• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Protectors

Tig looked at Mina carefully. She should tell the truth. "I'm from the edge of the city," she finally answered. She knew it was clear that that was where the Protectors lived, but she wasn't going to comfirm that she was a Protector. She heard the voice in her head agian. "How do you know Hunter? Never mind! What do you mean your not the one I need to worry about." she asked it.

"I've always wanted to see the edge of town." Mina admitted to Tig. She looked back at the coffee place and saw that it was almost empty. "What kind of coffee do you like, or anything that can be bought from a coffee place anyway?" She asked, gesturing to the shop. "My treat." She told the other girl, as movement from the rooftops caught her eye.

Luna looked over the city seeing how beautiful it looked, but she couldn't stay on the roof forever. Luna made her way back down and out to the streets once again.

Tig shrugged, "What ever you suggest. I don't know which types of coffee are good," she said queitly. Her eyes scanned the street almost carelessly.

Kydlin continued down the street spotting the shop she was heading for. It was a tiny bakery. She gave a small smile and walked in. The shop owner was a large jolly old man who recognized her immediantly. He waved at her then bent down to pick up a cake from the fridge.

Hunter walked unto the city warily. Why did Tig always have to cause trouble? He kept an eye out for Decimators or anyone else that would want to cause trouble.

Mina stroked her chin, pretending to be thinking it through as she lead the way to the shop. She stopped outside the door, holding it open for Tig. She looked over the girl, but she couldn't really get a read on her.

"Do you like sweet or bitter things?" Mina asked with a smile.

Azure hurried forward a bit as he saw Kydlin enter a shop, but he accidentally ran into a girl just emerging onto the street(Luna). He stepped back, rubbing his chest where he ran into her shoulder.

"Ah, sorry. Are you okay?" He asked her.

Luna looked at the guy she bumped into. "Uh ya, I'm fine." Luna said. Her stomach then growled a bit. 'Great.' Luna thought sarcastically.

Tig walked in thanking Mina. "It usally depends on my mood. Right now I feeling for something sweet." She answered.

Ooc: sorry had to make it short in math class right now. Heeh

Mina smiled and walked over to the counter. She scanned the menu then looked to the server.

"A cafe au lait and and eiskaffee, please." She ordered, putting the money on the counter. A minute later, she turned round, two coffees in her hand and smiled at Tig, offering her the eiskaffee. "Coffee, ice cream, and sugar." She told her, taking a sip of her own drink. She looked around and spied a table, and sat at it, having a nice view of the park across the street. She liked this city.

Azure glanced down at the rumbling sound. It made him think of how hungry he was. He glanced at where Kydlin had gone. A bakery huh? He gently cleared his throat to get the girl's attention, then pointed to the bakery with his thumb.

"There's a food shop if you have money. Or any thieving skills." He added the last part as a joke, but he was all too aware of his empty pocket.

The guy gently cleared his throat, then pointed to the bakery with his thumb. "There's a food shop if you have money. Or any thieving skills." He said, and added the last part as what seemed to be a joke. Luna looked over at the bakery shop. She could catch the scent of it and it smelt great. "Ya, I suppose that does sound good." Luna said. She checked in her pocket and was able to pull out a $20.

Azure looked at her face for a second, then recognition hit him like a brick.

"Luna?" He asked, then nodded. "Luna, sorry I should have recognised you earlier. I can't believe I didn't!" Azure gave a small chuckle, then aimed a charming smile at Luna. "Anyway, bakery, right?"

Tig nodded her thanks to the girl, "This is good!" she said after taking a gaint gulp of her drink. She sighed and looked out at the city. It was pretty. Not as pretty as the woods though. If Hunter could only understand that she needed some space from time to time! "Why are you being so nice?" Tig looked back at the girl.

Hunter kept close to the edge of the sidewalk. He looked around almost tiredly for Tig. The sun was starting to lower in the sky. If he didn't find Tig so, he would just have to leave her out here and he would have to go and take care of the battle party. Why did she have to be so difficult!?

Kydlin reached for change in her pocket and pulled out some change. "Thank you so much! Hunter will really appreciate this," she said taking the small cake. The baker nodded kindly. "Its no trouble to me. Wish him a happy birthday for me tomorrow!" he said. Kydlin grinned and nodded."I will!"

"Azure? Man I can't believe I didn't recognize you ether, hehe." Luna said and placed a hand behind her head. "And right bakery, I'm starving."

Mina shrugged, taking another sip of her coffee. She didn't want to scare this girl away when she didn't even know her name. And even if she didn't get scared off, she still might be a Protector, and starting even a friendship with one of them wouldn't be good.

"Can't I just help a nervous looking stranger?" She asked, a smile playing on her lips. She noticed the sun going down and felt a pang of guilt in her stomach. Crowne would be looking for her. Still, she shrugged it off and pointed to an apartment across the street. "You see that window, in the next few minutes, a cat's going to come out." She told Tig. She came here everyday, and the cat always came out around sun down.

"If you can get me something, I can pay you back at the camp." He told her with a wink, walking towards the shop. He pushed open the door and froze as he remembered that Kydlin was in there. She wouldn't be mad that they were in the city right. He looked across at the cake she was taking. Was there going to be a party?

Selene spotted Blake walking with his new apprentice. She jogged over, tapping him on the shoulder as got close enough.

"Hey Blake, hey new kid." She waved slightly at them both. "We're going on a mission tonight, covert. Want to join in, Blake?" She asked.

"I guess I could buy you something." Luna said ignoring his wink. "But you better pay me back or your gonna be sleeping in zero degree weather." Luna said smirking as her neon blue eyes gave a slight glow. Luna tried not to fangirl at the sight of all the treats.

Azure smiled at her response, and stepped in, deciding that the delicious looking food would be worth the risk of a scolding by Kydlin. There wasn't too much left after the day, but a few cakes and bread rolls sat on the display waiting to be bought. He leaned back and watched Luna, waiting to see what she'd chose.

"I'll take three large cookies, two chocolate chip and one sugar, and the medium box of brownies." Luna said not caring how much she ate, she'd burn it off in 5 seconds. "That's $10.28." The man said and put them in a bag. "Your turn." Luna said to Azure.

Azure resisted the urge to laugh while noting how cheap the prices were. If he ate that much he'd throw up. He looked around and picked up the nearest cupcake. It had dark blue icing swirled on top of it, and it was topped with a white chocolate star. He put it on the counter and shrugged.

"Just this, I guess." He told the man and Luna.

"Alright that's $1.90" The man said. Luna gave the baker the money. "Sweet now where to?" Luna said pulling out one of the cookies and began to eat it.

Kydlin glanced over feeling a slight recognition to the voice from beside her. Her eyes narrowed as she saw Luna and Azure. "What are you two doing out here?! Don't you know how dangerous it is in the city?" she asked shaking her head.

Tig watched the window and smiled when a cat came out. "You come here a lot then?" She asked watching the cat stretch out its front paws then flop down. Her eyes flickered back over to the girl, but she couldn't help noticing the sun was going down.

Hunter looked up as he heard a meow above him. A cat had just come out to bask in the sun. He frowned for a moment and looked around. He was keeping in the shadows, but that didn't make a difference he was bound to be spotted.

Azure opened his mouth to answer Luna's question when Kydlin's questions. He picked up his cupcake and started to peel the case off.

"You're here." He pointed out, and took a bite, cringing slightly at how sweet it was. He glanced at Luna, confused at how she could eat all she'd bought, the looked at the cake in Kydlin's arms. "What's the cake for?" He asked.

Mina smiled and nodded. She took another drink from her cup and looked out at the cat, her eyes falling on the man under it. He seemed slightly familiar.

"I live nearby, and the coffee's good." Mina explained, she swirled the drink in her cup and stared down at it. "It's not like home's very good, you know."

"Um, ya I know it's dangerous." Luna said slowly. "I'm not 5, I can take care of myself." Luna growled slightly.

Kydlin scowled at the two. "If your not five then don't act like it!" she retorted to Luna. At Azure's question she looked down at the cake realizing she still had it. With a sigh she said, "It's Hunter's birthday tomorrow. Everyone always forgets and I jist thought I would get him something," she felt her cheeks go a bit red.

Tig followed Mina's eyes going wide. Hunter was survaying the street just across from them. Tig shook her head and leaned back in her seat praying he wouldn't notice her. "I understand, sometimes you just need a break from all the stress," Tig said in annoyied agreement. She watched Hunter out of the corner of her eye

"How am I acting like I'm five?" Luna mumbled and sighed in frustration. "I'm gonna leave and go somewhere else, I don't care if it's night anyway. You can come if you want." Luna said quietly to Azure.

Tohoak said:
Tig nodded her thanks to the girl, "This is good!" she said after taking a gaint gulp of her drink. She sighed and looked out at the city. It was pretty. Not as pretty as the woods though. If Hunter could only understand that she needed some space from time to time! "Why are you being so nice?" Tig looked back at the girl.
SecretRock said:
Mina shrugged, taking another sip of her coffee. She didn't want to scare this girl away when she didn't even know her name. And even if she didn't get scared off, she still might be a Protector, and starting even a friendship with one of them wouldn't be good.
"Can't I just help a nervous looking stranger?" She asked, a smile playing on her lips. She noticed the sun going down and felt a pang of guilt in her stomach. Crowne would be looking for her. Still, she shrugged it off and pointed to an apartment across the street. "You see that window, in the next few minutes, a cat's going to come out." She told Tig. She came here everyday, and the cat always came out around sun down.
SecretRock said:
Mina smiled and nodded. She took another drink from her cup and looked out at the cat, her eyes falling on the man under it. He seemed slightly familiar.
"I live nearby, and the coffee's good." Mina explained, she swirled the drink in her cup and stared down at it. "It's not like home's very good, you know."
Tohoak said:
Tig followed Mina's eyes going wide. Hunter was survaying the street just across from them. Tig shook her head and leaned back in her seat praying he wouldn't notice her. "I understand, sometimes you just need a break from all the stress," Tig said in annoyied agreement. She watched Hunter out of the corner of her eye
Sonter had followed the girls from above, even noticing as Mina spotted him, but he stayed out of her head for the time being. As they entered the coffee shop, Sonter watched as Hunter approached, the older man meant that Sonter could make things interesting, and that's what he did. "Hey old man, I know where your charge is, make it worth my while?" Sonter spoke into Hunters head as he ran at super speed into the coffee shop, idly sitting at the two girls' table, "yes, stress, it takes many a form. Sorry to break your lovely little romantic tension, but I'm finally at a crossroad, and I believe this one is going to help me find which way to go,"

As Sonter finished speaking he gestured to Tig, resting his Mask-Covered chin on his hand. "And before you ask, none of these people care about my getup, they mostly think I'm a street performer or something like that"

Mina was uncomfortable with the man watching them from the rooftops, she couldn't stand him sitting with them. She looked around and he was right, no one cared about his costume, though the server, Brian if she remembered right, was suddenly curious as to where he'd come from. Mina looked at him and smiled politely, then picked up her cup and threw the contents at him, labelling him an 'ass' as she did so.

"They care now." She told him in a whisper as all the heads turned in their direction.

Azure looked between Kydlin and Luna, trying to swallow the oh-so-sweet cupcake. He didn't really want to go back to camp, but with night falling and Decimators possibly anywhere he didn't quite like the city now. He knew from experience that it became a very seedy place after dark. He looked at Kydlin, half hoping that she'd stop them , then looked to Luna.

"Sounds fun." He told her with a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back