• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tears: Rebirth

Okabe Rintarou

Universe: Undertale

Near: Frisk, Amber

Frisk

Near: Okabe Rintarou, Amber

"Chara doesn't have her knife, so there's no reason why it shouldn't be," Frisk said. "I don't think I could break out of here right now, so I don't think Chara could. Besides, worst comes to worst, Okabe has his gun."

"I'd rather it didn't come to that."

"It shouldn't. I don't think Chara could get out."

Ye of little faith. Nonetheless, I am surprised you are standing up for me.

You've been trapped in my body for so long. Now you have no chance to hurt anyone or anything, so I feel it'd be nice to let you out.

Undertale

Amber

full

full
full
full
full

[border]@Assailant

That sounded convincing enough, to her. Amber nodded in response "Okay... Let's go for it. We could get much better insight from Chara themself, it certainly couldn't hurt to talk to them for a while."[/border]

full
full
4/4
full
full

full
full
full
full

Okabe Rintarou

Frisk Chara

Okabe sighed and nodded. "Okay, fine, majority rules I suppose." Frisk waved goodbye to them and closed their eyes. About three minutes later, they opened their eyes which were now red.

"Greetings. Apologies for making you wait, that took us a tad longer than anticipated" She looked around and saw Alphys. "Doctor Alphys, hello. How's bringing my brother back from the dead to live a ceaseless life of soulless torture working for you?" Alphys gasped and covered her mouth before looking down.

"I...- I didn't mean it." She said under her breath. Chara smiled and looked at Okabe.

"Okabe, greetings. Tell me, how does it feel to be dead weight to a group when a child is on the team?" Okabe grit his teeth. "You seem to be the oldest one here, granted I am unaware of Amber's age, and yet they are the ones always having to protect you. This, of course, excepting the one time where you had to rely on Alphys's invention, and still Frisk was knocked unconscious, Amber was severely wounded, and you failed to even beat the villain. You just dropped him somewhere to wreak havoc on another poor, unsuspecting universe." Okabe slammed the window in anger. "Frisk managed to make most people happy in their timeline, Okabe. How do all of Mayuri's corpses look in your dreams?" Okabe lowered his head and closed his eyes, his strength, sapped. Chara turned to Amber.

"Dear, Dear Amber. How I have been WAITING to talk to you. Most of all, you've been what's excited me." Okabe and Alphys looked at the ground in despair, reminded of their shortcomings and failures. Chara leaned in. "I may not be able to cut you with a blade, but I have a sharp enough tongue to do the trick. Where do your insecurities lie, Ms. Amber?"

Undertale

Amber

full

full
full
full
full

[border]@Assailant

Oh boy. This was going to be difficult, Amber realized. She maintained her composure, channeling the spirit of her friend River to help her keep her cool. Well, metaphorically. How she wished Sana were here, if she wished to do so literally. One thing struck her as odd, though, and she wanted to know "Hello, Chara. Before we get to the point, I'm curious. I can guess how you know where to strike Alphys, but where did you find that information about Okabe? As far as I'm aware, we have not been informed of this 'Mayuri' previously. So how did you know about that?"[/border]

full
full
4/4
full
full

full
full
full
full

LegoLad659 said:
Undertale
Amber

full

full
full
full
full

[border]@Assailant

Oh boy. This was going to be difficult, Amber realized. She maintained her composure, channeling the spirit of her friend River to help her keep her cool. Well, metaphorically. How she wished Sana were here, if she wished to do so literally. One thing struck her as odd, though, and she wanted to know "Hello, Chara. Before we get to the point, I'm curious. I can guess how you know where to strike Alphys, but where did you find that information about Okabe? As far as I'm aware, we have not been informed of this 'Mayuri' previously. So how did you know about that?"[/border]

full
full
4/4
full
full

full
full
full
full

Okabe Rintarou

Frisk Chara

Chara grinned as she kept her composure "Oh, you are going to be fun, aren't you. That's wonderful. As for Mayuri, it was simple. Okabe mentioned he'd looped to save a friend, similar to Frisk. He never outright said Mayuri, but he did mention her at one point. He seemed much more emotionally attached to Mayuri. His voice was more serene, and his eyes had that glint to them you get when you think about someone you care about. The only person I've seen him show a similar level of compassion for was Kurisu. He's never mentioned any other friends, so clearly they've never been relevant. Kurisu is also aware of the time travel, but she never seemed to show any signs that it was her that he saved. Therefore, I induced it must be Mayuri. Simple."

Undertale

Amber

full

full
full
full
full

[border]@Assailant

"I see. That makes sense." Amber replied, looking Chara in the eyes. There they were again. This was, for sure, the same entity that Frisk had displayed earlier. There was no doubt in her mind "So, Chara... Where to start? I suppose we could start by asking what purpose you intend to fulfill now that you've been brought back to life?"[/border]

full
full
4/4
full
full

full
full
full
full

Okabe Rintarou

Frisk Chara

"What purpose? An interesting question. I suppose that depends on the mood you catch me in." She sat and thought for a few moments. "I have nothing yet, I suppose. This body is still Frisk's. I have minor control. There is no reason for me to gain ambitions. Not yet.

Undertale

Amber

full

full
full
full
full

[border]@Assailant

Amber nodded in response "Understandable. Could you explain to me what you know about your bonding with Frisk's body?"[/border]

full
full
4/4
full
full

full
full
full
full

Okabe Rintarou

Frisk Chara

Chara groaned. "Didn't you listen to Frisk? Everything they said is the culmination of both of our thoughts. In reality, I'm just as, if not more, clueless than they are in that matter. One moment I was disintegrating with Asriel, the next I was inside a dumb kid. No idea why. For someone playing scientist, you really aren't that observant."

Undertale

Amber

full

full
full
full
full

[border]@Assailant

"Alright, that's fine. I was just curious to know if there was anything you knew that Frisk didn't." Amber clarified "So, do you always show such contempt for everyone you meet? Have you always been like that?"[/border]

full
full
4/4
full
full

full
full
full
full

Okabe Rintarou

Frisk Chara

Chara frowned. So that didn't get under her fur, huh? No matter. I did not expect it to. "No, I suppose not always... but it has been a VERY long time since then."

Undertale

Amber

full

full
full
full
full

[border]@Assailant

Amber tilted her head at this "Oh, really? What were you like before?" She asked, mostly out of curiosity.[/border]

full
full
4/4
full
full

full
full
full
full

Okabe Rintarou

Frisk Chara

Chara frowned. "Naive, like the rest of you," She said simply.

Undertale

Amber

full

full
full
full
full

[border]@Assailant

"I like to think of myself as more cheerful than anything." Amber said "Or proud. Anything but naive, since I don't believe you've been told this yet, but before I started adventuring I was actually studying Armellan lore and politics in preparation for maybe obtaining the throne. But I found I enjoy adventuring better. Sure, the throne would be nice, but I could think of more capable people to have it. Such as our current King, for example. Either way, I'm no innocent child, like you make me out to be."[/border]

full
full
4/4
full
full

full
full
full
full

Okabe Rintarou

Frisk Chara

Chara thought for a bit and smiled. "That's right, isn't it? You're a murderer. A killer. Like me. You understand that the law of the universe is kill or be killed. That bloodlust, you have it too, even if you don't know it. You and I, we're the same."

Undertale

Amber

full

full
full
full
full

[border]@Assailant

"I don't doubt that, on some level, you may be correct. However, the difference is that I know I'm not strong enough to do so, and I only do so in self-defense." Amber informed Chara "And let's be honest, if I became wanted for murdering people, especially seeing how my clan harbors some of the highest trust our King has... Well, he would certainly have me hanged for such an atrocity. Not even a question about it. And I couldn't run from him either, his soldiers are stationed all over Armello. So not only do I not kill if I can, but it would also be rather idiotic of me to. The King would not stand for it."[/border]

full
full
4/4
full
full

full
full
full
full

Okabe Rintarou

Frisk Chara

Chara chuckled. "But that's what makes it fun, isn't it? You said you're an adventurer, so you should understand risk/reward. Besides, I suppose being unable to die certainly helps my case. But you've never felt it before? That perverted curiosity, that wonder of what would happen? It's so alluring, isn't it? Of course you've felt it. You're an adventurer from a turbulent kingdom with creatures of darkness, which you slay regularly. You actively seek out these monsters to kill them. You cannot call yourself better than me."

Undertale

Amber

full

full
full
full
full

[border]@Assailant

"Yes, I do understand how risk/reward works. That is what I just explained to you." Amber replied "And if I were to be completely honest, no, I have not wondered that. I do not like killing people, I never have. The difference between Armellans and the Banes is simple; The latter lacks a soul of any description. They are born of pure Rot, and live to spread it. That is their whole purpose, their sole mission. All Armellans hunt them down because, if even one were to be left alive, it would not show us the same mercy. It would simply continue to spread its Rot to all of Armello. And then where would we be?"[/border]

full
full
4/4
full
full

full
full
full
full

Okabe Rintarou

Frisk Chara

Chara shook their head. "You can not tell me you've never felt it before. Even Frisk has felt it. Every living being has. Frisk, of course, wouldn't go near it, but they've still felt it." Chara sat back and tapped her finger. "Let's say, hypothetically for a moment, that the Bane took over. That they spread and began wiping out all the Armellans. What would you do as they slaughtered your people? You would fight them with intent to kill. What would they think, as they watched you kill them? 'if even one Armellan were to be left alive, it would not show us mercy.' That is the nature of conflict: to fight and kill. And who are you to decide what constitutes a soul? You are comparing your knowledge to the divine, which we both know isn't true. So I ask again: what makes you better than me?"

Undertale

Amber

full

full
full
full
full

[border]@Assailant

"I do not kill simply for the sake of killing." Was Amber's simple response.[/border]

full
full
4/4
full
full

full
full
full
full

Okabe Rintarou

Frisk Chara

"But neither do I. This world is kill or be killed. You either kill, or you die. If I kill everyone else, I cannot BE killed. It is rather simple, and is what you have been doing for the longest time. You simply hide behind a facade of nobility."

Undertale

Amber

full

full
full
full
full

[border]@Assailant

"At least I have the decency not to kill those who have no intention of harming me. Can you say the same for yourself?"[/border]

full
full
4/4
full
full

full
full
full
full

LegoLad659 said:
Undertale
Amber

full

full
full
full
full

[border]@Assailant

"At least I have the decency not to kill those who have no intention of harming me. Can you say the same for yourself?"[/border]

full
full
4/4
full
full

full
full
full
full

Chara tsks. "That is why you are naive. Everyone will harm you one day or another. The world is nothing but pain, and the only way to beat that is to cause pain yourself. Everyone will contribute to you destruction, unless you contribute to theirs first. No one TRULY cares about anyone else. It's all self interest, and the moment that goes away you are dead weight ready to be cut. Learn that, fool, and you win."

Undertale

Amber

full

full
full
full
full

[border]@Assailant

"That's an interesting way of looking at the world. Perhaps you are the naive one, in a special kind of way? Seeing the world in such a simple way... It sounds to me like you're simply trying to weakly justify your wanton destruction."[/border]

full
full
4/4
full
full

full
full
full
full

LegoLad659 said:
Undertale
Amber

full

full
full
full
full

[border]@Assailant

"That's an interesting way of looking at the world. Perhaps you are the naive one, in a special kind of way? Seeing the world in such a simple way... It sounds to me like you're simply trying to weakly justify your wanton destruction."[/border]

full
full
4/4
full
full

full
full
full
full

"Or perhaps you are simply trying to justify YOUR wanton destruction," Chara said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back