• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tears: Rebirth

Asriel shrugged. "I don't know!" He said happily before continuing to eat. Okabe snorted and Kurisu chuckled to herself.

"The resemblance WAS uncanny," Okabe said causing Kurisu to laugh some more. Frisk simply smiled.

"I'm sure he's just really excited. It's been awhile since he's been... like this." Frisk said, hoping Amber picked up. "Since he's felt love and happiness like this. I bet it's just a lot." Frisk said. They did find it amusing, and they were just really happy to have Asriel back.

"You bet it is!" Asriel said and hugged Frisk. Chara's soul gem glowed brighter.

Undertale

Amber

full

full
full
full
full

[border]@Assailant

"They don't look that similar..." Amber protested "Aren't you guys goats?" She asked. Well, she supposed they looked kind of similar, but still...[/border]

full
full
3/4
full
full

full
full
full
full

Toriel left the group for a moment with one last tousle of Asriel's head to go wait for his dad, leaving the group at the table. "They do look like what we know as 'goats,' but they don't really like being called it," Frisk said. "I mean, they're used to it and all, but goats are brainless farm animals. So calling them goats is like calling them brainless and backwards," Frisk said. Asriel laughed.

"Wow, way to speak for us, Frisk!" Frisk pretended like they were adjusting their suit that they weren't wearing.

"Well I AM the ambassador of monsters," Frisk said in a somewhat snooty voice which caused Asriel to laugh. "Besides," Frisk added. "You just got compared to the resurrected prince of monsters and God of Hyperdeath. You should be honored," Frisk said. Their tone made it clear they were joking. Asriel groaned.

"It was ONE TIME!" He said. Frisk booped him.

"Not for meeee" They said in a sing-song voice. Despite how talking about these things once would have emotionally hurt them, they now laughed it off. Okabe smiled and sighed.

"Children will be children I suppose."

Undertale

Amber

full

full
full
full
full

[border]@Assailant

Amber giggled a bit at this interaction "Oh my. You seem to have misunderstood me - Goats are one of the many residents of Armello. The four clans are simply the most prestigious of the races." She explained "Goats where I come from are actually rather intelligent. If a bit rash."[/border]

full
full
3/4
full
full

full
full
full
full

"Oh?" Frisk said. "Then yes, you're exactly right?"

"What? We're not rash!" Frisk considered making a joke, but then realized how incredibly distasteful and horrible it was, especially at a time like this, and decided not to do it.

"Sure you aren't," they simply responded sarcastically. Asriel pouted.

"I swear, I WILL rainbow you," he said with all seriousness which caused Frisk to laugh which in turn prompted Asriel to laugh.

"They're going to need a lot of sleep," Kurisu said. "They must be exhausted."

Undertale

Amber

full

full
full
full
full

[border]@Assailant

"I imagine rainbows can be quite deadly, huh?" Amber replied, laughing along with them.[/border]

full
full
3/4
full
full

full
full
full
full

"Of course!" Asriel said. "Rainbows and stars!"

"Unless I refuse," Frisk said. The two laughed.

"That was the gladdest I've ever been that someone cheated against me." Asriel said. Frisk grinned.

"Cheating? Why whatever do you mean?" Asriel rolled his eyes.

"I tore reality itself apart and you just shrugged it off. How is that NOT cheating?" Asriel said. He sounded almost angry, but his laughter betrayed his true feelings.

"DETERMINATION!" Frisk yelled, jumping out of their seat. Asriel grinned and put his hands out, shooting rainbows from behind Frisk so that it looked like Frisk was triumphantly yelling with their hand raised in glory to a backdrop of sparkling rainbows.

Frisk felt like a badass.

Undertale

Amber

full

full
full
full
full

[border]@Assailant

Amber giggled a bit and applauded the two's performance "That sounds like a fascinating story. So DETERMINATION can be used for more than just turning back time?"[/border]

full
full
3/4
full
full

full
full
full
full

While Amber giggled, Okabe and Kurisu were in awe of the magic they had seen, which everyone else seemed to take so nonchalantly. They'd seen birds of darkness and symbiotic psychopaths, but they'd yet to see real magic. Well, there was that time Toriel healed them, but that was it.

"Mmhmm!" Frisk responded, plopping into their seat. "Monster souls, which don't have DETERMINATION, shatter instantly upon death. But the human soul's DETERMINATION allows the soul to survive after death. Not forever, but for awhile. A huge amount of DETERMINATION can let you rewind the clock, which only a few people have ever been able to do. An extreme amount can prevent you from dying at all.

"Frisk's the only known case of that," Asriel said. "I couldn't kill them no matter how hard I tried! I blasted them to near oblivion, and his DETERMINATION prevented their SOUL from even fracturing!"

Undertale

Amber

full

full
full
full
full

[border]@Assailant

"Fascinating..." Amber replied, genuinely impressed by this concept "I wish the Wyld let us Armellans do things that powerful."[/border]

full
full
3/4
full
full

full
full
full
full

Frisk nodded and got an idea. Frisk touched their chest and closed their eyes for a moment before moving their hand out to Amber. Now, floating atop it, was a red, glowing heart. "This is my SOUL. The SOUL of DETERMINATION!" They said. "I think it's pretty."

Undertale

Amber

full

full
full
full
full

[border]@Assailant

Amber watched the heart with great interest "Wow... Really? That's amazing..." She said, a gleam in her eye as she watched it float above Frisk's hand.[/border]

full
full
3/4
full
full

full
full
full
full

Asriel jutted his hands out, pretending to grab the heart while Frisk screamed and fell over in a panic, shoving the SOUL inside them and breathing heavily. Asriel laughed at his joke, only to see the expression on Frisk's face and his own face fell.

"Sorry Frisk..."

"Do you know what could have happened if I'd messed it and acted badly?" Frisk said. They weren't angry, but the fear in their voice was evident. Asriel nodded solemnly.

Frisk pointed at Okabe and Kurisu. "They should be fine to touch it. You, I'm not sure. That depends on how SOULs work in your universe. If you were from mine, then no you couldn't because you would be a monster. Asriel for sure can't." Asriel nodded whilst Frisk continued. "Because of the difference between monster and human souls, they are cross compatible. A human never absorbs a monster's SOUL, because theirs breaks immediately on death. Monsters, however, can absorb a human's SOUL because theirs lasts after death. If a monster does this, they become immensely powerful. Asriel became God and destroyed reality and killed the underground after absorbing seven human SOULs, or what equals one." Asriel, this time, looked down ashamed. Frisk sighed. "Hey, cheer up!" They kissed Asriel on the cheek, which resulted in him blushing immensely and Frisk laughing and smiling.

Undertale

Amber

full

full
full
full
full

[border]@Assailant

"Well, I have to admit, I'm no expert on Armellan souls..." Amber replied "You would have to ask someone from the Bear Clan for that, I believe... They're the ones whose spirits are most in-tune with the Wyld, they would probably know." She told them "I wonder if Sana would know..."[/border]

full
full
3/4
full
full

full
full
full
full

Asriel and Frisk leaned in. "Who's this 'Sana?' I think you've mentioned them before," Frisk said. Asriel nodded. It may be their evening together, but it was never the wrong time to make a good impression. Asriel had a lot to make up for, so he might as well start by becoming friends with Amber. Besides, who WOULDN'T be interested in another universe?

Undertale

Amber

full

full
full
full
full

[border]@Assailant

"Sana's one of the most respected sages in the Bear Clan." Amber explained "She has even been able to predict the future at times, though it's rarely ever actually happened. She knows more about the Wyld and its doings than anyone else in Armello, I believe. Her knowledge is also why she's one of the candidates for the throne from the Bear Clan."[/border]

full
full
3/4
full
full

full
full
full
full

"Hmm," Frisk hummed in interest. Asriel clicked thoughtfully.

"Is the Wyld like magic that exists in everyone?" Asriel said before gasping. "Like the Force?!" They said, starry eyed (not because of their magic, mind you.)

Undertale

Amber

full

full
full
full
full

[border]@Assailant

"I suppose you could describe it that way, yes." Amber replied "The Wyld is the magical force that governs our world. It is a force of light and life. Many Armellans, including myself, are able to use its power to cast spells. We can only cast a certain amount, though, before we are unable to connect to the Wyld anymore. This magic power is restored to us upon the sun setting."[/border]

full
full
3/4
full
full

full
full
full
full

Asriel smiled. "That's cool! For us, magic is based on our emotions. The stronger our emotions, the more powerful our magic!" Asriel raised his hand triumphantly and focused. Soon, stars began to shoot out and fly around the room, glistening and shimmering as they flew between everyone. Rainbows followed in their wake and waved in the air, brightening the very air around them. Soon the display ceased. Frisk clapped excitedly as Asriel grinned, though he seemed a bit tired. "F-Frisk! That was my strongest magic yet!" Frisk opened their mouth before Asriel continued. "WITHOUT the possession of human SOULs." Frisk closed their mouth and high-fived Asriel.

Undertale

Amber

full

full
full
full
full

[border]@Assailant

"That's pretty impressive." Amber said, after having watched Asriel's display "You know, before today I had never even heard of magic that didn't tap into the Wyld's power. The only kind I know of that is separate from the Wyld would be the power of the Rot."[/border]

full
full
3/4
full
full

full
full
full
full

"The Rot..." Frisk said, thinking about that. They recalled that term being used before.

"Wasn't that the thing that... um... Bane had?" Asriel said. The whole time, Okabe and Kurisu simply took it in. As magic didn't exist in their universe, they were simply awestruck by all of the casual discussion of it. Asriel's display practically put them into shock.

Undertale

Amber

full

full
full
full
full

[border]@Assailant

Amber nodded in response "Yes. The Banes are creatures made up of pure Rot, usually created by its power condensing in a dungeon. Though there have been recorded cases of Armellans being able to create Banes as well."[/border]

full
full
3/4
full
full

full
full
full
full

Users who are viewing this thread

Back