The End is Nigh(Exalted 2.5)

Low is fine, just so long as the game doesn't fizzle out after a few pages of posts. That's what happened to the last Alchie game I was in with this character.

[QUOTE="Seeker of the End]Also, what would you define as "too combat oriented?"

[/QUOTE]
If you get bored because there combat is not happening every scene, I like social/talking etc.

Since I'm playing a Alchie, and the Great Maker is now the Deathtrain, does that give me access to the Whispers Background? Just curious.

Sherwood said:
Since I'm playing a Alchie, and the Great Maker is now the Deathtrain, does that give me access to the Whispers Background? Just curious.
Sure but then you become an NPC, and upgraded a freaky death machine. Some Alchies split off from the great maker when they found out he turned into an evil death machine, but not many considering that Alchies are really religious and the great maker has been everything they have ever known.

I am not that great at doing social so sometimes ill just let my dice and stats do the talking. I'm still leaning towards either an Alchemical or Sidereal depending on what character creation looks like.

What power level will we be starting at? I have to confess that will heavily influence my interest, almost all of the games I've joined in the past used standard chargen, and I get sad when I have a newborn Exalt but can't expand him because the game ended early.

Either way, Night Caste, Mnemon's son who got the hell out of dodge after he Exalted. drama between PC and high powered NPCs make for amusing RPing

JayTee said:
What power level will we be starting at? I have to confess that will heavily influence my interest, almost all of the games I've joined in the past used standard chargen, and I get sad when I a newborn Exalt but can't expand him because the game ended early.
Either way, Night Caste, Mnemon's son who got the hell out of dodge after he Exalted. drama between PC and high powered NPCs make for amusing RPing
I assure you this game will not end early, I only have X amount of time and this will be the game and Fractured but I have a CO DM to help with that, that I will be doing, I try not to start things let alone something of this scale if I don't plan on doing it. However once this starts I will not be able to join any other games or make any more for a while.

My bad, I didn't mean to imply the game would end early. Just to express my growing dislike of standard character generation and a desire to make a more well-rounded build with higher powered characters.

JayTee said:
My bad, I didn't mean to imply the game would end early. Just to express my growing dislike of standard character generation and a desire to make a more well-rounded build with higher powered characters.
Of course!

I am about to get out of class in 20 minutes, so I will post character generation as soon as I get home.

I think that, for those of us that have been on the PbP site for a while, have suffered the problem of a game that starts out and fizzles. I know that I get into a character when I go through the trouble of making one up, and I bet that others go through that, too.

Sherwood said:
I think that, for those of us that have been on the PbP site for a while, have suffered the problem of a game that starts out and fizzles. I know that I get into a character when I go through the trouble of making one up, and I bet that others go through that, too.
Indeed, I don't blame any one.

Yeah, I've stopped making new characters because of that, I just reshuffle aspects of old ones now

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]We will have a decent amount of combat but I don't really like it. I will frown upon anyone who sends me a character just dedicated to pure combat.

[/QUOTE]
Are characters that are statted for combat, but have more to their personalities and growth potential acceptable? If so, then you can count me down for an EngineCurious Worldender Abyssal.

EDIT: Oh! Is Bodhisattiva acceptible? I could somehow see Mr. TechnoFleetofDoom being more Auto-friendly.

That's essentially what I do with my characters EVERY game. The thing is, I like my characters gray. They're more real to me that way. They're not completely evil or completely good. Which is probably why some of my characters are so flexible. A few changed lines in the backstory and BAM! We get an Abyssal instead of a Dawn or a Sidereal instead of a Night.

[QUOTE="Thief of Words]Are characters that are statted for combat, but have more to their personalities and growth potential acceptable? If so, then you can count me down for an EngineCurious Worldender Abyssal.
EDIT: Oh! Is Bodhisattiva acceptible? I could somehow see Mr. TechnoFleetofDoom being more Auto-friendly.

[/QUOTE]
Possibly. I will have a nice character template for people to answer to try to give their numbers, I uh mean characters some fluff.

[QUOTE="Thief of Words]Are characters that are statted for combat, but have more to their personalities and growth potential acceptable? If so, then you can count me down for an EngineCurious Worldender Abyssal.

[/QUOTE]
Which one is Mr.TechnoFleetofDoom?

Oh, I have some fluff for the character concepts. Like JayTee, I've got a sufficient backlog of Exalted concepts that I rarely make new ones.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Which one is Mr.TechnoFleetofDoom?

[/QUOTE]
The Bodhisattva Annointed by Dark Waters. His doomsday plan is the Black Fleet, the core elements of which are the First Age vessels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back