Other Roleplay Pet peeves

A bit of a minor one which I know is a bit more specific to me but. I think clothes are a very underutilized means of characterization. Also it helps a ton with visualization. Sure, I know what sort of build they have and what their hair looks like, but like 70-90% of the body is covered with clothes. "A shirt" or "And pants" isn't enough! I know not many people have terminology to describe such but best effort would be appreciated. What colors are they wearing, are there patterns, brands, movie or brand representations or logos? It's such a good avenue to describe a character on a subtle level I think a lot of people miss out on.
Oh totally - and you never know when describing something like that can eventually come up later in the story. Like I happened to specify that my character had a thick sweater, and my partner had her character go and steal it because it was soft. XD These things come up in strange ways, and it's always useful to have more objects at your disposal to tell a story with, and to foster interaction with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back