynast in it. As tough as we are, I don't see us being able to take on that many soldiers and Exalts in a straight-up fight. We will either need to wither them down bit by bit, have the imps help us, or abandon the fortress. I personally don't like the idea of giving up the fortress if we can avoid it.

And for finding the Keystone and living to talk about it, another 5 xp and 2 Lunar/Solar xp. I'll update the running totals in the Character thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back