• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy ✵The ℣elvet Ƒray: A Fantasy Mafia RP✵

ozma

愛してるよ ~ してるよ
Revolution has come and gone in the fantastical land of Opheria.

The forces of the Aurelis Empire have finally fallen beneath the banners of a militant coup- one of many, but the only one that was able to oust the Imperial Family from their sphere of influence in the capital city of Edichor.

However, peace has not followed in the wake of war. The doomed Imperial Family, having expanded and controlled the Aurelis Empire for hundreds of years now, have left a massive vacancy of power without anyone to fill it. Anyone with aspirations or a desire for power can't possibly the resist the opportunity; those who had fought side-by-side to destroy the Aurelis Empire have just as quickly turned their swords upon each other.

The year is 003 AF (After the Fall), three years since the flags of Aurelis were put to the torch. Political power has been consolidated into several factions, most of whom existed long before the war ended the Empire. They are groups of influential people, related by marriage and blood who exert their control over nearly every aspect of daily life in the regions they control. In short, they are mafia families. The Imperial Family was little different from them back before they claimed power. And now that they're gone, each other family wants to be the next one on the throne.

In this RP, you will be a member of one of the powerful, magical and mysterious Mafia Families and put your life on the line to help them win out over all their other rivals. Or perhaps you'll go one step further and become a spy, and infiltrate another family for the sake of bringing them down before you're caught and never heard from again. Or perhaps you're interested in starting up a mafia family of your very own, carved out of the territories of those already in power? Whatever your ambition, you will have to live it to the fullest, or end up being a stepping stone for someone greater.

Useful Info | FAQ

✵Who are the GMs for this game?

@ozma

✵Where does the world fall in terms of "fantasy" elements?

In general, the game follows the trappings of "modern/steampunk fantasy" aesthetic. Magic, rather than pure science, is what drives commerce, industry and warfare, and technology has evolved accordingly. Mafiosos still wear nicely-tailored suits and ties, but some might wear an extra layer of magically-enhanced armor if they expect to be heading into trouble. Modern cars don't exist, but steampunk motorcycles, horseless carriages, bicycles, steam trains, zeppelins, and even the rare airship are present, as well as magical teleportation gates (although these are rare and heavily guarded, usually only available in the main city of Edichor). Guns do exist, including semi-automatic pistols and rifles, as well as large-scale weaponry like Gatling guns or rail guns, but our modern-day fully automatic weaponry does not. Cell phones and the internet does not exist, but rudimentary telephone systems are available to the wealthy, as well as electric lighting. Most communication and lighting is done much cheaper via Majats.

Existing stories and properties that have a similar world would be Fullmetal Alchemist, Final Fantasy (6/7/8 era), Castle In The Sky (Laputa), Tales of Symphonia (and other Tales games).

✵What are the rules for making up canon content?

If you are not sure about how some element of your in-game roleplaying meshes with the canon, we simply recommend using your best judgment. As long as it's not something huge and world-affecting it will most likely be fine. If you're still not sure you should always feel free to ask one of the GMs. You may make up NPCs as you need to; if they hold a substantial amount of power or influence in the world of Opheria you should consult one of the GMs before making them canon.

Am I allowed to have more than one character?

Yes, you may have up to two active characters. However, they may not belong to the same Familia, and you may not have them directly interact with each other during a roleplay cycle. (We want to encourage player characters interacting with characters of other players, and not between characters run by one player). Ask a GM for more clarification.

Casual - ✵The ℣elvet Ƒray: A Fantasy Mafia RP✵

Falconmain said:
(This seems good, mind if I join?)

i know i'm not the mod but we're real tight and we've literally been screaming into the void for days i hopes of someone showing interest

i don't know if you noticed it but there's a link at the bottom of his post where you can go to the thread and get the rest of the info

Falconmain said:
(This seems good, mind if I join?)
Absolutely. Like cukes said, there's a link to the game up above. Let me know if you have any questions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back