The End is Nigh(Exalted 2.5)

I saw your post on the white wolf boards. I'd be interested in joining if you want more players, probably an Abyssal. I would LOVE to update a concept I have in a current game, plot didn't go the way I expected and I had to take him in a different direction.

He's the Artisan of Flesh and Bones originally, turned Artisan of Steel and Bones (originally under the Walker in Darkness (flexible on that though), lately...not so much. Full renegade or not could be discussed of course, this is just initial brainstorming). A Daybreak caste who had been a doctor in life, and a necrosurgeon/corpsecrafter in death. Lately he's been showing a lust for picking up and incorporating Autochthonian tech into his work.

I'm always open to elaborate or change things, and if this concept doesn't work at all, I can come up with another. :)

I have no desire, intention (or monies) to buy exalted again so if the game does move to 3E format I will drop out.

Not sure what I wish to play yet. So many possibilities

SilverWinglie said:
I saw your post on the white wolf boards. I'd be interested in joining if you want more players, probably an Abyssal. I would LOVE to update a concept I have in a current game, plot didn't go the way I expected and I had to take him in a different direction.
He's the Artisan of Flesh and Bones originally, turned Artisan of Steel and Bones (originally under the Walker in Darkness (flexible on that though), lately...not so much. Full renegade or not could be discussed of course, this is just initial brainstorming). A Daybreak caste who had been a doctor in life, and a necrosurgeon/corpsecrafter in death. Lately he's been showing a lust for picking up and incorporating Autochthonian tech into his work.

I'm always open to elaborate or change things, and if this concept doesn't work at all, I can come up with another. :)
That could all work if you want!

Welcome to the site :) ! Glad you saw my post and took an interest.

MrSerious said:
I have no desire, intention (or monies) to buy exalted again so if the game does move to 3E format I will drop out.
Not sure what I wish to play yet. So many possibilities
I don't have the monies either. I was under the impression that many users shared the PDF with each other.

Sounds like you have plenty of interest already for this game DW. Now we just need some character creation info so we can get started! :)

Sherwood said:
Sounds like you have plenty of interest already for this game DW. Now we just need some character creation info so we can get started! :)
I've been posting from class. I'll post some tasty information as soon as I get out in an hour and a half. :)

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]I don't have the monies either. I was under the impression that many users shared the PDF with each other.

[/QUOTE]
NOT that THE STAFF here at RPdom condone or support the use of file sharing or similar practices. We believe that every effort should be taken to support the companies, the writers and the artists that produce these publications.

(phew, dodged that bullet)

Captain Hesperus

Indemnity Admin

Cool deal. My only problem is that I'm also thinking of a Starmetal Craftsman instead of the Jadecaste warrior. I guess I'll have to write them both up and choose one.

Damn cool concept, I'd need to see if inspiration strikes for a character... How do you feel about Terrifying Argent Witches?

[QUOTE="Captain Hesperus]NOT that THE STAFF here at RPdom condone or support the use of file sharing or similar practices. We believe that every effort should be taken to support the companies, the writers and the artists that produce these publications.
(phew, dodged that bullet)

Captain Hesperus

Indemnity Admin

[/QUOTE]
Right. I will actually go out of my way to try to buy it, so if you guys share it, I don't want to hear it or we have to terminate your account. But I know it happens behind the scenes.

Taliesin said:
Damn cool concept, I'd need to see if inspiration strikes for a character... How do you feel about Terrifying Argent Witches?
I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the term, can you give me an example or link?

It's a variant Lunar, afaik, unfortunately I don't recall the details (never played a Lunar).

Just a heads-up, the Artisan would be lore and craft heavy, well into sorcery, but absolutely shameful when it comes to fighting.

For Abyssals, do you prefer renegade or loyalist? I can go either way - in this situation, the Artisan's goal is for "the world to fall to its knees, quaking in terrified respect at his feet, yadda-yadda, but for the time being all this tech is pretty interesting...hmm...maybe the terrified respect thing can wait..." He also tends to be appropriately respectful of people who could pose a threat to his physical well-being, so for an Abyssal he's less "psycho stabby stabby" and more pragmatic.

SilverWinglie said:
It's a variant Lunar, afaik, unfortunately I don't recall the details (never played a Lunar).
Just a heads-up, the Artisan would be lore and craft heavy, well into sorcery, but absolutely shameful when it comes to fighting.

For Abyssals, do you prefer renegade or loyalist? I can go either way - in this situation, the Artisan's goal is for "the world to fall to its knees, quaking in terrified respect at his feet, yadda-yadda, but for the time being all this tech is pretty interesting...hmm...maybe the terrified respect thing can wait..." He also tends to be appropriately respectful of people who could pose a threat to his physical well-being, so for an Abyssal he's less "psycho stabby stabby" and more pragmatic.
You can be a loyalist if you want, imagine how fun it will be, the neverborns are shitting them selves because EoE has taken some deathlords and essentionally destroyed some other neverborn.

Or renegades work as well, I just want you to be happy and have fun :) !

Taliesin said:
In fact I can! Owing to the fact that I run the hub thread for the project. I also work on it a little, so I'd be happy to save you some time and give you the cliff-notes version of anything you're curious about.
Sure that would be great! Just PM me anything you think I should read here on RPdom.

SilverWinglie said:
Loyalist works fine for me! Just wanted to make sure first since I know some STs don't like dealing with it. :)
Which Deathlord are you interested in being a minion for? I have to make sure they are still on this side.

The Walker in Darkness is a favorite (necrotech resources <3), Mask of Winters would be a second choice. If both of those are out, I'm open to suggestions, but I'd need to do a bit of reading - I've only dealt with those two and the First and Forsaken Lion in games before.

SilverWinglie said:
The Walker in Darkness is a favorite (necrotech resources <3), Mask of Winters would be a second choice. If both of those are out, I'm open to suggestions, but I'd need to do a bit of reading - I've only dealt with those two and the First and Forsaken Lion in games before.
The Walker in Darkness, and The Lion are available. I'm undecided about MoW.

MrSerious said:
I LOVE the opening speech by the Engine of Extinction. I don't know if I will have the time for a 3rd game and prefer games with <8 players otherwise I just feel invisible. A question, will this game stay 2.5 or be upgraded to 3 upon release? I hope there will be some combat.
Hmm ideas. I'm enjoying the 1e Sidereal in wlf's game, did the 2.5 errata fix their Chamrset enough to make them playable?
So can I jot you down for Sidereal? Just trying to create a roster.

Ill take Jade caste if you're gonna pass sherwood. A jade caste with a HAMMER. Tasked to save his maker, he failed. And now he must stand against te Engine of Extinction to save his people and redeem himself in his own eyes.

EDIT: ill have to see why the character creation rules are going to look like first.

I also have the vague outlines of a Sidereal floating around my head but it will depend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back