• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Shadow of The Seal - OOC Page

Other
Here

Wyll

The Shadow of The Seal
OOC
loading ...
... scroll up
// premise ...
#18+
#assassin
#spy
#Found family
Everybody knows the seal; they know what it means.
A single, blank letter, stamped with a crimson red seal, left on the windowsill or doorstep. It is an omen; a promise; a message: Death has found you.

Nobody can say for certain when people started receiving the letters. Some say The Seal - as the group has now been called - has caused the rise and fall of entire kingdoms. Others believe it is the latest in a long list of soon-to-be-forgotten attention grabbers. Some declare that there is only one person behind The Seal. Others insist that it is impossible for one person to hold that much power. Some even believe the whole thing to be a myth. But The Seal exists, and has existed for the almost 200 years. You would know. After all, you are one of them.

A 300-year-old library stands tall, its impressive stone walls seeming to glitter in the light of the Kidem sun. People go in and out as normal: some scholars looking for material for their latest research articles; a few commoners looking to borrow or return books on topics spanning from the destruction of Lotoy to the history of magic; a wave of tourists and couples, wanting to spend time admiring the largest library in all of the continent of Emem; the rest...assassins, lorekeepers and spies, Agents working under The Seal.

For years, the noble houses pushed down on the commoners with tyranny and corruption and they pushed just hard enough that a rare gem formed under all that pressure and it started pushing back. This gem, several years down the line, would come to be known as The Seal, and through assassinations and espionage, declared themselves to be Judge, Jury and Executioner if the noble houses that seek to use the poor and the broken as their footstools.
This Grand Library of Kidem has functioned as the beating heart of The Seal for over a hundred years, their operations unseen and unnoticed thanks to the codes and riddles woven into every shelf of the library. Upheld by its Four Pillars: Bookie, Guille, Keep and Seer, The Seal stretches all over the world of Tainam with the Grand Library serving as the chief base of operations while having offices in the other libraries spread around the world as well.

For years, The Seal has controlled the political ebb and flow of the world through the shadows. However, you and everybody else hidden in the Shadow of The Seal are about to learn the shadows often have plans of their own.
// roles ...
scroll
The
Foundation
You have been here for 4+ years. You have seen the Seal go through thick and thin, now standing as a rock for newer characters to lean on and the first to be called when backup is needed on a mission. Because of your steadfastness, there are rumors that you may be a future Pillar.
The
Trouble-Maker
Bookie doesn't like you, he calls you unpredictable and he says that that is a liability to The Seal. You have a tendency to want to do things your own way. But Keep likes having you around and the other two Pillars don't care enough to be bothered by you. Plus, you're good at what you do.
The
Prodigy
You are one of the newest recruits - any time less than ten months - and, in that short time, you're already being assigned high profile missions, missions that others needed years to work up to. You assimilated quicker than anyone the Pillars have ever seen and some of your peers call you a Pillar in the making
The
Shadow
You are one of the newest recruits - any time less than ten months - and you are still in training, learning the ways of The Seal and finding out what kind of agent you want to be. You are made to shadow missions and your primary role is to follow the orders given by whoever you shadow, no matter what the order is.
The
Bleeding
As a principle, you don't like killing and violence and so being an agent is hard for you. However, you try to convince yourself that it's for the greater good; that The Seal is looking out for those who can't help themselves.. Plus, at least The Seal has a code. You still don't particularly support their methods though.
The
Devout
To you, rules are rules and are meant to be followed strictly. Any deviation is intolerable. You adore The Pillars - their word is law to you - and you even aspire to be a Pillar yourself one day. You've given everything you have and everything you are to The Seal with religious, almost problematic, dedication.
The
Refugee
You were on the run from the law, you'd been on the run for a long time actually. However, your luck ran out; they had you cornered and you knew your time was up. You'd given up all hope and resigned yourself to your fate, then The Seal found you and, to you, they are protection from the law.
The
Driven
To you, The Seal is a means to an end. You recognise that all the agents under The Seal are some of the best at what they do. The Pillars form the very pinnacle, where you want to be. But you are not content with being "one of those" at the pinnacle. You want to be the pinnacle yourself, undeniable so.
The
Votary
Newer recruit - 0 months to a year. No matter what those around you said and how they tried to convince you that it was just a myth, you always knew The Seal was real. You'd followed their missions closely, modeling your style after them. The day you were recruited was a literal dream come true for you.
The
Insider
You were a noble once, maybe even royalty. But, all that meant is that you got to see the cruelty of high Society firsthand and it was a vile taste in your mouth. You knew you had to do something. You were nothing more than a nameless vigilante before The Seal found you, now they have your full devotion.
The
Legacy
Both of your parents were agents of The Seal and they raised you while keeping their lives as part of The Seal secret from you. Eventually, you grew old enough to have questions. With few options left, they finally gave you the answers you wanted and brought you into the life they'd tried to shelter you from.
The
Returnee
You got into a nearly fatal accident and you had to leave for several months while you healed and got your strength back. You returned very recently, not only do your memory and muscle memory need to return, it also feels like so much has changed - there is much for you to keep up with.
The
Glutton
You process and consume information at an extraordinary rate and you are always hungry for more, seeking to grow and improve yourself in your craft, each day better than you were the day before. Your progress is staggering and your dedication is an example to those around; you just might be a future Pillar.
The
Talentless
The role you fill under The Seal gives you purpose and it is one of the very few things that does. There aren't very many things that you are naturally good at - even things you worked for years on. But you do your jobwithin The Seal perfectly, almost as if you were born to do this.
The
Joker
You are a treasure trove of talent. You can, have, and will fill all roles, bouncing from one role to the other as the missions demand. You may not be the best at any one role, but your versatility makes you indispensable. Because of this, you're one of very few able to be assigned solo missions.
The
Sun
In a world of secrets, lies and shadows, you are a much needed breath of fresh air - a literal ray of sunshine. You know what The Seal is and you fully commit to your role within it. And yet, you carry yourself with the demeanor of somebody who works in a candy shop, unflappable in your positivity.
The
Fire
Reserved for GM Wyll
You've been here for 4+ years. Whenever somebody is recruited, they are warned about you because you are known to give the newbies a hard time, a true trial by fire. Your reasons are your own, but every newbie knows your name and most fear it.
The
General
You have been around for a while - at least three years - and you may not be the best in your role but you are indispensable all the same. Your experience has made you a master of navigating sticky situations. You are known for your clever ideas, if there is a problem, you are often the solution.
The
Resin
Your natural understanding of people, creatures and situations allows you to be the glue that holds people together when things don't go smoothly. You are perfectly able to discern between when a situation calls for support, guidance or discipline and you know how to provide all three as needed.
The
Hammer
Just as the saying says, everything is a nail to you. You believe in power and asserting dominance and this shows through in how you carry out the activities of your role and even relations with other agents. Not particularly one for tact or patience, you trust in your own abilities to navigate any situation.
The
Bargain
You had been searching for The Seal for a long time and you knew more than you thought. To The Seal, the only thing more dangerous than someone that knows too much is someone that doesn't know how much they know. So they found you before you found them; your search is over and their secret remains safe
The
Spiteful
You've been wronged and want vengeance. You don't care that it's against the code of The Seal to keep personal matters out of the way. For now, you will follow their rules; play their game; obey their silly code...but when a chance for vengeance comes, you won't let them or anyone else stop you.
The
Unbroken
Life has dealt you a tough hand many times over - situations that would have made most other throw in the towel - yet, somehow, you've persisted. Giving up and giving in seem to be fundamentally and entirely against your nature and you carry that spirit through every mission and everything you do.
The
Cautious
Life has taught you that anything could happen and you live every day and every mission with that in mind. You play it as safe as possible, doing everything you can to guarantee complete success no matter what. You refuse to act until victory is absolutely certain, scared of what failure might mean.

// rules ...
This RP will be obeying all RPN rules.
All accepted players and characters will be added to the group Discord which is where we'll have most of our OOC conversation and plotting - so yes, Discord is mandatory.
All players need to be at least 18 years old as the the RP will be dealing with mature content in most of the scenes.
There is an expectation for each character to post at least once a week. Of course, life happens, and if you aren't able to meet that, just let me know.
More of a notice than a rule: If you have any questions, comments, complaints or suggestions, - about the RP, characters or otherwise - don't hesitate to reach out to me.

A battle of secrets, lies and shadows
© reveriee

Last edited:
cat-cat-jumping.gif

YIIPPPEEEE!!

Klown Klown anyasjoy anyasjoy lostbird lostbird CloudySkyLoftyMoon CloudySkyLoftyMoon WillOWispJJ WillOWispJJ

Welcome to the OOC. Don't be shy, get to know each other. Also feel free to send any questions you have my way (kindly @ me), would love to help y'all any way that I can.
yes, yes, I have questions!

There's a section for magic in the character sheet and I'd like to know what type of magic we're looking at here—how does magic work in this setting? Magic circles? Chants? What are angling for?

yes, yes, I have questions!

There's a section for magic in the character sheet and I'd like to know what type of magic we're looking at here—how does magic work in this setting? Magic circles? Chants? What are angling for?
Hi hi!

So the way the magic is done is flexible. You can chant, you can cast the spell mentally, you can have a wand, you can have a magic item, you can even just be like "I'm an elf, deal with it".
All permissible.

What's more important is the scale of the magic. As stated in the CS Thread, we're not at the level to summon lightning and thunder and meteor showers to destroy entire towns. Even the strongest magic users are only able to affect the size of one large building with their magic.

So however you want to cast it is fine, just make sure that you're not crushing mountains and taming seas in the name of magic.

Hi hi!

So the way the magic is done is flexible. You can chant, you can cast the spell mentally, you can have a wand, you can have a magic item, you can even just be like "I'm an elf, deal with it".
All permissible.

What's more important is the scale of the magic. As stated in the CS Thread, we're not at the level to summon lightning and thunder and meteor showers to destroy entire towns. Even the strongest magic users are only able to affect the size of one large building with their magic.

So however you want to cast it is fine, just make sure that you're not crushing mountains and taming seas in the name of magic.
Gotcha gotcha!

I do already have a character in mind, a collection of traits at the moment as a piece them together, but the gist is that they're a scholar, a historian to be more specific. I believe they more naturally fall into the role of Lorekeeper, but I certainly wouldn't want to get stuck in the back, far away from all the action!

What can you tell us about how 'missions' or 'arcs' will work in the RP?

So, without spoiling, I will say that the only Chapter that Lorekeepers may be "in the back" is Chapter 2.
Every other Chapter, they are as much in the center of the action as the assassins and spies.

The mission in Chapter 2 will be a more "typical" mission for the Agents but everything hits the fan and nothing is typical after Chapter 3.
So while Lorekeepers in this Chapter will be in the library and organizing and coordinating missions, this will be a chance for them to do background work and build relationships that may shape how the rest of the RP will play out for them and everyone else.

I will also say that given the importance of clues and codes and riddles that shall come, there will be certain Chapters where character's lives will more or less be in the hands of the Lorekeepers.

So, without spoiling, I will say that the only Chapter that Lorekeepers may be "in the back" is Chapter 2.
Every other Chapter, they are as much in the center of the action as the assassins and spies.

The mission in Chapter 2 will be a more "typical" mission for the Agents but everything hits the fan and nothing is typical after Chapter 3.
So while Lorekeepers in this Chapter will be in the library and organizing and coordinating missions, this will be a chance for them to do background work and build relationships that may shape how the rest of the RP will play out for them and everyone else.

I will also say that given the importance of clues and codes and riddles that shall come, there will be certain Chapters where character's lives will more or less be in the hands of the Lorekeepers.
Thanks for clearing that up! Just wanted to know what I would be getting this character into ^^

Alright, with those questions answered would anyone be interested in giving our character's backstory or pre-existing relations?

Klown Klown anyasjoy anyasjoy lostbird lostbird WillOWispJJ WillOWispJJ

Klown Klown anyasjoy anyasjoy lostbird lostbird CloudySkyLoftyMoon CloudySkyLoftyMoon WillOWispJJ WillOWispJJ

Hi friends. So, I goofed and created the OOC thread in the Recruitment channel. New OOC has been created in the proper place and the OOC button in the fist post should take you ther. However, I'll also be tagging y'all in the new OOC thread as well and shall be deleting this one shortly - end of the day.
You can have this thread moved to the correct channel by the site moderators, just submit a ticket and it should be handled shortly.

Oop. Definitely keeping that in mind for next time I make this mistake (because I most definitely will).
Many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back