• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Dream Eater : Of Hopes and Nightmares - OOC (OPEN)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
I'm still mulling over what ability I want my character to have, that's actually the hardest part for me
I'm here to help if you need some ideas for your character. Do you have some power concepts you'd like to play? Got any stuff you watched or read and told yourself "man, this character is cool, I kinda want to do something like that one day." ?

Seeing a character submitted with a fire power helped me decide on my own character,will get my CS up tomorrow,likely.

Mine's done, let me know if anything needs to be changed.
Ayyy great, I was wondering when the healer would show up ! Alright, so here's the thing about anyone who has healing abilities: there always seem to be a drawback for anyone who has developped any sort of curing powers. The only person recorded to have been granted the power to heal people without any sort of negative feedback is one of the First Dreamers chosen by the Dream Eater before he went to the sky.

In Marianne's case, I would have her ability to heal most of recent injuries, but to do so she must touches someone with her orange flames. While this flame is harmless to the healed person, it does burn Marianne's hands the more she heals. Minor injuries (bruises and sore spots) cause her to feel unfomfortably hot, like sticking her hands right next to an open flame, while moderate injuries (non life-threatening flesh wounds and bruises) feels like putting your hands in an open oven - it's very hot until you can't bear the heat and start burning your skin. Serious injuries (broken bones, injured organs, deep flesh wounds) she actually burns herself. If she heals too much without caring for herself first, she may very well end up turning her hands to ash.

To directly counter the drawback (heal her hands back), Marianne must use the blue flames to inflict pain. The blue flames' efficiency grows the more she has burnt herself prior. To note that her blue flames do little damage to people/monsters when she is untouched, but burns flammable objects as normally as regular fire does.

Ayyy great, I was wondering when the healer would show up ! Alright, so here's the thing about anyone who has healing abilities: there always seem to be a drawback for anyone who has developped any sort of curing powers. The only person recorded to have been granted the power to heal people without any sort of negative feedback is one of the First Dreamers chosen by the Dream Eater before he went to the sky.

In Marianne's case, I would have her ability to heal most of recent injuries, but to do so she must touches someone with her orange flames. While this flame is harmless to the healed person, it does burn Marianne's hands the more she heals. Minor injuries (bruises and sore spots) cause her to feel unfomfortably hot, like sticking her hands right next to an open flame, while moderate injuries (non life-threatening flesh wounds and bruises) feels like putting your hands in an open oven - it's very hot until you can't bear the heat and start burning your skin. Serious injuries (broken bones, injured organs, deep flesh wounds) she actually burns herself. If she heals too much without caring for herself first, she may very well end up turning her hands to ash.

To directly counter the drawback (heal her hands back), Marianne must use the blue flames to inflict pain. The blue flames' efficiency grows the more she has burnt herself prior. To note that her blue flames do little damage to people/monsters when she is untouched, but burns flammable objects as normally as regular fire does.
I've edited it now.

Ayyy welcome aboard ! Our second Nightmare is accepted !

I'll be writing the IC this weekend, as most of our interested fellows have their characters approved. blankcanvas is designing their character after discussing much of concepts and abilities.

Glad to have you all aboard, I'm loving all your characters and will look forward to interact with each and every one of them and hopefully see them develop over the time we build this story together !

Hey everyone ! IC has been posted !

For those who haven't posted a character or want to join later on, fret not ! I can always find a way to introduce your character to the story.

Next IC story update will be written next weekend, unless everyone posts their introduction and are ready to move forward this week.

Enjoy and let's have some fun !

Vox Angelis Vox Angelis What's the standard term of address for us by the security personnel and the rest of the faculty?

Do we at least get a Mr./Ms./Mx. [last name] or is it something more impersonal like "subject" or "dreamer" or whatever?

Vox Angelis Vox Angelis What's the standard term of address for us by the security personnel and the rest of the faculty?

Do we at least get a Mr./Ms./Mx. [last name] or is it something more impersonal like "subject" or "dreamer" or whatever?
Teachers will address you by your family name, the rest of the staff and the security personnel will generally call you by "student" or "dreamer", and the occasional "freak" by the more hot-headed ones. Casey will always call you by your first name in personal interactions.

You would be right in assuming the relationship are very impersonal by general staff.

Teachers will address you by your family name, the rest of the staff and the security personnel will generally call you by "student" or "dreamer", and the occasional "freak" by the more hot-headed ones. Casey will always call you by your first name in personal interactions.

You would be right in assuming the relationship are very impersonal by general staff.
Hi!!

K awesomes. Soooo like questions:

- what exactly happens when the security cuff on a dreamer is activated by a guard?
- can we see them pressing on something or is it like voice activated. Just asking. For a friend. Lol
- Rai been in facility for 2 years. How is she generally treated? In bio I put that like she is only really cool with her therapists and doctors. But she been trying hard to be good so she gets outside rec/gym time
- what had she been told to say or not to say about her time at the facility? If anything she doesn't wanna talk about it anyways
- how much interaction has rai had with any of the 3 major npcs?

K ty!

Hi!!
K awesomes. Soooo like questions:
- what exactly happens when the security cuff on a dreamer is activated by a guard?
It depends on the nature of the guard's request. If it's a Dreamer they could handle without their powers, they'll request to have the cuff activate its power-dampening function and then apprehend the subject. If the dreamer is a physical threat despite their powers, like if they are carrying weapons or have serious training, they'll request a shock treatment. It's basically like being zapped by a taser gun until you fall unconscious.

- can we see them pressing on something or is it like voice activated. Just asking. For a friend. Lol
It's voice activated through comms. The request is sent and shortly after the result of the request comes through. Considering Rai's experience in the facility, she'd know that the ankle cuff also has a built-in communicator that is always listening, so even if a security staff is impaired, the sound of fighting and monitored vitals will clue in the operators to activate emergency protocols.

- Rai been in facility for 2 years. How is she generally treated? In bio I put that like she is only really cool with her therapists and doctors. But she been trying hard to be good so she gets outside rec/gym time
She'll be treated pretty much the same as all Dreamers. Security staff is even more warry of her because of the violent outbursts she had previously exhibited. Medical staff try not to aggravate her situation with the usual contempt most people have towards Dreamers, but Rai could still feel they are being judgmental, except for the few people who aren't as hostile towards Dreamers as the majority of folks.
- what had she been told to say or not to say about her time at the facility? If anything she doesn't wanna talk about it anyways
The higher-ups don't really pay attention to anything the Dreamers have to say, so Rai can talk about pretty much anything she wants, so long it doesn't become talks of inciting others into comit violence against the staff members.
- how much interaction has rai had with any of the 3 major npcs?
Rai would have had almost no interaction with Director Lang and General Salvatore, except for the rare sightings simply because the Director is rarely leaving the staff quarters (it would be quite unsafe, considering a lot of Dreamers consider UNMRAS to be a prison, and Yue Lang runs the place), and the General is either at the staff quarters or out on the field.

The only one of the three she would have met and actively spoke to would be Casey Smith, the Dreamer. He would have overseen her rehabilitation program and probably put some personal time in helping Rai to control herself. His telepathic powers would help a lot with that and he's usually a good soul so while a lot of people would have rather seen Rai put down like a rabid dog, he would be pushing into giving her the opportunities to redeem herself and prove herself.

K a couple more questions cuz me lol

- is there like a dress code or uniform that they make the Dreamers wear?
- how many dreamers are there roaming around the facility? is it like sparse select few or like a packed school type of thingie?

K a couple more questions cuz me lol

- is there like a dress code or uniform that they make the Dreamers wear?
- how many dreamers are there roaming around the facility? is it like sparse select few or like a packed school type of thingie?
No uniform, the kids are all dressed the way they want, unless you go wander about in your underwear or in the nude. Honestly the staff wouldn't care, but they get lots of complaints when someone thinks they're too fly for clothes.

There are hundreds of Dreamers on the campus, so there are quite a lot wandering around despite the large size of the academy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back