• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tale of Two Survivors { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Alexander Brennan and Kaleb Price
Former Seraphite, Former FEDRA officer | 19, 27 | Current location ;; Montana

Alex smiled as he took Nate's hand. "I think we have two cans of each." Alex said. He looked over at Kaleb and Carlos with a smile. "This is the best canned food I've ever had, you'll love it." He said happily. Alex was definitely enjoying this morning much more than yesterday. Kaleb looked at them curiously. "You found ravioli and spaghetti?" He asked. It was such an oddity to find something other than beans that Kaleb was definitely impressed. "I can't wait to try it." Kaleb said with a smile. "What about you love?" He asked Carlos.

Nathaniel Matthews and Carlos Da Silva
Former Firefly, Aspiring Artist | 21, 25 | Current location ;; Montana

Nate grabbed a can of each, the knife, and the spoons, and walked over to the bed towing Alex with him. “What do you say we splurge? A little bit of everything for this family breakfast?” He put both cans on the tv stand in front of the beds and opened up the first. “Ravioli.” He turned and handed it to Carlos. He opened the second and handed it to Kaleb. “Spaghetti.” He handed each of them and Alex a spoon. “The spaghetti may be a bit difficult with a spoon but hey we do what we can. When we find suitable forks, our lives will be golden." So, tell me what you think about not beans.

Alex followed Nate, his eyes trained on the can of ravioli. It was his favorite and he was definitely going to grab one of those. He took the spoon gratefully from Nate. "I think this is a great idea" Alex said with a smile, snagging a ravioli from the can in Carlos' hand. He had missed the wonderful taste of the ravioli. Kaleb took the spoon and looked at the spaghetti. He took a spoonful, while as best he could, and tried it. "This is delicious, much much better than beans. Love, I think we need to keep these two with us" Kaleb laughed, looking at Carlos.

Carlos had already downed some of the ravioli and was stealing a spoonful of spaghetti. With his mouth full, he nodded. “Yep, it’s confirmed. We are adopting them as part of the family. It’s official. Bring the ravioli and spaghetti with you.” He had never had something so good as this. First there were the rations of the QZ and then mostly beans. This was significantly better. “Have you guys been holding out on us this whole time?”

Nate laughed as he took from the spaghetti. The ravioli was better, but he liked this a lot too. “Well, I was going through a crisis. I’m feeling better now.” He nudged Alex with his shoulder. Not everything is so black and white. We can live in gray sometimes too. And also orange? Both of these are very orange?” Sure. He didn’t care because it tasted great. They should portion better. He didn’t want to though. He wanted to share. He wanted them to start today off well unlike the day before. No wandering off in turmoil to being attacked by wall friends this time.

Kaleb laughed as he watched Carlos steal some of the spaghetti. Should they portion this? Yeah, but sometimes you have to just share and eat. "I agree. Welcome to the family, now just make sure to keep this food around" Kaleb laughed. Today was already going significantly better than yesterday. If they can make it to the park today, through there and out of the city, then perhaps they can find this farmhouse dream in Washington.

Alex smiled as he felt the nudge from Nate. He took another ravioli before Carlos could eat them all. "I'm glad you're feeling better." Alex said quietly. He had missed this. Just the closeness of Nate and was enjoying the extra company. Their new little family. He like the others knew they should portion, ration this food, but today was a good day, and it was going to get better. Alex was looking forward to getting to the park, he ran a hand down his leg, it felt much better this morning and he should be fine to climb as long as he's careful.

Nate ate a few more bites before just sitting and watching the rest of them enjoy their food. If every morning could be like this, maybe the world could get even better. And it was mornings like this that made that mission of finding some once upon a time fireflies who were going to save the world feel a little less important. That was the goal of someone desperate. Someone alone. He wasn’t either of those now. It was just happy.

Carlos was happy to eat all of it. His big body wanted all of the food. He should share. He was sharing but they were going to have to keep up if they were going to get any more, because this was great. This was exactly what he needed to move on from the night before even though the night with them really wasn’t so bad. Learning about his people. His people. That was so good. “Okay, so whose job is it to keep finding us this delicious food? Because Kaleb, I love you more than anything in this world, but you only ever find us beans.”

Alex stole a few more bites before he wiped his spoon clean and handed it over to Nate. He looked over at the other two before he scooted himself to sit beside Nate, their shoulders brushing. His head turned to Carlos when he asked who was in charge of getting the food. “I found those cans. I guess I can try to find more.” Alex said with a small laugh.

Kaleb looked at Carlos with a fake hurt expression. “It’s not my fault no one thought to bring their beans when they left.” He said with a chuckle. “And Alex, I hope you realize that we are going to need all the good stuff.” He added with a small laugh.

At Alex’s touch, Nate relaxed. His arm melted into it. His gaze slid through the air until it settled on Alex. He loved his laugh. He loved the way it moved his face. He loved the ripples in his skin as he talked. He wanted to reach out and touch that skin. He wanted to run fingertips over scars that told the story or Alex. He wanted to kiss those scars.

“Hey!” The concentrated yet small sting of spoon smacking into him pulled him out of his thoughts and back to the moment at present. Carlos leaned towards him. Spoon out like he might attack again. “And you say I’m the lover boy,” he joked. He presented the spoon to him like an offering. When Nate took it, a little dazed but clear on the fact that it was his job to clean up after them, Carlos looked back at Kaleb to answer, “My love, light of my life, and partner of mine, I forgive you for your terrible canned food tracking skills.” He brought his now free hand to his love’s face and turned it so that he could kiss him. Nate thought they looked so sweet together, which was not at all the same as he felt when Carlos was kissing Alex. This kind of kiss almost felt like an intrusion. It also made him wonder just how much a kiss like that would feel. His single one from Carlos was alarming but silly. It wasn’t something like this. It wasn’t a show of true affection. He wondered, maybe, just how it would be to kiss Alex like that.

Before he got attacked again for being stuck in his thoughts, he took spoons to wipe down and put back in the packs and began to replace the cans into backpacks as well.

Alex could feel Nate relax, it was subtle but he could feel it. It felt like comfort, like peace. Alex jumped a little at the sudden word from Nate when he looked over to see Carlos holding his spoon like he'd hit Nate with it. He relaxed again when he saw Carlos hand Nate the spoon, and then he smiled as he looked over at Carlos and Kaleb, watching them. It was sweet to see them together like that. His thoughts then turned to Nate, just what would it feel like to kiss him? He knew how it felt to kiss Carlos and it was nice, but he wasn't Nate. More than once lately during their hugs, Alex has been tempted to kiss Nate just to see if it would be as nice or nicer than kissing Carlos. Alex shifted as Nate proceeded to clean the spoons and repack them and the cans.

Kaleb smiled and chuckled at little at Carlos. "I appreciate the forgiveness my love" He told him, looking at him when he felt Carlos' free hand on his face to turn him. Kaleb felt Carlos kiss him and like always he gave back into it, kissing him back. It was familiar, it was sweet, and for a moment it was just the two of them. Him and his artist.

Last edited:

Nate finished packing, making sure they didn’t forget anything after the craziness of the night before. He would hate to end up leaving some of those medical supplies and then be without for another serious injury. As he finished, he looked and smiled at Carlos and Kaleb. How could he ever have been jealous of that? That just wasn’t the same. Now that he really thought about it, he could almost taste the difference. The way Carlos kissed him on the stairs was also the way he kissed Alex in the game. He wondered how exactly Carlos kissed Alex when it was gentler and he was asking for his stairwell toll. Kisses of fascination versus kisses of unadulterated love. It was a strange thought process, but one he couldn’t help following. In the end, Nate had never actually kissed anyone when it wasn’t his mama’s cheek.

He leaned over to Alex as he finished and whispered, “Do you feel like we’re intruding on something too?” He held a little laugh close to him so as not to interrupt with sudden and loud noises.

Alex looked at Nate as he watched him finish packing everything up. His head moved to look at Kaleb and Carlos. An unfamiliar clench in his chest arose, not from jealousy but from wanting that. To kiss someone with such love. It was obvious the difference between the kiss that Carlos had given him versus the one he was giving Kaleb. He couldn’t help but wonder just what it would be like again, to kiss Nate that way. He shook his thoughts away when he caught Nate leaning over to him. “Maybe a little bit.” Alex said, a small quiet laugh escaping.

Nate held back a laugh as he considered what to do. He didn’t want to take this moment from them, because who knew how many moments they were going to be able to get. So he had an idea. He rested his head on Alex’s and suggested, “why don’t we give them a moment and we go scout out the hotel and maybe the immediate surroundings. If the hunters knew we didn’t run into the park, they may be looking for us around here. I don’t want to be caught off guard. As long as we’re together, we’ll be okay.”

Alex felt Nate rest his head on him. He knew that was the right idea. How many moments are they going to get? Everyday was a battle for survival and it was only fair to let them have it. “That’s a good idea. I’d rather not be ambushed or surprised by hunters.” Alex agreed. He slowly stood up and held his hand out for Nate. “Shall we?” He asked.

Nate took Alex’s hand, smiled, and stood as well. He nodded, picked up his pack, and headed to the door. Wondering if they should tell them where they were going, he debated a moment before finally saying, “Well be right back. Just gonna scout. Don’t hurry after us.” He bit at the laugh that was creeping up inside him and opened the door to peer outside while he waited for Alex. Seemed clear.

Alex put his pack and his bow on, hand in Nate’s. Alex followed Nate, head turned back when he told the two they’d be scouting and Kaleb waved but didn’t move from Carlos. Alex followed behind a Nate, stepping out into the hallway, shutting the door behind them. “That was a little awkward.” Alex laughed walking down the hall, looking around.

Nate kept silent until they closed the door and were several feet ahead. He looked back to make sure that the door was still closed, and they weren’t about to be followed, which they most certainly did not look like they would be, and then let out a choked laugh he could only barely stifle. “You are not wrong.” He swung their hands as he looked down the hall. He had not been paying super close attention the evening before, so he was not sure if anything looked different, but it all seemed pretty tame. The doors were mostly closed. Some were open. He peered inside open rooms. Some looked normal and some looked like they were absolutely in shambles. No signs of infected which was good. If there were any, they were probably in some of the closed rooms. “I had no idea that inviting them to live with us would get us into some…. Intimate territory.” He laughed.

Alex chuckled softly. “Yes, definitely wasn’t expecting that to happen.” He said, looking at the empty rooms. At the end of the hall, the lobby was up front and another hall to their right. “Let’s scout these rooms down here, the lobby seems empty.” Alex suggested, turning them down a hallway that wasn’t the best in shape but not covered in the fungal infection. Alex stopped at the first room, listened to the door before pushing it open. It wasn’t in great shape but it seemed clear. Alex took a few steps in, paused and listened before taking a few more. Empty. “This one’s clear.” He said softly.

Nate did not leave Alex’s side. Unlike Carlos and Kaleb who seemed content to split every now and then, Nate was not okay with being any more than five feet apart. He followed Alex to the empty room, peering inside. After they cleared that room, since Nate was closer to the door, he moved down the hall to the next door. He listened then shook his head. He tested the doorknob and felt it unlocked. He pushed it open and peered inside. No one. He took a few steps in just to make sure. “Clear.” He was just about to turn and leave when something caught his eye. He moved into the room and looked around the corner. Ah. There was a very dead person. He nodded and back up and into the hall.

Alex knew Nate would not move from his side and Alex was quite okay with that. In fact, he preferred it. Alex followed Nate from the room and peered into the one he’d just opened. Alex did not see anything and where he was the one closer to the door, he made his way to the next room. He checked the door, locked. Listened inside. Click click Absolutely not opening that door. Alex looked at Nate and shook his head. He placed a finger over his lip then pointed at the door. Clicker. He moved onto the next room, unlocked and peered in. Alex didn’t see anything, nor did he hear anything. He took a few steps in and heard shambling behind him. That shambling turned into a screech and Alex whirled around, bow out, backing up towards the door to try and give him space to shoot the runner headed right for him. “Watch out!” He managed to get out as he moved backwards to the hall.

Nate followed after Alex wondering how the man in the other room died. He might have stayed longer to see if he had not been with Alex, but he also knew that they only had so long to figure it out. At the next room, Alex shook his head. One of them in there? He listened. The tell tale clicking sounds. Ah. Okay, not going in there. He stayed close behind as Alex moved through the next door. Nate made it a whole step inside when the screeching broke his concentration. As Alex moved quickly to the hall, it did not feel quick enough. The bow was a longer range weapon. He could not lost Alex. He ducked out of Alex’s way, crouched low so that he could make a stupid decision to ram himself forward, tumbling into the legs of the runner. Thank the universe for whoever created backpacks, because the runner tumbled down and tried to clamber onto his back. He did not even try to scramble away and instead rolled until he was on his side, knocking the runner over, and stabbed into his head. Be at peace. He moved quickly to the side, crouched low and scanning everywhere around him. Anymore? If he focused on listening, he could hear the clicks from next door. At least there was no way for that to get to them without them letting it out. He moved back to the hall and at Alex’s side. “Are you okay?” he whispered.

Alex had made it to the hall when Nate ducked out of his way and ran into the runner. Alex watched, his eyes wide as he watched Nate roll, runner on his back. A moment later and the runner was dead, and he watched Nate look around. When Nate moved to his side and asked if he was okay, Alex was too busy checking for bites. “I’m fine, it didn’t bite you did it?” Alex asked worried. His eyes looking all over to see if there was any marks. He’d gotten back quick enough to avoid any bites or scratches.

Nate shook his head. “I’m fine. No bites. I promise.” He took Alex’s hand and squeezed it before he moved down the hall. There were only a few more rooms before turning a corner. He pulled away his hand and moved to the next room. Locked. He turned to the other side of the hall. Also locked. Well, that was just lovely. He moved to the last room of before the turn. As he moved to the door, he could not help but peer down and shook his head fervently. It was like a whole new world down there. It was overgrown with fungus, the walls were peeling and falling apart, and overall it looked absolutely like where they went to die. He back up so that he was not in the line of sight of anything that may be roaming and moved in close to Alex. “I think that way isn’t going to be any fun.”

Alex nodded. “Okay.” He said softly. He followed Nate as he checked the next two rooms. They were both locked as Nate moved past them. Alex followed him until he saw Nate shake his head and back up. That made Alex look and he saw just what Nate had. “I really don’t think I wanna go that way.” Alex said. “Maybe we should go back to the lobby.” He added, taking a step back.

Nate fully-heartedly agreed. “That way is not for us,” he said with a smile that he kept, because he could only imagine what was down that way. Back to the lobby it was. “Do we want to look around the hotel? See what’s going on around us before we try to leave? We can be sneaky scouts before we try to move Carlos and his injured shoulder?” He was not sure they could do a whole lot like take a large group out on their own necessarily, but they could figure out if anyone was there and formulate a plan possibly.

Alex nodded, turning away from that mess. “With his injured shoulder it would probably make sense to do that. I’d rather have a plan in place if we need it” Alex said. He wasn’t sure what they’d find but he knew that they should have a plan in case the hunters were watching the hotel. Alex took Nate’s hand and headed toward the lobby. His leg was feeling much better today and he had only a very slight limp

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back