[Telltale] The Walking Dead [Inactive]

Ryker's shoes were silent on the cracked asphalt. He hadn't seen any dead heads so that was a good sign. Ryker thought back to his last group, they had holed up inside of a farmhouse for nearly a month. They had talked about a place, a safe haven in the area he was now in. Sharon particularly had been excited about it. Ryker blinked back tears he hadn't realized how much he'd missed the seventy year old librarian. Shaking his head he focused on the road ahead. He saw dead head on the road and cut through a yard. He needed this place to be real not like the last two places. He readjusted the bow on his shoulder and tightened his grip on his crowbar. A large brick building loomed into view, upon closer inspection he realized the surrounding area had been fenced off. He followed the chain link until he came to something that looked like a main entrance. Ryker scanned the area for the dead and lowered his crowbar when he realized he was alone. Taking a breath he steadied himself. He needed this place to be real, he needed Crawford to be real. "Anybody home?" he called out, voice shakier than he had hoped.

"Nice to meet you Terrence. I'm Matthew." Matthew extended a hand out to the rugged man he had just met. Terrence smiled and shook it back. He turned back to the wheel, as they approached what appeared to be the community's gates. Terrence rolled down the window and began waving his hand frantically. The gates opened quickly, as the two jeeps began rolling inside to Crawford. "I'll be damned." Matthew stated, looking happily at the children playing, the elderly having walkabouts. It was normal. Like everything used to be. People walked dogs. F**king dogs.

Terrence turned back around to Matthew as they stepped out of the jeep. "Look, Mr. Crawford is going to definitely want to see you and your friends. He loves meeting new people. I'll show ya'll around to him. Try and find your friends and get them together. You can all meet the others later, alright?" Matthew nodded. "Ok, I'll try and round them up." He said, then stepped onto the streets of Crawford.

The first two he saw were Harry and Logan. They seemed to be talking to another citizen. "Hey guys! Uh, Terrence wants us to meet 'Mr. Crawford' before we go exploring, if that's ok."

"Hey Laura, go and check what that noise is." Terrence said to the woman standing beside him. His sister. She was old and worn, but you couldn't tell if you looked at her. She still had her sleek black hair from when she was 20. Now she was 48. Still looked the same too. Laura had nodded, and began adjusting her camo pants and her black shirt, then pulled her hunting rifle out and held it tightly. The sound that Terrence had been referring to was of course the boy at the front gate. Laura looked at the boy, and opened the gate. She talked in her deep southern accent, "Go and see the bearded man right over there. The one who looks like a mountain man. He'll instruct you what to do next, ok?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryker just looked at the woman unsure of what had just happened. She had just opened the gate, just opened it. No questions, no request to have him lay down his weapons, nothing. Ryker almost turned around and left. This place wasn't going to survive it would be lucky if it lasted the week. Then again he thought to himself maybe this was it, a place he could live, and people he could live with. Warily he waked through the gates and over to the bearded man. "The woman at the gate sent me oveer" he said, neutrally his crowbar lowered but readily available.

"Yeah, that's my sister Laura. I'm Terrence. So, what we're going to do is let you meet Mr. Crawford. But not right now, as we got ourselves another group that just got here. So, while we wait for then to get rounded up over here, you can just stay in this area and talk to people, or you can talk to me." Terrence turned to the boy and smiled.

Ryker smiled back at the seemingly good natured man. "So this place is a safe haven for all then?"

Jon took Logan's handshake in a firm grip. "Nice to meet you Logan, might I ask when you got here? Or perhaps when these kids got here, they all seem pretty lost, while you don't." He blinks, "At all."

"Well..." Logan thought for a moment, his memories were a little vague. "I came driving into a town and happened to find these wipper-snappers sprawled out in the open in the street, surrounded! I guess you could say we've been through a lot together." Logan smiled a bit and looked at his group wandering about aimlessly. "I guess my sense o' direction is a bit better then ther's," Logan let out a subtle chuckle.

Jon nods to Logan before turning to Matthew. "Mr. Crawford, hm?" He adjusts the strap of his pack, throwing it higher onto his shoulder. "Might as well go Logan, wouldn't be good to keep the man waiting." Absentmindedly he sets a hand on his hip, frowning slightly as he looks up at Matthew. Slowly, he lazily asks, "Where to?"

Logan lifted up his book but quickly put it away when Lia came calling. "What do'ya kids want? Farmer Logan's ears are all yours."

Aylaela sat on a street corner, quietly gazing at the gates that enclosed her in Crawford. She was amazed to have stumbled over such a protected place, an with so many people! Though she was wary, having been alone for what seemed like such a long time compared to the constant companionship of her previous simple life.

Only having arrived a few days before, the girl found the place foreign. She was still adjusting to the amount of living people milling around in such normal states. Perhaps Aylaela could grow used to going to sleep without a weapon in her hand, but for now she would watch and wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Er... a" Logan paused for a moment, but quickly arose to his feet. "Hey Lia, I don't know if ya' should be hugging other men. I mean my ex-wife got mad at me when I hugged mah' cousin." Logan let out a little laugh and watched her go talk to Jon.

"Where to? Well, I was just rounding up the rest of the group for Terrence. He was taking us to Mr. Crawford. I'm Matthew, by the way." Matthew tapped Logan on the shoulder and indicated towards Terrence. "Hey, that guy is wanting us to follow him to meet Mr. Crawford. I can see the others, but where's Dex?" Matthew waved Neri and Jeff over to the rest of the group.

"Yep, this is a mighty fine safe haven, if you ask me. Haven't encountered anyplace else that's better then old Crawford here. The people here are friendly, the place is safe. Of course, there's this one place I disagree with, but aren't those everywhere?"

Logan looked up to Matt, a questioned look on his face. "Well his lil' girlfriend came and hugged me. Maybe they went through a little breakup, he's probably out ther' cryin' up a lake somewhere. We need the water." Logan went back to reading his book, we shouldn't worry about Dex, he seemed like a capable guy.

Lia went back to Dex and giggled "just hugged logan for savin my a*s...you know... if no one picked me up I would be dead probably"

Ryker nodded and put his crowbar into his back pack. He wanted to ask the man about the other group but noticed a man waving a group over to where he was. "Names Ryker". He'd stay for awhile, who knew this Crawford place might be safer than its apperance made it seem.

Neri was a bit skeptical of this place, something this safe seemed almost too good to be true. She noticed Matthew waving her and Jeff over so she quickened her pace to reach them. "Are you sure we should stay here? I mean, it looks safe and all but..."

"Yeah, Dex should be fine. I hope. We don't need a full shitstorm on our hands." Matthew turned to Neri. "Hey, the place looks great. You're being too pessimistic about it. This could be the place that we need. People are walking dogs, kids are playing happily in the streets. I mean, this is a f**king paradise!" Matthew exclaimed with a smile, then immediately noticed that Lia had gone missing. Are you kidding me? Matthew thought in dismay. She likely went back for Dex. He then noticed the two walking back to the group, along with James. "So, we all set? Terrence is right over there." Matthew began walking over to Terrence, who was now accompanied by another teenager. Terrence turned to Matthew. "If you're wondering who this kid is, it's Ryker. Coincidentally, he just dropped in this town too. Anyways, you all better follow me." Terrence began leading the group towards the school, which was where Mr. Crawford was likely located. Matthew looked at the new kid. "Nice to meet you. I'm Matthew. Ryker's a bit of a strange name." Matthew smiled and continued following Terrence.

Looking up from her seated position, Aylaela watched the large group of newcomers pass by, curiosity sparking though she restrained herself. Only having just arrived a few days past herself, she was not prepared to get attached to anyone here, fearing how flimsy human safety truly was now.

Though the group seemed nice enough, Aylaela denied her all to trusting nature and returned her eyes to the group, watching their progress with a quiet gaze.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back