• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Beginning of the End

Alex had finished his breakfast. ".. Good stuff." He smiled at Hunter and then took a deep breath. ".. It's a nice day out. I wish there were good beaches in Wisconsin." He chuckled. (@Soul OMU)

--

"How'd you like that?" Eric asked as he rubbed his hands together and hopped up from the piano. (@Soul OMU

--

Carl had pulled away from Tom now that he knew who these people were. Doug was about to answer Tom, but then he saw that Carl had picked up his gun from the ground and was now offering him it. He was holding it in a safe way, though. A way that Tom and Alex had urged him to hold guns if he wasn't using them. Doug smiled and then reached down and ruffled his hair while also taking the gun.

".. Thanks, Carl..." He said while tucking the gun into his pants. Carl looked up at Tom with a proud smile and then hugged him for a moment before pulling away and running over to the playing equipment again. He began climbing the little thing that lead up to the slide. "Run along and play, you two... Me and your mother need to talk to Tom, okay?" He said to them, they both smiled and turned away; they hesitantly approached Carl once he reached the bottom of the slide, and soon enough they were sat on the floor and talking to each other. It was going slow and steady with their friendships.

Doug held his wife's hand tight and walked over to sit on the bench, and then looked up at Tom again. ".. Let's talk then, sir." He said in a friendly tone while running his thumb over the top of Debora's hand. (@DrCompton, @Soul OMU)

DrTrollinski said:
Alex had finished his breakfast. ".. Good stuff." He smiled at Hunter and then took a deep breath. ".. It's a nice day out. I wish there were good beaches in Wisconsin." He chuckled. (@Soul OMU)
--

"How'd you like that?" Eric asked as he rubbed his hands together and hopped up from the piano. (@Soul OMU

--

Carl had pulled away from Tom now that he knew who these people were. Doug was about to answer Tom, but then he saw that Carl had picked up his gun from the ground and was now offering him it. He was holding it in a safe way, though. A way that Tom and Alex had urged him to hold guns if he wasn't using them. Doug smiled and then reached down and ruffled his hair while also taking the gun.

".. Thanks, Carl..." He said while tucking the gun into his pants. Carl looked up at Tom with a proud smile and then hugged him for a moment before pulling away and running over to the playing equipment again. He began climbing the little thing that lead up to the slide. "Run along and play, you two... Me and your mother need to talk to Tom, okay?" He said to them, they both smiled and turned away; they hesitantly approached Carl once he reached the bottom of the slide, and soon enough they were sat on the floor and talking to each other. It was going slow and steady with their friendships.

Doug held his wife's hand tight and walked over to sit on the bench, and then looked up at Tom again. ".. Let's talk then, sir." He said in a friendly tone while running his thumb over the top of Debora's hand. (@DrCompton, @Soul OMU)
Hunter slowly eating, hasn't eaten much of her plate.

--

Jenna smiles while watching him. "That was pretty good." she said while getting off the wall. (@DrTrollinski)

Alex looked at her and took hold of her hand, with a gentle sigh he slowly caressed it and pulled her close with one arm. ".. Why haven't you eaten anything...?" He asked her quietly in worry. (@Soul OMU

--

"Thanks..." He smiled at her and then looked around. Banjos, violins, guitars, flutes, xylophones. Everything. He'd like to be here. He walked over and picked up a simple polished wood guitar from the wall and strummed it a little. It sounded pretty good. He inspected it but it was unbranded. ".. Hm--.. This must be locally made. There's no brand. It's got the sound of a Yamaha guitar, though... Whoever made it knows what they're doing, clearly." He chuckled a little. (@Soul OMU)

"First things first, if you threaten anyone in my group, I wont hesitate to kill you. Either one of you. I wont hurt your kids, cause I wont blame them for your stupidity if you choose to be stupid. That aside, we're a friendly group, I wont stand for hurting others no bandits here as far as I know. We haven't cleared the whole town, but as far as we know its all clear... There are no burned out cars, there is no blood in the street, hell its like this place was forgotten about years ago. What did you guys do before all this craziness?"

DrTrollinski said:
Alex looked at her and took hold of her hand, with a gentle sigh he slowly caressed it and pulled her close with one arm. ".. Why haven't you eaten anything...?" He asked her quietly in worry. (@Soul OMU
--

"Thanks..." He smiled at her and then looked around. Banjos, violins, guitars, flutes, xylophones. Everything. He'd like to be here. He walked over and picked up a simple polished wood guitar from the wall and strummed it a little. It sounded pretty good. He inspected it but it was unbranded. ".. Hm--.. This must be locally made. There's no brand. It's got the sound of a Yamaha guitar, though... Whoever made it knows what they're doing, clearly." He chuckled a little. (@Soul OMU)
Hunter sighs and puts down her fork. "I have... Just not much.." she said softly while looking at him.

--

Jenna smiles a bit while looking around and walking. "That's pretty cool, too bad they aren't here..." she said while looking over slightly.

--

Scarlet thinking while standing nearby, not really paying attention since she's not really in the conversation.(@DrTrollinski, @DrCompton)

They both nodded in agreement to his first statement - it scared them, but they had nothing to worry about seeing as they wouldn't do anything like that to the people that had already been so kind to them. "We wouldn't do that, sir..." Doug muttered quietly; he hesitated when he asked his last question. ".. We--.. We struggled." He gave a sad chuckle. ".. We struggled, but we got by... I was a mechanic, did some electronic work as well - Debora here did interior decorating. It was good money, but... You know, it wasn't prime-time." He gave a half-smile to Tom. (@Soul OMU)

--

".. Well--.. I'd certainly like to give it a shot." Eric shrugged. ".. Can't be that hard, it's just going to be cutting it right and putting it all together that'll be the tough part." He smiled at her and then put the guitar back down. ".. Now that we don't have to worry about getting killed so much, I'll teach you how to play, if you want." He offered. (@Soul OMU)

"A mechanic and an electrician?" Tom raised a brow, "Now you're the leading expert in the stuff as far as Im concerned, when it comes past changing a tire Im useless.... I dont have much use for interior design, but" Tom shrugs, "Scarlet and I were soldiers before all this, so yeah, we can't say much." He smiles, "Um Maybe we should gather up the little ones and go meet the others?"

Doug looked back to the said children, but paused. He didn't say anything, because what he saw amazed him. He saw them all running around and chasing each other, laughing and chatting away as if nothing bad had ever happened. He leaned forward and linked his hands in front of him, his eyes going wide and misty. ".. Jesus, man... I ain't seem 'em like that since--.. since before all this happened..." He choked, trying to hold in the emotion. ".. You can go get 'em, pal... I don't want to interrupt..." He said, giving a broken smile. (@DrCompton)

Hunter sighs softly. "I don't know... I just haven't... been hungry is all..."

--

Jenna smiles a bit and laughs softly. "Maybe." she said while looking at him. "Anyways maybe we should clean up a bit." she said while finding a broom to start cleaning the floor. (@DrTrollinski)

He hugged her tight and rested his head against her own. ".. You ate just fine at the mall." He said to her, kissing her cheek. ".. I won't make you eat, but I don't want to see you waste away." He said to her. (@Soul OMU)

--

"I guess so, yeah." He said, he put the guitar back on the wall and then walked around to look for some stuff. He found a key behind the counter which was presumably the key to the store; he put that in his pocket and then went and found a broom as well. This could be his and Jenna's new quiet place to hang out, which would be pretty awesome as they both liked music. ".. Hell, brooms in a music store? This sort of stuff belongs on Broadway." He chuckled while he swept the floor. (@Soul OMU

DrTrollinski said:
He hugged her tight and rested his head against her own. ".. You ate just fine at the mall." He said to her, kissing her cheek. ".. I won't make you eat, but I don't want to see you waste away." He said to her. (@Soul OMU)
--

"I guess so, yeah." He said, he put the guitar back on the wall and then walked around to look for some stuff. He found a key behind the counter which was presumably the key to the store; he put that in his pocket and then went and found a broom as well. This could be his and Jenna's new quiet place to hang out, which would be pretty awesome as they both liked music. ".. Hell, brooms in a music store? This sort of stuff belongs on Broadway." He chuckled while he swept the floor. (@Soul OMU
Scarlet walking through the park, thinking, still within earshot in case she needs help. (@DrCompton)

--

Hunter holding his hand and lightly squeezes it. "I won't darling... I promise I'll eat something as soon as I feel the urge okay?" she said while looking at him. (@DrTrollinski)

--

Jenna smiles a bit and laughs softly while sweeping. "Right..." she said while grinning a bit as she swept. (@DrTrollinski)

He started dancing around with the broom a little while grinning and whistling a quirky little tune. He still did the cleaning, but he added a little more of a jive to it. He tried to resist the urge of laughing, but he was doing this to reinforce his Broadway joke. (@Soul OMU)

--

"Okay..." He smiled at her and kissed her once more. ".. I could really eat some ice cream right now." He chuckled a little and looked around the diner. This place was a lot nicer during the day. (@Soul OMU)

Jenna laughs softly and shakes her head. "I don't think so." she said while sweeping normally, focusing on the task.

--

Hunter laughs softly as she sits back. "Oh jeez..." she said while shaking her head a bit and eating a few more bites. (@DrTrollinski)

"Aww... Come on..." Eric chuckled, he paused for a moment and then swiftly turned around to face her, holding the broom in a tilted angle in his arms. "After all... We're on Broadway..." He winked and grinned at her before laughing softly and then going back to regular cleaning. (@Soul OMU

--

"Say, Hunter... What sort of job did you want to work? Before all this, I mean." He asked. (@Soul OMU)

Jenna laughs and shakes her head while sweeping. "Oh jeez... knock it off City boy." she said while smiling a bit in amusement while watching him out of the corner of her eye.

--

Hunter blinks and looks at him. "Huh? Uh... I didn't really have an idea." (@DrTrollinski)

".. I wanted to be a surgeon." He said with a shrug. ".. Come on, surely you must have some idea." He gently nudged her shoulder and smiled. (@Soul OMU)

--

He grinned and spun away to continue sweeping. ".. Just a city boy...! Born and raised in South Detroit!" He busted out into a single line from Journey's 'Don't Stop Believing' - He was laughing quietly under his breath after he did that. (@Soul OMU)

Hunter bites her lip while looking down. "No... I really don't. Riley wanted to be a Veterinarian." she said while blowing at her bangs and sighing.

--

Jenna smiles and laughs softly. "He took the midnight train~ Going anywhere..." she sang softly while sweeping. (@DrTrollinski)

"Yeah..." He smiled. "That sounds like Riley." He said, taking a deep breath. ".. I think you'd be a therapist, or something. I think you'd be good at that." He gently petted her hair. (@Soul OMU)

--

".. A singer in a smokey room...! Smell of wine, and cheap perfume... For a smile they can share the night, and it goes on and on and on and on..." He continued the song, but he put quite a bit of heart into it; he was grinning while he sang it, but he didn't care how stupid it was - she'd joined in and it was a nice little moment to share. (@Soul OMU)

Hunter snorts and raises a brow. "A therapist? Really...? I don't know about that..." she said as she leaned against him, enjoying him petting her hair. (@DrTrollinski )

--

"Strangers waiting... up and down the boulevard... Their shadows searching in the night~" she sang softly while sweeping and smiling a bit as she does so. (DrTrollinski)

".. Yeah, either that or a teacher. A bit of a difference, but I think you'd be a good Kindergarten teacher, or something." He shrugged and smiled. (@Soul OMU

--

"Streetlight. People... Livin' just to find emotion... Hidin'. Somewhere, in the night..." He quietened down a little bit while he continued sweeping the floor - he was sweeping all of the dirt and dust into one corner of the room. (@Soul OMU - Last post. Goodnight :)

DrTrollinski said:
Doug looked back to the said children, but paused. He didn't say anything, because what he saw amazed him. He saw them all running around and chasing each other, laughing and chatting away as if nothing bad had ever happened. He leaned forward and linked his hands in front of him, his eyes going wide and misty. ".. Jesus, man... I ain't seem 'em like that since--.. since before all this happened..." He choked, trying to hold in the emotion. ".. You can go get 'em, pal... I don't want to interrupt..." He said, giving a broken smile. (@DrCompton)

Tom whistled to get Carls attention. "Hey Carl, come on over we are gonna find everyone else and introduce Doug and his family." Tom looked at the three children, "we have another little girl in our group, I think she is 6?" Tom looked at scarlet for an answer

Carl looked at the other kids and then shot back to Tom and stood in front of him. He frowned at the talk of Caitlyn. "Nuh-uh! She's four! But--.. she's gonna' be five, it's her birthday in two days." He grinned at him and then took hold of his hand. (@Soul OMU - Check my last post, eh? ;) )

"Nah. Kindergarten teacher's the definite one, Hunt. Then again, I think Riley would have been good in that sort of job as well - You're good with the kids as it is, so I'd say with a bit of practice you'd be a natural." He winked at her and then kissed her lips with a chuckle. (@Soul OMU

--

Eric put the broom down once he'd brushed everything over into one corner. He looked around and smiled a little. "Well, it certainly looks nicer in here now." He said as he turned to her with a half grin. "Looks like we've got our hangout point, eh?" He winked and laughed a little before walking over to the counter and jumping up to sit on it; he linked his hands in front of him and leaned forward a little while looking around the store. (@Soul OMU)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back