• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy RedStone - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Yours is the lizardman with the raygun and the force field who can make weapons out of thin air and is completely unkillable right

well harloteck himself IS killable

its cars (the larso) that's the unkillable one, well unkillable as longs there ramalite core has power

Oh so it's his pet that's unkillable makes sense since the power stone in the chest did seem like painting a target on your back from step 1
So where are all the other lizardmen anyway like do they usually do shardhunting work or are they mostly accountants

the larazit do a lot of shardhunting, since they need them to power the larso resurrection powers, they also uses ramalite, as a spice for foods, along with needing it for there "rayguns" and shields,

its mostly the task of the older larazit the ones that have control over a few hundred well trained larso, the only ones that go shardhunting with fewer than that are cooks as not only are they collecting shards there also there to collect whatever creatures might lurk in the area as it would make a excellent meal

So people in the setting have to worry about having to randomly contend with multiple platoons of undying battle-lizards and their gun-toting lizardman handlers whenever they go shardhunting?
Man, the stakes just got a lot higher

Yeah, I'm not really on board with this either, and not just for that reason. That's just one of many warning flags that CS has pulled up for me

yeah i can change things if you wish, im not against fixing it up

i can just remove the whole second species if you want me too or reduce the numbers drastically?

Honestly I think it adds to the setting having roving tribes of heavily-armed demihumans ambushing people in addition to all the other hazards
Though I do kinda question what purpose the Larso really serve here since, going by the CS, they seem to have advanced magitech but are also basically attack dogs that need a handler to wrangle them? Like, are they some kind of precursor meat robots or do they serve an ecological niche unto themselves and this is a symbiotic relationship? I'm curious as to where you're going with this

Let's just say it doesn't give me high hopes for you as an RPer in general. I'll stop myself now before I say anything I may regret.

(If you REALLY want to hear more, you can PM me about it, but beware: It's brutal)

first of all thanks for supporting the idea :D and secondly

the idea was it is symbiotic relationship with the larazit due to the massive size of larazit many jobs they are incapable of doing the construction of there rayguns and shield is done by the larso most writing is also done by them as well cooking is exclusively done the the larazit but many other jobs are done by the larso in return they the larazit train them so they have a chance to actually live pass there first few years and the core that are installed inside them allow them to servive fatal

I don't necessarily like it, because lizards in their own right are a very pretentious and picky species. While there isn't much description about how the lizardmen survive or live, I imagine they live in a semi-arid swamp-like area which is in low quantity in the world map depending on how you view it. I see it as there is no possible way that large armies of these things can exist without internal problems coming out from every corner.

Honestly I think it adds to the setting having roving tribes of heavily-armed demihumans ambushing people in addition to all the other hazards
Though I do kinda question what purpose the Larso really serve here since, going by the CS, they seem to have advanced magitech but are also basically attack dogs that need a handler to wrangle them? Like, are they some kind of precursor meat robots or do they serve an ecological niche unto themselves and this is a symbiotic relationship? I'm curious as to where you're going with this
I don't disagree with you that it does increase the tension by having moving variables in an environment where conditions and timing is everything, but it's akin to a game developer adding an enemy that solely hunts down the player for no particular reason besides creating stress and tension. It comes off as crude and really out of touch.

(Not to say we can't or shouldn't discuss it or anything, but hold off on actual actions until the GM's actually awake and gets a say on this)

ok sounds good to me, but yeah i think i should probably change some things, its more or less the race itself that seems to be the problem, but aside form that what do you think of harloteck himself anything wrong with the actual character you guys might have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back