• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Splicers - I Am Legion - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Here is your hit point roll:

Good roll for you there.
Thank you!

The more I look at cryptography, the more Chaska "tells" me he's interested in it. Codes and mysteries? Yeah! The more unknown a subject is, the more curious I think he is about it. I'm just glad the timing was right, because if he had already selected his skill then he wouldn't have this option now.

Maybe he can create a code of his own to use among Cerberus? Hmm!

Purr Purr did you still want to try an Intelligence roll? I didn’t post one yet so I could be sure.

Yes, crypto will take some hours of puzzling out what is hidden away, but you did mention trying to put the pieces together of thinking that the Kraken had been compromised.

Yes, crypto will take some hours of puzzling out what is hidden away, but you did mention trying to put the pieces together of thinking that the Kraken had been compromised.
Correct! Plus how often do we get to roll Intelligence, right?

Is there a result from the Intelligence roll? =)

Derp. After checking with you, I completely spaced it. lol. Here is what you can figure out: there are only five people on the Kraken that have this knowledge and the ability to send a message off the War Mount: Chief Rybeck, Corporal Styles, Sgt Alex Pavlov, Saint Dana Sewell and Corporal Maria Paseo.

At this point, you lack enough data to be able to narrow down that list any more, but the coded messages might possess clues to the identity of the mole.

Regarding the three coded messages: code breaking is a time consuming task. You may attempt a Cryptography after a hour of work. But if you devote more time to breaking the code, for every hour additional that you spend will give you a +2% to the roll to a maximum of +20% along with any Action Point bonus that you may get.

If you work together and both persons have Cryptography, I’ll give a 5% bonus to your initial roll and increase your hourly bonus to +3% per hour for a max bonus of +30% after ten hours of study.

Also a reminder to Purr Purr that so far you have not communicated what Woodstock has reported back to you about what is happening up on the surface. Don’t want you to forget to do that.

An added detail about a team effort on Cryptography. Only one person rolls for the group, be it me with my dice or someone here using the dice bot. If you fail the roll, you can retry after another two hours at a -5% penalty.

I might, just to give us a better shot at decrypting the papers.
That is your call to make, but I will require you to have selected the skill before any group effort is attempted to decipher the code.

A reasonable requirement. I will let you know soon if I take the skill or go with something else.
It's worth mentioning again - I am spending an Action Point on this, regardless. =)

EDIT: I'm kinda bringing that up for Psychie's knowledge too - Psychie Psychie I honestly think cryptography is an in-game interest for Chaska. But please don't take it just to succeed in this scene? Choose a Skill that's all-Toni (whether it's cryptography or something else)! =)

Last edited:
It's worth mentioning again - I am spending an Action Point on this, regardless. =)

EDIT: I'm kinda bringing that up for Psychie's knowledge too - Psychie Psychie I honestly think cryptography is an in-game interest for Chaska. But please don't take it just to succeed in this scene? Choose a Skill that's all-Toni (whether it's cryptography or something else)! =)
I am still wondering what skills I should focus on. I don’t see a huge draw for me to get Cryptography, so I’m kinda wondering just what to go with.

It is my own opinion that Toni has a more martial approach to things than Chaska does. Perhaps you can look at skills in that area that would be a better complement to her personality than the Cryptography. Just a thought.

I am still wondering what skills I should focus on. I don’t see a huge draw for me to get Cryptography, so I’m kinda wondering just what to go with.
What does Toni do in her spare time?

What skills might help her out as a leader?

It doesn’t even have to be a combat skill, just like Purr said. Do you like to cook? Play an instrument? Or maybe you want to write a book? All are valid skills that could work out well for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back