• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Realm of Vardisso

augmentedspartan said:
Almost done with my character. I do have another question though. Since there seems to be a rock paper scissors kinda deal with the three first elements, how would dark/light magic interact with water, fire and nature? Is light and dark magic weaker or stronger than other three elements or are they equal?
They are on par with each other.

Welp I just read through the overveiw and im loving the concept. If ya dont mind im going to being working on an Earth character :0

Average said:
Question. Are we restricted in the items that characters from Earth start with?
At the start, yes. However, the characters are able to pick up and use whatever it is that they may find within Vardisso.

Reinhardt said:
At the start, yes. However, the characters are able to pick up and use whatever it is that they may find within Vardisso.
What items are we not allowed to have?

@Reinhardt I'm considering joining, but not entirely committed right now. Just thought I'd ask, is there a a loose ratio of Earth:Vardisso character's that you would like?

I'd also like to check with you, if I was making an Earthling, I was considering making a soldier or hunter. I'm checking because I kinda dislike it when someone drops a trained soldier into an RP that doesn't overly require one. But I was thinking that, given the sort of war/political themes in this RP, it might be interesting to have someone with a modern rifle but no intention to kill random people being 'courted' by someone who was investing in politics and would like him/her to help assassinate some key rulers.

Ironrot said:
@Reinhardt I'm considering joining, but not entirely committed right now. Just thought I'd ask, is there a a loose ratio of Earth:Vardisso character's that you would like?
At least 1:2

Ironrot said:
I'd also like to check with you, if I was making an Earthling, I was considering making a soldier or hunter. I'm checking because I kinda dislike it when someone drops a trained soldier into an RP that doesn't overly require one. But I was thinking that, given the sort of war/political themes in this RP, it might be interesting to have someone with a modern rifle but no intention to kill random people being 'courted' by someone who was investing in politics and would like him/her to help assassinate some key rulers.
Sure, creating a soldier from earth is fine, however, he will be hindered by the lack of bullets in Vardisso. If he rans out of them, he won't be able to get any replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey. I'd love to join you guys. A friend of mine referred me here. I've never done forum rp before, though I have some experience with 5e d&d.

Efajigaloop said:
Hey. I'd love to join you guys. A friend of mine referred me here. I've never done forum rp before, though I have some experience with 5e d&d.
No need to worry, forum rps are much easier to pull off compared to tabletop.

Reinhardt said:
No need to worry, forum rps are much easier to pull off compared to tabletop.
Thanks! Have a character concept of a dark element magical adept/rogue type character, but wasn't exactly sure what dark magic will be like. Is it more darkness, shadow step, invis kind of thing, or more evil stuff like reanimation and necrotic damage?

Efajigaloop said:
Thanks! Have a character concept of a dark element magical adept/rogue type character, but wasn't exactly sure what dark magic will be like. Is it more darkness, shadow step, invis kind of thing, or more evil stuff like reanimation and necrotic damage?
Both would fall under it.

I'm chasing up another RP or two, but I may join in that time.

By the way, is there a story planned?

Are we gonna start it soon? Since Average's character is the only Earth character, it seems like he could act as sort of the "main character" so to speak, in the sense that he brings everybody together. Is this gonna be the kind of RP where our characters are journeying together and fighting a common enemy or fighting against each other? (since we have 1 character from each empire and 1 earth right now so that forms a pretty nice balance)(sorry for all the questions, I'm a bit new to this)

[QUOTE="Orion Pax](sorry for all the questions, I'm a bit new to this)

[/QUOTE]
No need to apologize, questioning is necessary for clarification and better understanding.

[QUOTE="Orion Pax]Are we gonna start it soon?

[/QUOTE]
Well, as I've posted before, the rp will start monday next week. That would be March 7 in my time, GMT +8.

[QUOTE="Orion Pax]Is this gonna be the kind of RP where our characters are journeying together and fighting a common enemy or fighting against each other?

[/QUOTE]
That is to be decided by your character's actions. Of course, at first, they will have their own goals and intents, but if they were to band together, or to go against one another - that is all up to you.

[QUOTE="Orion Pax](since we have 1 character from each empire and 1 earth right now so that forms a pretty nice balance)

[/QUOTE]
We have 2 from earth currently, and I'm working on a character from the Eitszal Federation, though not one with any fierce loyalties to it.

Red Thunder] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/9608-reinhardt/ said:
@Reinhardt[/URL], do you need another Earthing or a Vardissan character? I'm comfortable making either. If you still have space that is.
The question that should be asked here is 'what do you want?'. It is not the amount of x or y characters that is important, rather, it is the enjoyment of the rp. We're still open, don't worry.

Ironrot said:
I was thinking id make an earthling so why dont you make a vardissian? Unless you really want to be an earthling.
Works for me. I've an idea for a Dark Magic assassin-in-training, if that works for Rein.

I will, incidentally, make and post a CS tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
RP has finally began!

Just a note before you head in:

- You are allowed to generate and control NPCs as long as they are not listed in the Neutral Characters Tab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back