• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

SuperheroRP MermaidxNoob

"I don't cry," I murmured, trying to leave as much space between us as possible. "I can't cry…" I looked up at him.

"Than what's this..." He reached over and cupped her face in his hand, using his thumb to rub away one of the tears. " Look, I'm Sorry Nat. Trust me, if I didn't care, I wouldn't be telling you."

I closed my eyes tightly, sobbing again. I turned my face away from him, not wanting him to have seen me like this.

Darren scooted closer to her and wrapped his arms around her. "Come on, don't cry," He murmured, holding her gently.

I buried my face in his chest, shaking with silent sobs. I hated feeling so weak, but in his arms…it felt right. Tingles were running through my body from his touch.

After what had seemed like an hour of rubbing slow circled upon her back, he smiled grimly and shifted. "Feeling better?"

I nodded slowly, hiccuping softly. I didn't want to let go, and risk losing the warmth that had spread through my body.

Darren hissed her cheek reassuringly before getting up slowly, holding her hand in his. "Come on, I want to show you something."

I stood slowly, my eyes never leaving his. My cheek felt like it was on fire from where he'd kissed me. I held onto his hand hopefully.

Darren tugged her across the helecarrier, dodging the watchful agents, and into the hangar. He looked around before spotting his objective. "Bingo," he smirked and walked toward a sleek black jet.

"Watch this," he said, and let go of her hand and motioned to the aircraft. He touched the door, and a blueish hologram screen and keyboard appeared. He narrowed his eyes and thought before his fingers flew across the keys, and one by one the numbers for the pass code appeared across the screen before turning green. Darren stood back as the door to the Quinjet opened with a hiss. "How's this for a joyride?"

I gaped at him. "We are not about to hijack a Quinjet. You have lost your mind. Fury would murder me…" I rambled. I ran a hand through my hair and sighed.

Darren just grinned and climbed inside. "Oh come on, it'll be fun..." He winked at her before entering the cockpit. "And besides, Fury won't know - I hacked the alarm systems." he strapped himself in and rubbed his hands together thoughtfully. "Now if I can only remember how to fly this thing..."

I stormed up to him. "You WHAT!?" I stared at him in disbelief. "Darren, you're not even an agent, and if you get caught, you could be thrown in prison." I groaned and ran a hand through my hair. "Please, just…come on," I said, exiting the jet.

Darren gave her his best puppy dog eyes. "Pleaseeee? I've always wanted to fly one of these things. Plus, if I did get sent to prison, you'd bake me brownies everyday to comfort me right?" He grinned widely.

I laughed cruelly. "The eyes aren't going to work. And I wouldn't be baking you anything because I warned you." I began walking away from the hangar.

He sighed and followed after, after closing the door. "Fine, but I don't know how else I'm supposed to cheer you up."

I smiled to myself. "I know how," I said softly before grabbing his hand and tugging him down through the lower levels to a small space under a lab. Light shone down on a grated area slightly larger than a bed (it's the place were she and Bruce land in Avengers).

Darren looked around the space, then back at her, confused. "What are we supposed to do in here? Play laser tag?"

I rolled my eyes and sat down, patting the space beside me. "This is my…special spot, you might say. It calms me." I looked up. "At exactly midnight, you can see the moon through the windows and if there's no clouds, the moonlight shines in perfectly," I said, my voice becoming a whisper.

Darren smiled and sat down beside her, crossing his legs. He looked at his watch, then into her eyes. "Midnight is only two minutes away..." he entwined his hands with hers. "Lucky for you, I'm an expert time waster." He leaned down and gave her a chaste kiss.

I smiled against his lips, giving his hands a light squeeze. I closed my eyes slowly, my heart speeding up.

Darren broke the kiss, and smiled back at her. "OK, confession time," He said softly, the tips of his ears reddening. "Part of the reason I left that night..." He looked up at her, embarrassed. "It was because that was my first kiss."

I smiled softly and cupped his cheek, stroking it softly with my thumb. I kissed him softly, my breath hitching.

He kissed her back, deepening the kiss, and lay on his back and pulled her down with him. Something similar to a cat's purr vibrated in his chest and he pulled her hips tighter against him as the moonlight covered them both.

A soft moan escaped my lips as our hips met. Our bodies bathed in moonlight now, I tangled my fingers in his hair, throwing caution to the wind. My tongue ran across his lower lip slowly, teasingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back