• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Second Chances (Mobius & Sgt Gomez)

Shane focused more on what she was looking and, yeah, she had to admit that it was beautiful, but... she didn't really know how to enjoy that kind of stuff. "I guess," she said with a shrug.

He sighed, "You city slickers need to learn how to enjoy the beautiful of thing," he walks into the stable.

Shane glared at him and followed him into the stable. "I'm not a city slicker," she told him stubbornly.

(So what if she ends up bonding with one of the horses? :P Maybe it's aggressive to other people and spooks with other people, but not with her?)

"You totally are!" he laughs.

(sure go ahead that could make her want to stay more or maybe want to actually be nice and cooperative? lol :) )

(Yeah, and I was thinking that maybe Michael would see a side of her he didn't think she had?)

"I am not!" Shane argued, shoving her hands into her pockets.

(sure :) and that can help them bond :) )

"Prove to me that you aren't," he sticks his tongue out as they walk past the most troublesome horse they had.

(Yeah! I'm thinking he looks like this. I'm trying to think of a name for him :P .)

"A I was born in the suburbs and B I'm not," Shane told him before she suddenly felt a bump on her shoulder as they passed by a horse. When she turned to look at him, startled, he had his chestnut head up high and his ears were flicking back and forth.

(ok just say it when you think of one :) )

"I see you met our own little jailbird. I don't know why we own him...he doesn't really like anyone!"

Shane raised an eyebrow,"Jailbird?" She watched the horse as his nostrils flared slightly, the creature trying to take in her scent from where he was. Apparently it didn't work so he stretched his neck out towards her, ears flicked back slightly. Shane just froze where she was, watching the horse.

He laughs, "Yeah he always misbehaves around everyone, but he seems to have taken a liking to you. Go on touch him."

The horse seemed to look at her like he was saying,"Well, you gonna do it?" Shane nodded slightly and extended her hand out slowly, running her fingers down the crooked blaze on his face. The horse snorted, which caused her to yelp and stumbled back slightly.

(All I can think of is Rebel and that is too boring, haha!)

(Why not Zimbabwe? Lol I had a stuffed bear named that once he had really long arms xD I miss him )

Michael laughed and caught her before she fell. "careful there, cupcake."

(Yeah! She could call him Zimba or Zimmie, haha!)

Shane shot him a quick glare. "Would you just quit calling me that?" She snapped with a sigh before looking at the horse, who bobbed his head before stretching his neck out again.

Shane looked at the horse for a minute before reaching her hand over again and stroking down his face a few times. The horse flicked his ears forward and let out a quiet nicker. "What's his name?" She asked him, a small smile on her face.

"We call him zimbabwe," Michael answers still intently staring at them, "Is this the first time you've been near a horse?"

"That's a mouthful," Shane thought out loud, her mind clearly more on the horse than the conversation, her smile slowly getting bigger as she watched the horse relax under her touch. She nodded to answer his question. "Yeah... or animals, pretty much... aside from dogs, cats, and fish... the usual," she told him after a moment.

"Well he seems to taken a liking to you and you have taken a liking to him, eh?" he laughs, "you are a natural."

Shane flushed a little, slightly embarrassed by the fact that she had taken a liking to the horse. "Yeah, I guess I have," she said quietly, moving her hand to Zimbabwe's neck.

Shane's eyes widened at what he asked. "R-Ride him?" She repeated, her nerves suddenly coming back. Zimbabwe raised his head, sensing her nerves and not liking it.

"I can teach you how to ride a horse, after we get back from shopping later if that is what you want for your side of the deal instead of free time in town?"

Shane sighed, not liking the idea of changing her deal... but not liking the idea of not being able to spend more time with the red horse. "I... I don't know..." She said quietly.

Shane nodded and gave the horse a pat on the neck before walking over to Michael, glancing back at the chestnut who pawed at the ground, apparently not happy that she left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back