• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Blackmarrow University for Bizarre Sorceries (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Mephisto

The King of Swing
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I went ahead and made a Discord that you can ask a link for but this is here just in case you don't want to use Discord!

I'll uh... I'll definitely be here a while fixing all the threads lol

---

All roads leading to the academy grounds end up converging into one unsettling path. Cutting through the heart of a massive graveyard, the Labyrinth Forest twists and turns in a meandering, confusing way.

Forms of un-life even the brave and daring dread to dream of linger along the edges of the coiling mist. Those caught unprepared are ensnared, their screams fading away into nothing. The lanterns drifting beyond the road are simply lures for the living to follow to their doom.

Beyond this lies Barrow Mountain. It is here where the strange magics surrounding the Blackmarrow University begin to coalesce.

Dark clouds gather and shudder with eldritch lightning not of this realm. Energies from beyond call the dead and howling from the deepest corners of reality. Doubt sets in, but turning back is no longer an option. The coachman does not surrender his reins easily and cracks the whip.

The gates open.

Welcome to where the horrors of the world are free to roam.

Welcome to the eternal dance of the macabre.

Welcome to… Blackmarrow!

---

Every lesson is a session. Every session is random. Every lesson provides you with a spell to learn, a skill to master, or experience for future endeavors.

The encounters are decided by me - of course! I have a spreadsheet with over a hundred different possibilities for how any given lesson will occur (and it keeps getting bigger, despite my best efforts).

How your characters can utilize their time outside of lessons is up to you, so long as it makes sense in the context of the story. If you're unsure about something, just contact me and we can work it out.

Stats aren't important because this is meant as a D&D-like dungeon crawler.

The school's layout constantly shifts around, meaning any room you're accustomed to frequenting might not even be in the same place the next time you go there. Stairs might go to dead ends, hallways may become isolated by thick walls in the middle of class change.

It is your responsibility to be on time for your lessons, however.

The world of Skellbrieg is a dangerous one, with all sorts of natural and unnatural terrors that seem to congregate towards Blackmarrow at some point or another. The possibilities are endless, and so should your imagination!

---

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back