• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
James practically squealed into his hands. He did it! He made Lily happy!

Remus looked up at Sirius with wide, teary eyes. He couldn’t catch his breath. He was going to be found out. Everyone would know. He would die. He would be torn apart by the ministry.

Something was seriously wrong. Sirius quickly went over to put a comforting hand on Remus’ shoulder. “Remus,” he whispered. “What’s wrong mate?” he asked tenderly with concern.

“I… I just…” He needed something. He needed a reason. He needed a way out. What would make him afraid? What would make Sirius not hate him?

“What is it Remus? Miss your parents? Homesick?” Sirius asked, in full concern mode now. He hated this- he just wanted to see Remus happy.

“I…” That’s it. His lie. His lie for the moon. “My… my mom is sick. Very sick. And… and she’s never going to get better. And… now I’m at school and I can only see her once a month. What if she dies while… I’m not there?” He felt gross lying to Sirius. But it was the only way.

Sirius’ hurt instantly hurt for Remus as he told him of his very sick mother. A frown came across his face as he squeezed Remus’ shoulder. “I- I’m so sorry mate. I really am,” he said softly. “If there’s anything I can do to make you happy or feel better you let me know. I want you to be happy here at Hogwarts,” he told him.

Remus shook his head. “It’s fine. I’m fine. It’s just… scary being in a place where I don’t know… how she is all the time.”

“I promise you Remus I’m gonna be by your side every step of the way,” Sirius vowed. “You can always come to me if you need, okay?”

“It’s okay Remus, you don’t have to feel sorry. It’s hard. Your mum being sick is difficult to deal with, I get it,” said Sirius with an understanding nod. “She’ll get better though mate, I know it.”

Remus shook her head. “No. She won’t.” He wasn’t ever going to get better. He was always going to be a stain. A curse. “The doctors said so.”

Sirius’ frown never left. He didn’t know what to say. Things looked bleak for his poor friend and his mother. So, he did all he could do. Without thinking, he quickly pulled Remus into a hug. The boy smelled rather nice. It was a smell unlike any he’d ever smelled before but it had a charm to it.

Remus froze, unused to so much contact that didn’t… hurt. Slowly, he hugged Sirius back. It felt good. Really good.

Sirius felt Remus hug him back and was content to stay like that. Though, he did wonder when James would get back. Were things going well between him and Lily?

James burst open the door. “She likes me, mates!” He closed the door behind him and practically jumped into a bed face first. “She likes me!”

Suddenly their tender moment and hug was interrupted as James burst through the door. Sirius quickly stepped away from Remus and broke their hug, looking at their jubilant friend. Peter, who had dozed off on his bed, woke up. “Bloody hell mate, really James?” Sirius asked with an eager smile.

Remus flushed and shrank in on himself, now feeling very embarrassed. Sirius was probably embarrassed to be walked in on.

“Yes! I gave her a potion for her stomach and she thanked me!”

“Blimey mate! What did ya give her? A love potion?” Sirius asked with a chuckle. “Guess Sirius was right! A way to a girl’s heart is through her stomach!” Peter said. “Not what I had in mind but hey, girls love it when you take care of them when they’re sick,” said Sirius.

“What did I tell ya Potter? Would I ever steer you wrong?” Sirius asked with a grin. “Maybe tomorrow she’ll let you snog her!” he snickered. Peter gagged, “Eww Sirius!”

“Suit yourself James,” shrugged Sirius, giggling. “Sounds like you’re on the right track to being the first boy our year to get a girlfriend!”

James gasped. "You really think so? But I thought you had a girlfriend! You know because you seduce all of those girls."

“Not yet mate. I haven’t found the one yet,” said Sirius. That’s all it was to him- he hadn’t found the one. Surely it couldn’t be because he wasn’t interested in girls. “I like all the attention from all the girls anyway so if I settle down I lose that,” he said.

Remus shuddered. He couldn't imagine that. Liking attention. He looked down at his briefcase. He still had to dry it. Maybe it would be best to open it and let it dry out overnight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back