• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Secret of the Mines of Oor (Mollisol and Zaxs)

Noli led Shihanna a few steps back, spitting out a laugh. "Marick? With us? Oh, that's a good one," she said, directing them towards the large stone leg that jutted into the sky next to the river. Once they were behind it, she continued, "Marick is... a lot like you, except less of a flirt, and more of a Luddite. He's been against the mines for about ever, or at least, he's against the amount of power my family has. And from what I've started to see in those mines, I'm starting to think he's not just jealous." She sat down behind the rock, noticing the brownish color of the river and the odd traces of black. "I guess what happened to you really opened my eyes to what's happening around here."

"Then why does he hang out with you guys? You two seemed chummy, like you were kind of friends. Or you both were just hard asses." Shihanna laughed a little, but tried to be quiet. Shihanna hid behind the rock with Noli, "Don't compare me to that guy. He wields a bow I wield a sniper, am I glad I am more of a flirt then that guy...wait is that good?" Shihanna looked at the crowd getting more like a riot or a mob ready to attack, she then turned around and watch Noli look at the brown river. "Yeah...I was lucky and got clean water from your parents and that lady."

Noli slumped down, leaning against the rock. "What I mean is, he's a bit of a hellraiser. He's been arrested a few times for trying to organize the people, and that's probably what's going to happen here if the Sheriff shows up. Then again... he's never had this many people with him before. And yeah, my family imports its water from a place to the west called Morah. Don't know much about it, except that it's clean. Lately, they haven't been doing business with us, though. I don't know if people's contempt for my family spreads that far, but they just haven't been getting back to--"

Her voice was interrupted by the sound of something crashing and breaking followed by a crackling noise, and she peered out from behind the rock to see a small fire spreading and burning itself out on the shoulder. The chant had dissolved into separate angry streams of words. Marick looked like he was no longer leading the people, but desperately trying to calm them down. "Oh my g... My family's still in the house! We can't just sit around here! They're in trouble!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Shihanna scooted herself closer to Noli and listened in on what she had to say, "He seems like a cool guy sometimes, so he has a lot of people following him and what he is doing is a noble cause to follow. So we don't have any good water, is that what they are complaining about?" Shihanna peers over the rock and looks at the crowd around the house.

Just then Shihanna saw something get thrown into the building of Noli's home. It began to crackle and make a roaring fire inside. It was spreading fast and had just gone onto the shoulder, Shihanna turned to Noli.
"W-what can we do? How can we put it out when it is so big and we don't have any water to put it out with?...I could use my gun but I doubt that would clear the whole fire..plus no gun in sight." Shihanna stumbled and climbed over the rock running towards Marick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back