• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tale of Two Survivors { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Nathaniel Matthews and Carlos Da Silva
Former Firefly, Aspiring Artist | 21, 25 | Current location ;; Montana

Nate watched Alex work like he watched him climb trees and shoot his bow. Sure it may not have been perfect or beautiful but he could still do it. “Will wonders never cease? Why do you even keep me around when you are beyond capable yourself?” He packed up the supplies and put them back in the pack. “This is why Carlos likes you so much.”
“He’s not wrong,” Carlos added.
Nate pulled his legs back, waving off the dried blood on the pants. “If we ever get that farmhouse, I can clean that.” He laughed as he moved himself closer to Alex. “But until then, it’s my turn for a hug since I couldn’t earlier.” He leaned forward and wrapped his arms around this man who did so much even when he could do so little. “You’re my favorite,” he said softly. It wasn’t a whisper. Everyone could hear but he doubted anyone would be shocked.

Alexander Brennan and Kaleb Price
Former Seraphite, Former FEDRA officer | 19, 27 | Current location ;; Montana

Alex blushed as he listened to Nate. He may be able to do things like that but he didn't want to. He did it because he couldn't stand his Nate being hurt. So he did what he had to. "I keep you around for the company." Alex said with a chuckle. His eyes darted to Carlos and smiled softly. "I just did what I had to" Alex said simply, shrugging his shoulders. He watched as Nate pulled his legs back, not worrying about the dried blood. "Okay, I guess that's fine" He said with a smile. Alex watched as Nate moved closer, and then wrapped Alex up in a hug. He hugged Nate back, holding onto the man as tight as he could. Grounding. Nate was his grounder. Holding him close, having him safe in his arms. "Don't tell Carlos, but you're my favorite too" Alex said back just as softly, even though he knew that the man could probably hear him anyway.

Carlos gasped and extricated his head from where he shoved it but didn’t move much more than that. “After everything we’ve been through? Haven’t I awakened something in you that makes you intrinsically tied to me for the rest of days?” He was better at hiding the laughs than Nate, but with his current weariness, the laughs struggled to hide.

Still deep in their hug, Nate shook his head. “Not everything is for you. Some things are for me.” He pulled him self up to kiss the top of Alex’s head. To kiss his cheek. To run his nose over Alex’s for just a moment. Because this was a moment for them even if they shared it with two other people. Maybe that was how it could be from now on. They could be four. Maybe they really could bring them to that farmhouse. If it was big enough, it would be great. The more the merrier. He loved having people. He loved having Alex.

Alex laughed at Carlos’ reaction. He enjoyed the man’s company but Alex was Nate’s and that was how it was meant to be. He was very much enjoying the hug, a soft blush on his cheeks from Nate’s comment. Yes. That was true. Alex felt Nate pull himself up and then he felt the kiss on his head, the kiss on his cheek and the rub of his nose on Alex’s. He was content to stay where he was. Until he yawned. Apparently the events of the day had taken out more of Alex than he’d thought. All he wanted now was to lay down on one of those soft beds, wrapped up in Nate’s arms and rest.

Kaleb laughed, looking at Carlos who’d lifted his head to talk to Alex. He could listen to Carlos talk all day, and usually he did. Kaleb looked over at Alex and Nate. They were back as one unit again, much like Kaleb and Carlos. And then he caught the yawn. “Love, let’s move this party to the other bed. I think we’ve all deserved a good rest.” Kaleb suggested.

Carlos sighed. “But what if I want a four person party? One big cuddle.” He threw out his arms and beckoned for the other two. “We have plenty of space if we all lay on top of each other. Dog pile.” He laughed as he looked down at the beds. “Do you think I could move these? If we are worried about fitting on this thing even with cuddles. I could move it-“
“Carlos, you were literally just shot,” Nate interrupted as he kissed Nate’s other cheek and very slowly stood, his hand in Alex’s. “You are not moving these things. We don’t have to-“
“Both mattresses on the floor?” Carlos asked with a chuckle even though he was already moving like Kaleb suggested. “Then we can still sprawl but all be together.”

Alex smiled as Nate kissed his other cheek and stood up with him. He looked over at Carlos, shaking his head. Maybe if there were no beds or Alex would be okay with it. But tonight Alex just wanted Nate. He didn’t have him last night. Alex waited for Nate to get on the bed first.

Kaleb shook his head. “No Carlos. Not tonight love” He said, helping Carlos onto the other bed. Kaleb would help Carlos get onto the bed before he would join him.

Nate crawled onto the bed, laying on his back like he always did, and put out his arms to summon Alex. His Alex. His Alex who belonged in his arms every night. He couldn’t do another night like the previous one. He couldn’t be away from him. In this farmhouse, they were not sleeping in separate rooms and on separate beds. They would be together. Carlos flopped down onto the other bed, rolling to make sure that he was not on his shoulder, and sprawled across the entire second bed. “Fine, fine, but I better at least have my Kaleb then. And then later- massive cuddles. With everyone. If you can’t cuddle with your family you met yesterday, is it even worth it?” His words were nearly cut off by a yawn so big that he just about squeaked at the end.

Alex smiled as he watched Nate laid on the bed, arms out like always and Alex moved onto the bed, his head on Nate’s chest as always. Arm wrapped around Nate’s stomach. Alex was overjoyed to be back where he felt he belonged. In Nate’s arms. And he never wanted leave. He was right where he wanted to be.

Kaleb laid down beside Carlos on his non injured side. “I’m right here babe. And perhaps we can have a massive cuddle one day.” Kaleb said, placing an arm over Carlos stomach, head on his chest.

Nate laughed as he snuggled close to Alex. He nestled his face into Alex’s hair and breathed him in. Feeling him in his arms was everything. He wished that he could tell Alex that. He wished that he could somehow convey how much he cared, but he didn’t know what that was. He didn’t know much of anything really. Instead, he moved his head so that he could whisper, “I missed you,” and not be as obstructed.

Carlos curled into Kaleb a little more than his usual amount. He was exhausted for so many reasons. He hurt. He was clingy and needy. And he fell asleep almost immediately as he rested against Kaleb.

Alex sighed happily. He felt Nate nestle his face into Alex’s hair like always. This was what he’d been missing. He missed Nate, missed his arms around him, feeling him snuggle close to him. Alex heard him and he smiled. “I missed you too.” He said softly, his eyes closing as he fell asleep there, where he belonged.

Kaleb felt Carlos curl into him more than normal and he just held him. He too fell asleep, holding his love who would live to see tomorrow. He’d been so scared and now he just wanted to hold him close.

The night was long for Carlos but short for Nate. For Carlos, he woke frequently, the pain of his shoulder bringing him back to consciousness. For Nate, the feeling of having Alex so close brought every fear and anxiety down. As Carlos thrashed, Nate was still.

Carlos, man of few troubles, a boisterous personality full of joy, wished that he could have just passed out. If he had, maybe it would have been easier to stay asleep. Sometimes he woke up and he had rolled over thus causing the pain he was trying to avoid. He would have to roll back to attempt to sleep. Sometimes he woke up and he was so disoriented that he almost threw himself up into a sitting position, and if it had not been for Kaleb there always holding him down, he might have done that and probably ruined everything they did to fix him up. Eventually, as the light came to them, and Nate awoke, Carlos had given up sleep and was sitting at the foot of the bed. He held Alex close, but feared for Carlos. At least he was up. That was something.

Alex had a dreamless sleep, it was peaceful and calming. Being held by Nate had helped settle him and he was able to sleep. When he woke up the next morning, he was still in Nate’s arms. Alex moved a little, indicating that he was awake, but he didn’t move much more than that.

Kaleb felt Carlos moving throughout the night. He didn’t know what to do for him, and every time Carlos moved, Kaleb would wake up. He got about as much sleep as Carlos did. When light filtered in, Kaleb had managed to sleep for a little bit but as he sat up, he grew more concerned for Carlos sitting at the foot of the bed. Kaleb moved over to him, sitting back on his heels on the non injured side, hand on his shoulder, not knowing what else to do.

Nate peered over and saw that Kaleb sat with Carlos. He had someone with him, and therefore he could stay with Alex who moved a little. He pulled his arms tighter around him and smiled. “Good morning, beautiful,” he whispered as he nestled just a little bit more. “How did you sleep?”

Carlos leaned his head on Kaleb as he joined him. “Did I keep you awake all night?” He asked as he sat stiller than he would normally. “I didn’t mean to. I should have moved so that you got to sleep. I’m sorry.”

Alex finally opened his eyes, looking up at Nate with a smile. "Good morning.." He said softly, curling close to Nate as he felt Nate's arms tighten around him. "I slept very well. I think you chased off any nightmares" Alex said quietly. He loved hearing Nate call him beautiful, it made his heart do little flutters in his chest. "Is he okay?" Alex asked quietly, from where he was resting against Nate's chest, he saw Carlos at the foot of the bed.

Kaleb sighed as he felt Carlos lean his head against him. "No you didn't. I couldn't sleep last night." Kaleb said softly, placing a hand on Carlos' leg. "I wouldn't be able to sleep if I wasn't by your side love, you know that" Kaleb told him. He was so used to sleeping with Carlos that he couldn't imagine sleeping without him.

Nate pulled them up into a sitting position so they could look over at Carlos and Kaleb a little better. “I don’t know,” he answered. As much as he wished that he could stay with Alex right there forever, he wanted to help his friend. He patted Alex softly as he moved out from under Alex. He grabbed his hand as he slipped from the bed and moved to the other bed to join them.

Carlos looked around and sighed. “You guys-“ he almost laughed. But instead he sniffled. And then he made a sound like a hiccup before bringing his hand to his face and wiping his eyes.

Alex felt Nate pull them up into a sitting position. Alex was concerned for Carlos, very much so. He'd grown to care for the other man and not just because he'd been Alex's first kiss. Alex felt Nate pat him, before moving. Alex felt Nate grab his hand and he followed. He crawled onto the bed with Nate, sittng behind Carlos, wrapping an arm around him as a hug from the back on his non injured side, resting his chin on Carlos' shoulder. "We're one big family.." Alex said softly. Kaleb had shifted so that Alex could sit just behind the two of them, and had moved his head so that when Alex rested his chin on Carlo's shoulder, Kaleb rested his head against Alex's, arm over Alex's shoulder and his hand rested on Carlos' back.

Nate stood in front of the bed and leaned in, head against Carlos’ and hand on the lower part of his shot arm since the other two were on the other side. “One family. You and Kaleb and me and Handsome.” He turned to Kaleb. “This is what happened to you, isn’t it? He showed up and never left you. Alex, this is our forever affliction. We are doomed to have such great people with us forever.”
“That’s an awfully long commitment for someone you just met the other day.” But Carlos felt it too.
Nate looked to Alex and smiled. “Yeah, sure is. But farmhouses are awfully big, and we aren’t enough to fill the whole place ourselves.” He took the moment to examine the shot shoulder since Carlos never put his shot back on. That was probably smart. It looked like it was doing pretty well overall. Nothing reopened. It was still ugly but that was to be expected. Overall, he looked like it was doing just fine.

Kaleb nodded with a small laugh. "I met him that day at the mural and he just kinda stayed around." Kaleb used the hand that was touching Carlos' back to gently rub his back. Alex sighed, resting his head against the side of Carlos' head.

"I've seen worse afflictions." Alex laughed softly. "Besides Carlos, we need someone like you to keep us entertained in this large farmhouse. We'd never have boring nights with you around. Maybe we'll even have a pillow fight or two" Alex said with a smile. In his mind, he could picture it. One room would be Alex and Nate's, one room would be Kaleb and Carlos' and then they'd have a bigger room where they could all hang out together at night if they wanted.

Carlos laughed and cried a little but mostly laughed. He leaned in to all of them as much as he could, trying to simulate a hug he really couldn’t. He never felt so appreciated and cared for in his entire life. Of course he had Kaleb, but that was different. This was two extra people who already seemed to be his. He never had that back at the QZ. He had friends aplenty sure. But he didn’t have a family. Then he had Kaleb, and that was enough. This was more than he ever dreamed. For someone so affectionate with everyone, he had many, many people that he had shared affection with. He kissed just about anyone he could. This was still different.

“I love you guys,” he choked. “Kaleb, my love, are we changing our wandering the country plans and moving into a farmhouse with these two? Because it could be the pain talking, but I think I kind of really want that now.”

Kaleb laughed himself. "I think we are, because I can't imagine any place I'd rather be. Our own farmhouse with our own little family. It sounds perfect dear" Kaleb said. It seemed like the best thing Kaleb could think could happen. A year ago he was an officer in a QZ with nothing that he could call his own. Then he met Carlos and his world shifted, he suddenly had someone. Someone who wanted to be his. And now he found two more people he could call his family. It was everything Kaleb could've ever hoped for. "If you guys will have us, we'd love to find this farmhouse with you" He said.

Alex had never had someone say they loved him, not even his parents. When he heard that from Carlos, he realized that he'd come to love having these two around, as much as he loved being around Nate. He swallowed a little as he nestled his head into the crook of Carlos' neck as his way of saying that he loved him too. Alex didn't feel like he could say it, but he could show it. "I don't know about Nate, but I want you guys to join us in this farmhouse of ours." He said softly.

Nate’s smile was his big toothy grin as everyone talked. “Since I’m the one who told him about our farmhouse and planned with him on the way here, I think that means I’d love for you to join us too.” He raised a hand to Carlos’ cheek and shook his head. “Even if you keep kissing my monkey man.” Carlos snorted out a laugh. Nate also laughed. “But not me, lover boy. You’ll have to earn that.”
Carlos, for sure nestling into both of Kaleb and Alex, raised an eyebrow. “Is that a challenge?”
Nate matched the look. “Would you like it to be?”
Carlos laughed again and vaguely turned his attention to Alex. “Handsome, how did we unlock this version of him? Because I like it.” He put his hand on Kaleb’s leg. “Okay, farmhouse it is. Pillow fights, truth or dare, hide and seek, the whole works. Where are we gonna find this place? Where were you headed? Washington? What do you think, love? We were just getting through the city, but who says Washington isn’t nice this time of year?”

Alex laughed, listening to the two men. He cast a sideways glance at Carlos when he talked to him. "I'm not sure. But it's certainly fascinating" Alex said. He looked over at Nate. "I think he's challenging you Carlos." Alex added, smiling between the two men. It was a small family, but Alex couldn't imagine anything better. He was happy enough with how things were now.
"I think Washington is beautiful this time of year." Kaleb said, smiling at Carlos. "Looks like you two are stuck with us forever now." He added, chuckling. It was definitely an idea, a dream that he would love to see come true. Somewhere peaceful, the four of them together as a family. "What a ragtag group we are huh? A former Firefly, former FEDRA, an Artist and a Monkey Man" Kaleb said with a laugh. "It sounds like the start of a really bad joke" He added, smile on his face.

“A former Firefly, a former FEDRA officer, an artist, and a monkey man all walk into a bar,” Carlos giggled at the rest of them. Nate stood up. He took Carlos’ hand on the side of his hurt shoulder. “What do you say we get some food into all of us and then we figure out what happens when we do that.” He moved away and to the packs, looking through his pack for the various foods. “Anyone care for some beans?” He chuckled as he moved them out of his way. “Or perhaps some canned corn? No! This is a momentous occasion! Alex, what do you think we crack open some of the special food?”

Alex laughed at that, it was quite the beginning of a joke. Alex looked over at Nate when he moved over to the packs. He lifted his head up away from Carlos' shoulder and smiled at him. He scrunched his face at the mention of beans, corn sounded better. No. Nate was absolutely right. "I agree that this is a wonderful occasion, bring out the special food." Alex agreed, moving off the bed. He stretched his leg but it felt much better. Kaleb looked at the two of them confused. "Special food?" He asked, not moving from Carlos' side though, looking at Nate and Alex curiously.

Carlos readjusted to be fully attached to Kaleb as he looked over at them. He was deathly curious as to what could possibly be special about their food. It wasn’t the same as the rest of the food everyone found? Nate pulled at Alex’s bag as well. He had all of the good stuff. “Family, beans and corn are fine and all- that’s a lie beans are terrible and if I never eat them again, it will be too soon. But, I have something better.” He pulled out the cans. “May I introduce to you ravioli and spaghetti? This may be the absolute best food you will have ever eaten out of a can.” He put his hand out for Alex. “I don’t actually remember how much we have of each, but I think this is the perfect thing to eat this morning.” He pulled out spoons from the bags to make sure they had enough out.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back