Other Roleplay Pet peeves

Funnily enough I have run into the exact opposite problem. Where the GM was so obsessed with their own narrative that they refused to let anyone else have a say in the story.

You were basically their personal ghost writer for the fanfic they had already pre-written in their head and you better be happy about that.

By no means a good way to write but now I kinda wonder what kind of chaos would ensue if one of those hyper controlling types met one of the spotlight stealers.

It would be some kind of drama and I think at least amusing to watch from an outside perspective.
I honestly wouldn't find it amusing at all.
I would just feel incredibly sad for both of them.

Funnily enough I have run into the exact opposite problem. Where the GM was so obsessed with their own narrative that they refused to let anyone else have a say in the story.

You were basically their personal ghost writer for the fanfic they had already pre-written in their head and you better be happy about that.

By no means a good way to write but now I kinda wonder what kind of chaos would ensue if one of those hyper controlling types met one of the spotlight stealers.

It would be some kind of drama and I think at least amusing to watch from an outside perspective.
I left an RP for that because it felt like a fanfic to me, but yes there’s other reasons though what you wrote is the biggest factor.

Last edited:
I left an RP for that because it felt like a fanfic to me, but yes there’s other reasons though what you wrote is the biggest factor.

Oh I have left multiple roleplays for that reason or honestly had people leave themselves because they realized RP wasn’t the right medium for what they wanted to write.

But yeah it’s usually a few different things that pile up together but the “this is a fanfic” feeling is usually the biggest red flag of the lot.

Oh I have left multiple roleplays for that reason or honestly had people leave themselves because they realized RP wasn’t the right medium for what they wanted to write.

But yeah it’s usually a few different things that pile up together but the “this is a fanfic” feeling is usually the biggest red flag of the lot.
Sorry to hear, buddy, and the randomness of the RP killed my soul just as adding too many ‘joke characters’ made it unbearable as well as the questionable writing.

Starting to get annoyed with the 'Honeymoons Over' phase again. This has 2 stages of annoy me.

Int CHK is poppin. Lots of rpers want to join. OOC ans Cs thread goes up.

Stage 1 annoy me: Rpers make charries and then just outta no where ghost. This is esp annoying when GMs have limited specific roles or max number of rpers < 5. Cuz they just turned away a bunch more that have now moved on. This is why I'm loathe to pre plan as a rper now. Seems like they get off on making a new charrie then just get out lol

Stage 2 annoy me: the initial rush and hype of 'new RP smell' ends and people start making excuses for not posting or just ghosting outright. Like a lot of times this one can't be helped cuz irl is more important. But you others, pls stop it.

I call this segment of rpers: Serial Quitters. Y'all know who you are lol. Pls don't join if you can't commit to rps when the int CHK explicitly states the RP desires commitment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back