• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Balancers

Really itching to finally get into something good, and I remembered about this one again just now. Really excited :)

heavenly said:
Really itching to finally get into something good, and I remembered about this one again just now. Really excited :)
Same, hopefully tomorrow it will start. I don't think I can wait till Wednesday xD

Alright so i'm finally back. I'm going to be looking through CS's and fixing my own soon. ;-; I didn't want to leave but something came up lmao.

@CoconutLeaves Nice character but too many powers for the current stage of the game. Please nerf yourself down a bit.

@heavenly @Bolts Again, lovely characters. Elements are too ambiguous. Please narrow them down. Also, the more powers the weaker they are. Quality and Quantity must have balance.

I hope I understood what you're saying correctly. I gave her some more fear and worry/flaws to balance it out, and cut out some random and unnecessary detail for the sake of keeping it simple.

Keep in mind I'm all for constructive criticism and such, so there's no need to worry about hurting any feelings.

Ok, I put in magic usage and time needed. I hope that works. If not, can you give me an example of what you are looking for? Just want to be on the same page is all!

@Vengeance Spirit

CoconutLeaves said:
@Vengeance Spirit I removed the summoning ability and placed limits on the blinding skill. Will it be alright, or is the illusion magic troublesome?
It's just you have a ton of high level abilities. Compare your own to everyone else's.

@heavenly @Bolts The problem was the use of the word element. Element has a lot of leeway. It must be specified.

@Vengeance Spirit

I understand. I removed the offensive magic skill, and limited the illusion skill that now allows her to just "make voices" from the wind.

As for the gifts of the waters, it isn't a magic spell. But more of knowledge she has learned from life.

Also one more thing. Anyone who uses weapons please mention your expertise with the weapon! I need to know to make sure I have a good look at where your character stands.

kk, like that or more in depth

[QUOTE="Vengeance Spirit]Also one more thing. Anyone who uses weapons please mention your expertise with the weapon! I need to know to make sure I have a good look at where your character stands.

[/QUOTE]
my good sir?

@heavenly

Is that story explaining her ability??? it doesn't really mention what the ability is itself. I'm going to assume you're writing about her hunting skills right? So I'm guessing that'd be hunting and tracking right?

sealofapproval_comp.jpg

@Cross_Rhodes Excellent character sheet. Even though the magic ability is powerful, having no control over it will act as the buffer. However, if this proves to be a hassle I might nerf it further. It comes down to how well you RP it. So, you're good to go onto the field.

@CoconutLeaves A very balanced character. I see she is kind of like a survivalist of sorts. If she's lost in the woods or anywhere she'll find a way to live. There's a lot of room for character growth in the Roleplay.

@Bolts Your skills seem fine. However, they are numerous. The more powers the weaker they are. Just keep that in mind while RPing. It's harder to master things when your mana is split between two paths. This isn't a bad thing. It only hinders the ability to master an ability, but being a Jack of all Trades is just fine. Your character will more than likely grow at a slower rate than the others.

@heavenly We're down to the nitty gritty things that I believe you can handle on your own. So, I'll accept the CS. Your character's abilities are fine and her personality will go swimmingly with the others.

To all my Roleplayers-

Growth is the strongest element in this roleplay. This is emotional and physical. I will not control the growth of your characters. You will. I will, however, tell you when your character's growth is too rapid. Physical growth and emotional growth tend to go hand in hand. A character who is not emotionally ready will not make the physical leap.

*Keep in mind that death and serious injury can always occur. Also, there may be times when a character wishes to split onto their own path for good. They will still be alive but just no longer in the roleplay. You will be able to make another character if the split was at a good time. We must remember our long term goals while not forgetting the changes we make on the road.

just the way I like it! I always appreciate the hard battles of character development and its hinders!

ronnydazzler said:
Character sheet posted.
Okay so. I don't like the age being unknown. That could create a huge disparity in the roleplay when time is mentioned. Spells still say WIP. Lorecraft seems like it could be OP but I'm still unsure of what it exactly tells you about the spell. The way I read it was that it could tell the user the weakness of any magic? Potentially giving them the ability to counter any attack. If this is true, the limiting factors on it are too weak for such a powerful ability.

Vengeance Spirit] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/13737-heavenly/ said:
@heavenly[/URL]
Is that story explaining her ability??? it doesn't really mention what the ability is itself. I'm going to assume you're writing about her hunting skills right? So I'm guessing that'd be hunting and tracking right?
Yeah, you're right on that. Her skills on this are still limited, as she hasn't had one to teach her in so long, nor is the game in the mountains very plentiful. I'm sorry for all of the dificulties with this whole thing. I'm not used to a stricter-type group thing since this will be the first legit, large one I've taken part in aside from a trio outside of RPN. So, that means I'm not used to balancing a character out with multiple others.

I'll be tidying up my sheeiiit when I get a chance.

heavenly said:
Yeah, you're right on that. Her skills on this are still limited, as she hasn't had one to teach her in so long, nor is the game in the mountains very plentiful. I'm sorry for all of the dificulties with this whole thing. I'm not used to a stricter-type group thing since this will be the first legit, large one I've taken part in aside from a trio outside of RPN. So, that means I'm not used to balancing a character out with multiple others.
I'll be tidying up my sheeiiit when I get a chance.
Same here. My D&D helps out though. Just a lot of things to set up so it's fun overall during the sessions eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back