• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ~The Dragon Anomaly~ OOC

Yes, unless you want to be in the nude. *Slaps face-cheeks.* ;P

When I picture my dragons transforming, they are engulfed in a flame or light and voila! Dragon.

I guess you could go for that werewolf effect?

Quick Q: Should I change Thorne's (may change to Cas) age to 19, since everyone seems to be younger than 24?

Vermiron's 21, I would have made him older... but well that wasn't possible.

I thought about making Rutier that age too, but since Stone dragons are rare I thought putting him in a different year might be better. It kinda fits with him now anyways though, though if your feeling lonely I can bump him up :D

Anyways it's up to you, and I don't see a problem with either.  -_0.0_-

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, her twin would be- oh wait. I done goofed. My math was off; Thorne's supposed to be 19. Oh well, that's relatively young for dragons.

I'm sure you can make Vermiron older. What was given on the main page were examples.

Screw it for now. My dragon looks like a nutcase with the spots I drew on it. It looks like a leopard was smeared on its back. -__-

I'll just fix the bio. Sorry guys.

That... sounds kinda adorable, but maybe that's just me. :P

Well, her twin would be- oh wait. I done goofed. My math was off; Thorne's supposed to be 19. Oh well, that's relatively young for dragons.

I'm sure you can make Vermiron older. What was given on the main page were examples.

Maybe if we get some more characters around those ages.

Anyways, that gives me an idea for another character, but I think I'll hold on to it for a while and see if maybe later in the RP there's a few spots for full dragons....or a pirate :D

Edit: Totally serious 'bout that last part :3

Just posted my character. Still editing a few things and thinking over abilities for the dragon part.

Yeah, that too. I've been wondering where Spatula has been. We've dragged on in the development in the story to even regard the actual roleplay. I don't mind well-planned development taking time, but losing a pen-pal isn't fun either.

I have until 9:30 am tomorrow before I go to school. Hopefully, we can have a post or two from each other. Here's what I have in mind for starting off my character, if we're in a small village: Thorne is in a jail cell, chained to the wall by her wrists. (Nothing sexual going on here whatsoever, she'll spit metal in your face before that happens.) She is laying there absent-mindedly, waiting to be taken out and auctioned off for her capture, having been discovered to be a half-dragon (but no one knows what type she is yet). Previously, she was trying to flee in dragon-form, but her pursuers had torn a large portion of her right wing, causing her to be grounded. The captors lassoed Thorne down and dragged her back to the village to be trialed and imprisoned.

Haha, I've just been waiting to see if anyone else would answer.

I actually have the same schedule except that I have a sport event on Saturday instead. 

It's really late tonight so I'm thinking sometime tomorrow might be a better time for everyone. I'm not saying I'm speaking for you guys but just saying it might be an easier time. 

Yeah, that too. I've been wondering where Spatula has been. We've dragged on in the development in the story to even regard the actual roleplay. I don't mind well-planned development taking time, but losing a pen-pal isn't fun either.

I have until 9:30 am tomorrow before I go to school. Hopefully, we can have a post or two from each other. Here's what I have in mind for starting off my character, if we're in a small village: Thorne is in a jail cell, chained to the wall by her wrists. (Nothing sexual going on here whatsoever, she'll spit metal in your face before that happens.) She is laying there absent-mindedly, waiting to be taken out and auctioned off for her capture, having been discovered to be a half-dragon (but no one knows what type she is yet). Previously, she was trying to flee in dragon-form, but her pursuers had torn a large portion of her right wing, causing her to be grounded. The captors lassoed Thorne down and dragged her back to the village to be trialed and imprisoned.

Hmm... If your up for it Rūtier might be curious enough head down to the cells to check out the new prisoner/have been sent down to the cells as an interrogator? It's possible that he'd be willing to release her, depending on how the conversation goes. Recently he's begun to grow rebellious towards the Dragon Knights so there's a part of him that's really going to want mess this up for them.

Vermiron could possibly be in town for a supply run, or if neccessary/wanted an earlier capture.

If we are all okay with starting at a small village (a lake away from the capital?):

Having Rūtier check the prison cells might be the better option, rather than "forcing" Vermiron to be there. Or, Vermiron could "win" Thorne at the auction. I'm all right with the early capture. They could hatch an escape together.

I'm sure Thorne will rebuke Rūtier. If there is a light source Thorne can see Rūtier with (depending on where you have him stand, since the jail is your property, in a way), she'll be more crossed with meeting him. I won't resort to going: "Stay out of my sight! I hate you! Leave me alone!" I'll elaborate more, if he's able to stick it out.

If (free) Vermiron is there at your expense (for whatever reasonable purpose I know you are capable of creating) and Rūtier walked out, I'll have her not realize he's a dragon yet, if you prefer, until they have left the village. Free her after. It would cause less suspicion, I would think. Other than that, she'll follow him around at his command, but not without defying him a couple times (even if he made it for show, and she doesn't realize this).

She will interact with others characters if given the chance still!

I finished my dragon outline. ;D

Got to go now.

Will someone edit the other paragraphs? I have to go now.

Water: Before the war, Water dragons would harvest and trade pearls and fish with humans. Water dragons were once seen as a symbol of fluidity and harmony, but, like the rest of the dragons, they are now hunted. These dragons can spew, mist, and freeze water. They are able to manipulate small-to-moderate bodies in mid-air. Water dragons are responsible for all storms and floods from their dragon cries. Water dragons possess skill of bioluminescence, producing light inside their bodies (like jellyfish and zooplankton), which is especially useful in caves and below the abyssal zone in water. A unique talent of the Water dragons is their extent in controlling animals (including humans) by their blood. (Blood-bending is limited to what the dragons are able to see/focus on.) They could manipulate a small village of a couple hundred humans, and three-to-four full or half-dragons in their reptilian form. This makes them heavily feared by mankind. Water dragons work with Stone dragons to create waterfalls and creeks, and they work with Fire dragons to create hot springs and steam. They are responsible for the change of Autumn to Winter. Humans who continue to respect Water dragons are gifted with plenty of water, and it is rumored that they cannot be drowned.

Fire: In legend, these dragons were sent from heaven to kill and punish the wicked. They were once respected and loved; now they are feared and hated. They breathe fire, have infrared vision, and are responsible for the change of Winter to Spring, and Spring to Summer. They create channels of magma and, with help of Earth dragons, cause volcanoes to form (that later become mountains when they are no longer active). A quality of Fire dragons, electroreception, allows them perceive electrical impulses. It’s excellent for distinguishing between living and non-living signatures, could potentially be used to detect emotions in close-ranged targets, and has a broader focus that can be maintained without having constantly send out signals, unlike echolocation. (This helps with their underground tunneling under ocean floors, and to detect other Fire dragons and Earth dragons.) Fire dragons may choose to pass electroreception to a another dragon, but only temporarily. (It can’t last more than one day; it has to be renewed each time. This will also exhaust the Fire dragon.) Those who continue to respect Fire dragons are granted protection from evil, and potentially in battle. They may be given a keen sense of integrity as well.

Hello there people of Dragon Anomaly, The name's Fears and I'll hope we get along with dis Role play.

Also thanks @The Illusionist for accepting me and a friend who will introduce himself soon. :D

Retcon los lass.

Hello there RP friends! I am Oddball, the friend Fear Fates mentioned, this RP looks pretty interesting! Thank you @The Illusionist

Let's get this party started...

Hello there RP friends! I am Oddball, the friend Fear Fates mentioned, this RP looks pretty interesting! Thank you @The Illusionist

Let's get this party started...

Ahnaldpartyhard.png

ACT is in half an hour.

Whelp, I hope this will all go swimmingly.

Be sure to post your characters on the Joining page, which is linked from the Main page, @Fear Fates and @Oddball.

Strangely enough, Oddball was going to be my username, but... I chose this instead.

ACT is in half an hour.

Be sure to post your characters on the Joining page, which is linked from the Main page, @Fear Fates and @Oddball.

Strangely enough, Oddball was going to be my username, but... I chose this instead.

No problem, in the process of making an interesting character. Quick question, if a half-blood were to die in his/her dragon form. Will there corpse be in their dragon form or they revert to their humanoid form?

ACT is in half an hour.

Alright! I hope this goes well too! Gonna be posting our characters up real soon- writing them right now. 

P.S. That's interesting lol, I thought Oddball was gonna be taken but hey lol I was surprised about its availability... lucky me I guess

Good question, Fears. I thought: if a half (or full)-dragon were to die in dragon form, then they die in dragon form. If they die in human form, then they die in human form.

Pppbbt, not many are creative, Oddball. xD  

Good question, Fears. I thought: if a half (or full)-dragon were to die in dragon form, then they die in dragon form. If they die in human form, then they die in human form.

Pppbbt, not many are creative, Oddball. xD  

Oh good, how does a Dragon bone club sound to you? hue hue hue.

Interesting idea. You'll have to elaborate a bit more about it. I'm enticed about your character's bio or reason of obtaining it. Will he be a knight too?

Got to go, later.

Interesting idea. You'll have to elaborate a bit more about it. I'm enticed about your character's bio or reason of obtaining it. Will he be a knight too?

Got to go, later.

Say, how would you describe the knights of the order in personality? Ah, later.

Just wanted to let you know that I made my character a bit older so it would fit my character better. Also, I didn't realize how bad my spelling was until I re-read my character post. xD  

Say, how would you describe the knights of the order in personality? Ah, later.

In my own opinion I would think of most of them as being pretty cutthroat: They have a very dangerous job, not something most people would do unless the potential reward was something they highly valued (so many of them must really love, or have a need for money) and they'd have to be willing to harm and capture creatures that arn't always dragons, but can appear as young girls and boys and still be fine with either sticking a sword in their throat or selling them off into slavery. That's not... something many people could do in good consciousness. 

It wouldn't surprise me if most of their numbers came from a criminal background, this being either a punishment for their crimes (not an uncommon sentence in history) or seeing this as their only way to a wealthy future. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back