• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Shadow of The Seal - OOC

Other
Here
*offers my character like a sacrifice* I beseech thee to choose him, Guille.

(I don't think Bookie would choose my character so I went with hot assassin lady. ๐Ÿ˜”)
Love the thought process of "The nicest Pillar isn't available, so let's immediately go with the most ruthless." ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Great question, thanks for asking! And yes, there is an underwater nation, but it still shows on the map.

The sinking of the Garrim Isles created the perfect (mostly) underwater for merfolk.

In the bit of life for The Errant Fleet, you'll notice the nod to merfolk in the pictures and in the text as well.
yea, my head canon was that the Merfolk helped them get their bearings but I wasn't too sure.

For my character, well, I'll just show you the blurb I've got:
The seas of Tainam play home to more than just the Errant Fleet; while spartan Fleet may rule the waves with martial might, beneath the waters, merchant republics of merfolk and water elementals are the lifeblood of inter-continental trade.

Republic is a strong word to define the loose consortium of Trade Companies and Ocean Caravans bound and maintained by mutual benefits, but anyone who threatens the lives and livelihoods of these maritime peoples.

so my character would come from one of these ocean caravans, a second son who wasn't expected to inherit anything and thus became a scholar. Would this be alright?

Hmmmmmm I feel like Seer and Cress could make a pretty iconic/ironic pair if only for the fact that Cress is pretty open and easy to to read as a person. Which works pretty well with a mind reader!? Lmao

And now Iโ€™m picturing them performing a jazz duet
Seer would definitely find him amusing that's for sure. Would probably toy with him like he's food for her.

Love the thought process of "The nicest Pillar isn't available, so let's immediately go with the most ruthless." ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
The nicest pillar doesn't like him. So my character chooses chaos. ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚

yea, my head canon was that the Merfolk helped them get their bearings but I wasn't too sure.

For my character, well, I'll just show you the blurb I've got:

so my character would come from one of these ocean caravans, a second son who wasn't expected to inherit anything and thus became a scholar. Would this be alright?
First of all, this is very wonderfully drafted and I can't wait to read the rest.

Secondly, you are absolutely right about merfolk helping them get back on their "feet" so to speak. It is why they are so deadly in the water.

While a merfolk trade republic isn't something I had built into the lore (considering merfolk can shift to a human form and trade on land, in addition to the Fleet being a pretty effective channel for commerce), I am absolutely not opposed to the idea.

It's a creative piece that still works within the rules and lore of the world, so I say go for it!

10 points!

First of all, this is very wonderfully drafted and I can't wait to read the rest.

Secondly, you are absolutely right about merfolk helping them get back on their "feet" so to speak. It is why they are so deadly in the water.

While a merfolk trade republic isn't something I had built into the lore (considering merfolk can shift to a human form and trade on land, in addition to the Fleet being a pretty effective channel for commerce), I am absolutely not opposed to the idea.

It's a creative piece that still works within the rules and lore of the world, so I say go for it!

10 points!
ฮฃ(ยฐโ–ณยฐ๊ชฑ๊ชฑ๊ชฑ) They can shapeshift!? Honestly beyond shocked I was planning to just go around in a wheelchair lmao

Hmm yea, them being unhindered on land would indeed change things a lot. Hold on, I need to figure out how much of my backstory this changes ๐Ÿ˜‚

ฮฃ(ยฐโ–ณยฐ๊ชฑ๊ชฑ๊ชฑ) They can shapeshift!? Honestly beyond shocked I was planning to just go around in a wheelchair lmao

Hmm yea, them being unhindered on land would indeed change things a lot. Hold on, I need to figure out how much of my backstory this changes ๐Ÿ˜‚
Oop! My bad! Yes, merfolk can shapeshift. They are just faster, stronger, and way more comfortable in water.

I honestly cannot wait for all the mer people!! ๐Ÿคฉ just know Scarlette is going to look at them with such awe and adoration!!

Also hey! Watch it! No Abas or Mt. Ianis slander.
It's my favorite location on the map but I'm not allowed to say so lest I be considered biased

Also hey! Watch it! No Abas or Mt. Ianis slander.
It's my favorite location on the map but I'm not allowed to say so lest I be considered biased
same because the lore is super compelling
when i get his bio finished up i'll need to verify with u that his tribe's story fits into the universe!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back