Sonic the Hedgehog: A new beginning

he closes his eyes but a portel opens below i look down seeing another area. "huh......exe....heh thanks buddy" he was gone before the gun could fire, as brutos lands in a feild 500 yards away he gets up coughing. "so...he helped me...heh...i-im glad ahh but i couldnt beat shadow....rrrr"

Espio knew Brutos would return and watched as Shadow fought him. He used Shadow's distraction to try help stabilize the systems as best as possible and try isolate the file.

"What the?! It moved, the file labelled 'Sonic' moved by itself. How is that? I'm no computer expert, but that seemed strange."

He continued working.

Shadow turned his head and put his gun away. "Any luck stabilizing the system?" Shadow asked approaching Espio and crossing his arms over his chest. He looked up at the screen looking to see Espio's progress.

"Almost there, just need a few... more.... min.......ute........s"

Espio said as he working as fast and as best he could with his limited knowledge of GUN's operating system. He was almost done, he just needed Shadow to occupy that brute a little longer and buy him just a tiny bit more time.

"He's gone. He just vanished." Shadow said talking about Brutos. "I don't know what happened, but we have time now. So this should be relatively easy.

"You don't know that he won't return. Besides aren't you curious about he just vanished like that? Not many besides you can just teleport at will..."

Espio felt Shadow relaxed far too early. He needed to be wary of his surroundings and the situation.

"I've just about stabilized the system, however I've found something weird. One of the only files left is the one named Sonic and when I tried to open. It wouldn't open properly, something is weird about that file. I don't think it's file, it may be part of the virus that causing the bug in the system. If that is the case, if we can erase that glitch we might be able to solve the problem... maybe...."

"Try to open it again, I want to see what exactly it is." Shadow said, this was indeed curious. "once I know, I'll get rid of it." Shadow said keeping his arms crossed.

"You mean WE right?" Sonic said smirking as he tapped his foot impatiently, "Lets hurry this up too this is taking forever!" He said yawning a little and looking at a clock bored.

"Sorry WE want to figure this out. Let me try." Shadow moves in the way and opens the Sonic file. Strangely the opening credits from Sonic the Hedgehog open. "Sonic, this is your first game."

"Hm seems like it was only yesterday this takes me back!" Sonic said looking at the opening and smirking.

Then for a quick second the screen flashes showing a pool of hyper realistic blood, Sega 666, and an evil Sonic with black eyes and red dots for pupils. Then the screen switches to a title select screen reminiscent of Sonic 3, only the background is black and instead of showing a screen with the levels, it shows only static, and the characters playable are Tails, Knuckles, and Robotnik.

Sonic's eye's widened at the sight and then looked at the next screen showing his friends and robotnik, "Well...that certainly has not happen before.." Sonic said scratching his head.

"This is strange, It looks like Knuckles and Robotnik are blocked so... I guess I have to select Tails." Shadow selects Tails, the game freezes for 5 seconds, then a creepy pixilated laugh is heard. The title card reads Hill Act 1 and shows Tails, Shadow begins to move him forward, noticing no obstacles, no rings, and no enemies, just flat ground. Also the music is a peaceful melody in reverse, making it almost demonic sounding.

Sonic crosses his arm's watching the screen he already did not like how the game was going and what made things more weird was that he was not in it, "Where are the rings..the obstacles the enemies.." Sonic said as he watched him, as he played Sonic saw on the ground what had looked to be blood. "What no way!!" Sonic yelled his eyes not believing what he watched.

Shadow continued to move Tails forward, what he saw horrified even himself, and it was only a game! He continued and saw Sonic's animal friends all killed in gruesome, and horrific ways, limbs removed, hanging from trees by the entrails, and more. Shadow continued and saw Sonic, Tails moved forward happy to see Sonic, but then Sonic's eyes opened revealing the black and red eyes. the screen cut to black and text appeared saying: 'Hello, do you wanna play with me?'

Sonic glared at the screen and then looked at Shadow "Was this what you saw in your head Shadow?" Sonic asked referring to the Sonic with the black eyes and red pupils.

"Yes, only it wasn't pixels, it looked exactly like you except for the eyes and blood... And that smile..." Shadow said frightened. He noticed Tails breaking the fourth wall, making frantic gestures towards Shadow asking him to help Tails run away from whatever he was running from.

Sonic only watched as his buddy Tails basically made gestures through the game Sonic naturally balled his fists and looked at Shadow "Make him run now!" Sonic said not wanting Tails to get caught.

Shadow pressed the button and Tails began to run, then that evil Sonic appeared. He began to fly slowly gaining in on Tails, and he had a wicked smile on his face, as if he was enjoying the torment he was bringing the fox. Then when Sonic caught him, Tails just stopped and started to cry.

"It's just a game."

Espio gave Sonic a funny look at Sonic's unusual reaction and his concern for a bunch of code.

"Is it not, you do realize that is not the real Tails. It simply cannot be."

"Some sick game then..and not in a good way." Sonic said crossing his arms and looking away from the screen.

"I agree... who would program something like this and why? What is the point?"

Espio said questioning the oddity of the game and Sonic being portrayed as the antagonist. He was always hailed as a hero...

Suddenly Sonic popped up on the screen and lunged at Tails, all that could be heard was tails screams of agony as the screen went to black. Then text appeared on the screen. 'You're too slow, wanna try again?'

Espio cringed at the sound, not because he thought it was Tails, but just at the idea of the sick individual who felt the need to make such a game.

"Perhaps we should just delete the game, I have a bad feeling about it. Rather just erase it and move on, we need to find the cause of the virus and if that game is part of it it is only beneficial to delete the game."

He said looking to Shadow as he walked over and pressed the delete button to completely erase the file, not just to recycle bin but completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back