• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ~The Dragon Anomaly~ OOC

...We may need to enhance the other dragons again. Look at the Stone paragraph! xD

ALL RIGHT! I vote that Earth dragons get night vision! (See that idea loop there? *Wiggles one eyebrow, since I'm not skilled enough to wiggle the other.*)

You could also give the opposit to fire dragons (they can't be blinded by light) and electroreception (it's sort of like sonar) to water dragons?

Or, infrared for the Fire dragons. :3

I like that idea of electroreception, but how about echolocation (whales use it) and GFP (which is found in jellyfish) that gives causes them to glow (which is controllable)?

Or, infrared for the Fire dragons. :3

I like that idea of electroreception, but how about echolocation (whales use it) and GFP (which is found in jellyfish) that gives causes them to glow (which is controllable)?

Infrared/heat vision sounds awesome :D

Electroreception and Echo location are both pretty cool, and they both have pros and cons:

Electro is excellent for detecting living signitures vs non living and could potentially be used to detect emotions in close range targets, and it also has a broader focus that can be maintained without having constantly send out signals.

Echo location is great for targeted range, possibly even benefiting from sound that occurs in the environment (think daredevil) and could be used to listen in on heart beats or maybe even eavesdropping from long distances and such. 

Bioluminescence (which can be simple or get pretty fancy) is also really cool and would aid other dragons when used by providing light for everyone in the immediate area (could also consider having adjustable wavelengths that can switch to UV and other stuff only water dragons could detect?). In nature it can usually be controlled.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, thanks for the elaboration. xD

We could give electroreception to the Fire dragons since they're the ones that have to use geometry and physics while tunneling the magma chambers. It would be feasible for them to see each other and Earth dragons as they dig. Yet, going by personality category, Water dragons should have this since they would typically be calm. (Although I think it's better that we move aside stereotypical boundaries. Whelp, I can't have everything. :) )

Bioluminescence for Water dragons, and Night Vision for Earth. Yeah?

I got to thinking: should all dragons use echolocation? The description makes it appear the Stone dragons could have more benefit from it too, but they already have so much.  :|

Yeah, thanks for the elaboration. xD

We could give electroreception to the Fire dragons since they're the ones that have to use geometry and physics while tunneling the magma chambers. It would be feasible for them to see each other and Earth dragons as they dig. Yet, going by personality category, Water dragons should have this since they would typically be calm. (Although I think it's better that we move aside stereotypical boundaries. Whelp, I can't have everything. :) )

Bioluminescence for Water dragons, and Night Vision for Earth. Yeah?

I got to thinking: should all dragons use echolocation? The description makes it appear the Stone dragons could have more benefit from it too, but they already have so much.  :|

Electroreception is typically found in aquatic animals only, but this is fantasy so I think exceptions could be, plus they probably tunnel on the ocean floors and stuff. Bioluminescence would be cool, especially if they channel different types of light sources to get different reactions; it could possible also be used as as an underwater method of communication for when they can't talk with sound. 

Having echolocation for all dragons would be really neat, and I could see it being another trait to seperate them from humans and possibly add to reasons people might not trust them. If every dragon has echo location than don't see it as making Stone dragons more powerful, especially since they'd be lacking the special detection abilities of some other elements. It could also always be a latent ability that they all dragons posses but don't always discover? 

Yeah, I can see that. I am pleased with the thought of that, for echolocation being a latent ability. We could have the dragons at differing frequencies, or each type having their own melodies that the others (including humans) do not comprehend. We can also whip up some catchy tunes. ;P

How about this: Earth dragons and Stone dragons are able to create rocks and minerals, despite their rock types. We could give electroreception to both Water AND Fire dragons.

Water dragons possess bioluminescence. I think that should be their outstanding quality (at this moment). For their additional "occupations," perhaps they harvested (or manufactured) pearls, could bring small to moderate bodies of water into the air, and have some extent in controlling animals (that they are able to focus on) by their blood. They could manipulate a small village of maybe a couple hundred.

What about Wood, if last but certainly not least? Vine entanglement and able to merge with trees (which is helpful for their camouflage)?

Hello!  I have roleplayed for 5 years now and am new to this site. I know I don't have to ask but...

May I join?

And is this detailed or not? I'm not the best at detailed so if it's not then I'll join!

Yeah, I can see that. I am pleased with the thought of that, for echolocation being a latent ability. We could have the dragons at differing frequencies, or each type having their own melodies that the others (including humans) do not comprehend. We can also whip up some catchy tunes. ;P

How about this: Earth dragons and Stone dragons are able to create rocks and minerals, despite their rock types. We could give electroreception to both Water AND Fire dragons.

Water dragons possess bioluminescence. I think that should be their outstanding quality (at this moment). For their additional "occupations," perhaps they harvested (or manufactured) pearls, could bring small to moderate bodies of water into the air, and have some extent in controlling animals (that they are able to focus on) by their blood. They could manipulate a small village of maybe a couple hundred.

What about Wood, if last but certainly not least? Vine entanglement and able to merge with trees (which is helpful for their camouflage)?

Do you think bioluminescence could be applied in a similar manner to cuttlefish skin in terms of fluctuating and changing patterns? 

Along with those, maybe Wood could have a talent for languages and mimicking whatever they hear? Maybe as they age their skin could harbour plant life or maybe they could learn to grow tgrow things on it like medicinal herbs/plants with healing properties? 

@DogLover0103- Welcome! I think we're going to keep it relatively detailed. Check out the main page if you haven't. The link is on the first page of this discussion.

Yes, but I think it should be a limited range of colors. I'm leaning toward whites, yellows, greens, oranges, and light blues. I have a visual in my head of a dragon doing this, and I'm thinking about that "football" fish from Finding Nemo, where the bio-light will appear on their bodies, studded.

I think verbal mimicry should be an acquired skill for all dragons. I like the idea of their bodies harboring vegetation. Look out everyone, we have a walking pharmacy. 

@DogLover0103- Welcome! I think we're going to keep it relatively detailed. Check out the main page if you haven't. The link is on the first page of this discussion.

Yes, but I think it should be a limited range of colors. I'm leaning toward whites, yellows, greens, oranges, and light blues. I have a visual in my head of a dragon doing this, and I'm thinking about that "football" fish from Finding Nemo, where the bio-light will appear on their bodies, studded.

I think verbal mimicry should be an acquired skill for all dragons. I like the idea of their bodies harboring vegetation. Look out everyone, we have a walking pharmacy. 

What about reds? Interestingly enough, it can be used to 'illuminate' some animals and not every creature can detect it. 

IMG_2669.PNG

(Personally I also think that bright pinks/purples go really well with bright blues.)

Red-orange? :P

I think I'll take out the "whites," since they are technically shades. Replacing oranges with reds then.

We might as well make an entire language like Tolkien at this point. xD  

Don't tempt me XD..... but omg that would be so awesome.

Yeah, but I'm already studying a language. Spanish was last year, French next year. I'm not ready to become one of those Sildurian "geeks," as my father labels them. xP

Just got home from work and today was my b day so I spent it at work because work is mean to me D:! So I am not sure if I will get my character done tonight since I want to relax on my b day but I will try to get her done tomorrow!

Happy LATE birthday!

My internet died again.  -.-

I'm still working on my dragon drawing though. Haven't revised the bio yet.

Happy birthday @Lunaria! Sorry I'm late. 

Nothing but a busy schedule to make me unable to check this. Gawd I hate it when all my teachers have tests on the same week. 

Hey, I've just started adding numbers to Vermiron's size and I wanted to ask if they were ok. I did make him really long, but he's also thinner and not as bulky as most dragons (very, very snake like) and his shoulders are only a feet taller than a humans height meaning he's still in the danger zone for alot of human weaponry.

*I based his length off of the blue whale.*

Vermiron should be done now :D

Screw it for now. My dragon looks like a nutcase with the spots I drew on it. It looks like a leopard was smeared on its back. -__-

I'll just fix the bio. Sorry guys.

Quick Q: Should I change Thorne's (may change to Cas) age to 19, since everyone seems to be younger than 24?

Eh I'm sure it's fine. Most likely better than the ones I draw. xD  

Anyways, I'm still working on my character so chances are it might be up tonight or sometime tomorrow. 

I too have a question: when someone forms into a dragon than back into a human, do they keep the clothes they had on before? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back