• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Runespark OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Heyo peeps, talk and ask questions here-

Last edited:
xAlter xAlter Lilliana2 Lilliana2 YeetBooi YeetBooi Prodigious Mage Prodigious Mage
Thanks for joining, I'll read over everyone's sheets today and suggest where edits may be needed but from quick reads and memories it's only back story that makes a tiny problem.

Even so everyone has made decent characters and I can't wait to throw them into the thick of shit

lunar_moth lunar_moth xAlter xAlter YeetBooi YeetBooi Lilliana2 Lilliana2 Prodigious Mage Prodigious Mage Naria Naria
Glad everyone has posted we have enough players to start but I'd like to wait a tad more for potential players to post non runeborn characters.

You are welcome to double as a warrior/Rune-master/assassin hired to help the runeborn if you like.

While we wait I thought I'd go over some of the lore for Ayore and runes.

Runes appear naturally in the ground and inside monsters.
For example
You could dig around in the sand at the beach and find a orange rune of healing,
You could find a purple rune forming in a jungle near poisonous flora,
Blue runes fall from the sky during heavy rainfall or found growing in lakes/ocean

It's odd but not impossible to find runes of any sort in a place that doesn't suit but generally the environment effects what runes form.
As in a dark purple rune of gravity sunbaking at the beach is rare to find/see but not impossible

Monsters are more straightforward, if a monster has magic then a rune is inside of them somewhere. The biggest/strongest/dangerous monsters have more potent runes inside of them.

For example
Killing a pack of fire wolves might get you a bunch of red runes
but the rune from a dragon has much more magic in it

Can you create a rune?
Nope, runes form in the wild. The closest one could get to making a rune is the rituals held to make the Runeborn because they are able to regenerate the flavour of magic their heart is.

Monsters and runeborn can use their magic over and over
All other runes have limited uses.

Orange runes are up there as important and expensive aha

Its the colour blind people who suffer in Ayore

"Fireball!!"
*throws green rune that does nothing*
"Dammit not again!!"

Don't think anyone chose that flaw luckily

Anything you see on Morgan that needs fixing or adjusting?

Mainly In the backstory it mentions multiple rituals happened but there would only be the one. That ritual put into one sentence is
"Cut out baby/toddler heart and put a rune in its place"

The physically inept/no stamina part is fine but I'd like to think with ten years of training she got some sort of muscle and endurance aha
The six/seven to survive the ordeal wouldn't become frail from the process.

Pain and aches could come from using the magic but physically becoming weaker wouldn't happen. More likely to gain a slight buff from having a magic heart pumping blood for you

Sounds good so far. Do you have like a sample list of all the colours of runes there are/what they do, just for reference ? Though I assume we'll figure it out as we play too so a list isn't imperative

Sounds good so far. Do you have like a sample list of all the colours of runes there are/what they do, just for reference ? Though I assume we'll figure it out as we play too so a list isn't imperative
For the most part you can make it up as you go but what's established so far
Red = Fire
Orange = healing
Blue = water
Yellow = thunder
Brown = dirt
Green = foilage/nature
Purple = poison
Black = shadows/darkness
Dark purple = gravity
Cyan blue = ice

As there Is so many types of magic some runes will be the same colour but a different shade if you get me
Like purple being poison and dark purple being gravity/telekinesis

So I just want to make sure that my character sheet is halfway okay - I wrote it quickly on my phone while on public transit because I wanted a spot in this RP ;)

Let me know if any corrections need to be made, I don't want to screw with your lore NeonFlow NeonFlow

Nothing wrong that I can see

feel free to post in the rp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back