• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Dream Eater : Of Hopes and Nightmares - OOC (OPEN)

What are you looking forward to?

• Fightning monsters

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Interacting with others

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • The plot

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Nothing, just along for the ride

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
simj26 simj26 That is honestly hilarious. I'm looking forward to Alvaro seeing her typing in a group chat and then sees it's taking her a while thinking she's got a whole paragraph, only to see it's just a sentence or two

Bluffly Bluffly Nellancholy Nellancholy BuggaBoo BuggaBoo LatinKnightz LatinKnightz ( simj26 simj26 I already messaged you on discord but if you see it here first)

Throwing this out there now while I have the chance. Alvaro is gonna be carefully assessing each person as they enter (since it appears he is the first person that arrived I take it).

Bit of insight into his scans, all he's doing is getting a read on each individual. His Empath abilities don't tell him that much about personality but it will tell him their surface or underlying feelings about this whole meet up or in general if there's any negative feelings on a whole about their present situation or interaction with anyone.

With most of them, I already get the sense that's going to be neutral since none of these guys have met before, but I do want to get a general vibe for how each character feels from all of y'all so I can include it in his next post, if you don't mind telling me here what you generally think he could pick up, I'll include it in his next post since he's going to be eyeballing each person as they enter (the glasses help to hide the fact he's doing that).

Norah's feeling remarkably terrible on the inside because she had a real tough day yesterday and her sleep in the infirmary gave her no comfort.

But she's processing it in a detached kind of way.

Bluffly Bluffly Nellancholy Nellancholy BuggaBoo BuggaBoo LatinKnightz LatinKnightz ( simj26 simj26 I already messaged you on discord but if you see it here first)

Throwing this out there now while I have the chance. Alvaro is gonna be carefully assessing each person as they enter (since it appears he is the first person that arrived I take it).

Bit of insight into his scans, all he's doing is getting a read on each individual. His Empath abilities don't tell him that much about personality but it will tell him their surface or underlying feelings about this whole meet up or in general if there's any negative feelings on a whole about their present situation or interaction with anyone.

With most of them, I already get the sense that's going to be neutral since none of these guys have met before, but I do want to get a general vibe for how each character feels from all of y'all so I can include it in his next post, if you don't mind telling me here what you generally think he could pick up, I'll include it in his next post since he's going to be eyeballing each person as they enter (the glasses help to hide the fact he's doing that).
k well i should have a post up by tmrw. Rai is always scowling but expect rai to walk in pissed off, kinda look off the new recruits non-chalantly, but then like feel aggression towards giyoshi once rai sees the arm and leg. But then as soon as she see Norah she will calm down and then like as soon as she sit down near her, she will still be pissed off but emotions in check. For now lol

A depresso Expresso with a shot of stoicism. Got it Nellancholy Nellancholy

I'll have him factor that in when he analyzes her don't know if he'll approach her or not yet, rn waiting for everyone to get something in b4 i do another post.

At least his assumptions weren't off.

gotcha, so stewing in anger. Might be some sort of background with Giyoshi? Generally may not like her based off appearance, guess we'll see. Probs won't say anything to her given she's already in a bad mood. Likely just take it she and Norah have some amicability, may not approach at all since it's better tma familiar face than a stranger.

Figured he knows their names since he was allowed to look at the special unit he would be joining but doesn't have all the info on their details. BuggaBoo BuggaBoo

Ian Temero Ian Temero lotta my RP buds feel similar, personality usually takes them a bit cuz they find it grating. Keep it short if it helps. Don't make it too detailed. Just go with the general feel you think fits the character and move on to whatever else you need. That's my advice at least. Most in my experience just make it short and vague that roughly describes the chara since they don't like writing overall detailed personality traits down that they would have to follow for a hard line on. I get the sense you might be similar so my best advice, keep it short and vague so you don't feel like you're locking yourself in too hard but it identifies enough with what you expect for when you write

Hungry. Melancholic. A little concerned when he glances later at Ace. He'll be addressing that later

gotcha, so stewing in anger. Might be some sort of background with Giyoshi? Generally may not like her based off appearance, guess we'll see. Probs won't say anything to her given she's already in a bad mood. Likely just take it she and Norah have some amicability, may not approach at all since it's better tma familiar face than a stranger.

Figured he knows their names since he was allowed to look at the special unit he would be joining but doesn't have all the info on their details. BuggaBoo BuggaBoo
Aaaaaactually know what? Like after rereading your charriei bio, Rai and Alvaro's timelines matchup! he was 19 when he had to suppress a nightmare with an Episode right? Well guess which girl was 18 and went all psycho when he was 19? Riiiiiight! And so like that was Rai's first UMRAS mission, failed, then like she was remanded to solitary for a year and rehabbed/trained for a year after that and now she 20. .And Alvaro 21 now? Right! Soooooo like if you want we could have Rai as one of the Nightmares in his past and this would be the first time they seen each other since? Aaaaawkward lol

lmk k?

Aaaaaactually know what? Like after rereading your charriei bio, Rai and Alvaro's timelines matchup! he was 19 when he had to suppress a nightmare with an Episode right? Well guess which girl was 18 and went all psycho when he was 19? Riiiiiight! And so like that was Rai's first UMRAS mission, failed, then like she was remanded to solitary for a year and rehabbed/trained for a year after that and now she 20. .And Alvaro 21 now? Right! Soooooo like if you want we could have Rai as one of the Nightmares in his past and this would be the first time they seen each other since? Aaaaawkward lol

lmk k?

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo

Oooh, that would have been good. Damn. I already gave them names in a previous post so that does actually suck.

I could however tweak things, and make it that he went on a mission prior to the incident that led to his own Episode though, and have it be a contributing factor to his eventual slip up.

This way, she isn't the exact end cause of his Episode but a contributing factor to what led to his on the next mission he took after her.

Last edited:
BuggaBoo BuggaBoo

Oooh, that would have been good. Damn. I already gave them names in a previous post so that does actually suck.

I could however tweak things, and make it that he went on a mission prior to the incident that led to his own Episode though, and have it be a contributing factor to his eventual slip up.

This way, she isn't the exact end cause of his Episode but a contributing factor to what led to his on the next mission he took after her.
Ummm. Naw it's all good if it's Canon who the other dreamers are. No need to complicate.

Like we can just leave it as is and go with that she's heard of him thru grapevine since it goes around if Dreamers parents are UNMRAS in the barracks.

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo I mean I'm fine with including it in if you want. In the post I'm working on, already have hinted he is vaguely familiar with her but nothing that can't be hand waved as them seeing each other around UNMRAS. J dont think it'll be too complex to slip in overall though. i already have it in his background that he worked with different teams and didn't have a dedicated one till possibly now. He may have had people he worked with multiple times but never a final team.

So if he suppressed her, I'm for that, if not we can go with rumor mill. Its overall up to you if you want him to be the one that suppressed her, I'm open to either case, just lemme know what ya decide.

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo I mean I'm fine with including it in if you want. In the post I'm working on, already have hinted he is vaguely familiar with her but nothing that can't be hand waved as them seeing each other around UNMRAS. J dont think it'll be too complex to slip in overall though. i already have it in his background that he worked with different teams and didn't have a dedicated one till possibly now. He may have had people he worked with multiple times but never a final team.

So if he suppressed her, I'm for that, if not we can go with rumor mill. Its overall up to you if you want him to be the one that suppressed her, I'm open to either case, just lemme know what ya decide.
Yeah I'm halfway done my post so like imma keep it simple and just do the rumour mill route how she knows of him. All goods.

Shoot, sorry, they activated crunch time at my company and barely came out alive this weekend x_x, I'll get to reading but any summaries here available?

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo The Regal Rper The Regal Rper I don't mind if you guys want to retcon some stuff from your backgrounds if you wanna share a common link. It could be fun, but up to you if you wanna make the adjustements.

Ugh… I’m spending too long making this character. I hate writing personalities…
You can do it, I believe in you! As Regal said, it doesn't need to be an exhaustive and detailed list of your character's psyche. I just need a basic outline of the character to get a feel of who they are as a person, if getting powers changed them at all.

Shoot, sorry, they activated crunch time at my company and barely came out alive this weekend x_x, I'll get to reading but any summaries here available?
Norah and Rai kicked the giant crab' butt to oblivion (actually a train fell on it, but they did most of the work). The giant shark colossus was exploded by the First Dreamers, and so did most of the sea army.

It's the next day, Ace would wake up in the morning at academy's infirmary after suddenly falling unconscious in their room, for no apparent reason. The medical staff will ask them several questions about what happened, but will eventually let them leave the medbay.

The Regal Rper The Regal Rper if you need to know about the two other persons in the classroom, Casey doesn't appear to give off much of anything. It's not like he hasn't no surface emotions, it's just that there is just a tremendous amount of calm emanating from him, it's almost unnatural. Alvaro can assume it's because he is a telepath so his mental barriers are interferring.

As for the Hopeful girl sitting by the corner of the room, while she appears to be mentally absent, Alvaro can sense a lot of pressure, stress, overworked and annoyance from her. I can give you a quick DM about uer if you want to know more about her.

Meanwhile my mental image for Giyoshi:
200w.gif

Ian Temero Ian Temero Miyami is accepted! Can't help but notice you called her Miyako in the personality section though. You may post in the IC whenever you want, welcome !

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo Damn I really thought Casey had a beatdown coming up and had to hand out a shocking there 😄Very good post, I love to see the inner turmoil of recent events combo'ed with her bad attitude and the Curse making her very sour.

Good posts all around, great intros from the new folks, looking forward to playing out this story with all you folks, old and new !

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo Damn I really thought Casey had a beatdown coming up and had to hand out a shocking there 😄Very good post, I love to see the inner turmoil of recent events combo'ed with her bad attitude and the Curse making her very sour.

Good posts all around, great intros from the new folks, looking forward to playing out this story with all you folks, old and new !
Tysm!

Like I in my head I guess I wanted to express the feelings behind how she was feeling and thinking since there's supposed to be an Empath interpreting her emotions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back