• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Second Chances (Mobius & Sgt Gomez)

Shane nodded and watched how he lead the horse out. She took the lead rope, hooked it to Zimbabwe's halter and led him out, looking nervous. The horse bobbed his head, but walked fine beside her.

Michael let his horse go and he began to watch Shane with Zimbabwe. She was really getting along with him. "Wow, you two are like 2 peas in a pod," he smiles and calls to her.

(So what if at dinner that night his father says to him about selling Zimbabwe and Shane butts in, pretty much begging him not to? :P )

Shane smiled, a true and genuine smile that lit up her face, when he said they were to peas in a pod. She chuckled and looked over at the horse, who had his head out in front of her, ears flicked forward as he noticed some birds chirping in the grass. "Really?" She called up to him, stopping once they reached the pasture. She didn't want to stop getting to know the horse... maybe it would be worth giving up her free time in town to spend time with him.

(sure :) )

"Yeah, honestly he would never let anyone get near him, but you and him just clicked," He smiles, "I have no idea why my parents ever bought him."

Shane looked at the horse, who pinned his ears back when Michael spoke the second time. "I think he understands you..." She told him with a chuckle before asking,"What was his story?"

"I'm not really sure, but I think he came from a bad farmer or something. I think they mistreated him so my parents took him in to try and undo the damage, but he just wouldn't cooperate. Kind of like you," he laughs.

Shane sighed and stroked Zim's neck as Michael spoke. "That's awful..." She whispered, looking down. She did feel like it was somewhat like her... mistreated.

Michael was hoping that she would open up more if she was around someone or something that understood her more. "hey, Are you able to finish bringing the horses out? I need to...um...go grab something from inside."

Shane was surprised when he asked her if she would be able to bring the rest of the horses out... on her own. She even looked surprised, but after a moment she nodded. "Y-Yeah... I'll be fine," she answered.

He nods and walks back to the house, "Dad, mom, Shane is actually bonding with Zimbabwe," he calls out. His dad smiles, "Someone actually bonded with that darn horse?"

Shane watched him walk to the house before her attention went back to the horse. "I'll see you later, Zimmie," she told him quietly before letting him into the pasture and going to get the other horses.

"Maybe that darn horse can help us break her out of her shell and allow us to help her?" Michael says out loud, "What if we let her keep the horse if she behaves? Like he would live here, but she would own him?" His parents look at each other and nod.

Shane, while nervous, managed to do well with bringing out the horses. She wasn't messing up like she thought she was going to.

Michael walks back, "I have a proposition for you..." he leans against the fence looking at Shane, he notices Zimbabwe looking at her.

Shane had just let loose the last horse. She looked over at him and raised an eyebrow, asking slowly,"What?" She took a look in the direction he was looking at and smiled at the chestnut gelding, making a little kissing noise. Not thinking it would work, he surprisingly trotted over to her. She chuckled and patted his neck.

"I told my parents about how you and Zimbabwe really bonded, so we thought if you started showing that you cared, that maybe...we would give you ownership of him..."

Shane's eyes widened in surprise at what he told her. "R-Really? I could own him...?" She asked quietly, almost silently. She then looked at Zimbabwe, who looked alert.

"So what do you say? you try and actually listen to us and you can own the horse?" he raises his eyebrow.

Shane sighed and looked at the horse. "I guess I can try..." She mumbled, stroking his nose.

Shane sighed and, after thinking for a moment, asked,"So would you teach me how to ride him?"

"For you to actually stop reacting to it," he sticks his tongue out. "You did a good job with the horses..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back