• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: Unova (Roleplay Thread)

Date: July 9th, 12:30.
Character: Alexis.

She was unaware of the stranger who was on their way to her location, and instead continued to attempt to contact the spirits. Her Umbreon seemed to get distracted by... Something and began running around in circles, akin to a dog chasing it's tail. Alexis, on the other hand, focused. Unfortunately, as the spirits laughed at her pitiful attempt to get help, her lost, confused aura turned to one of sadness, and she sighed, sitting down on the ground with a dejected whimper. "I... Thought you would be of guidance... I'm... A lost wanderer in this world... I have no purpose... I... Only ask for guidance in this world."

She spoke, her voice wavering, as if she were about to crack. Fortunately, her Umbreon noticed and so instead decided to nuzzle up to her, trying to comfort her. As Reggie arrived, she didn't even notice his presence, her aura-related abilities being all out of wack due to her own emotions getting in the way. As the spirits went silent, she grew concerned, pulling up her hood and almost cowering. She didn't even hear him the first time, and only noticed his presence when he squealed and became frightened by her Umbreon, who arched it's back and growled at him, trying to protect it's trainer.

Alexis sighed and put a hand on Allure's back, trying to calm the dark type. She stood up and brushed herself off, trying to maintain composure. "W-who are y-you? I-if you've c-come to ask the spirits for g-guidance, t-they're n-not b-being very helpful. T-they... Refuse to speak to me..." She stuttered, her voice again close to breaking, yet she somehow found the strength to continue. "Y-you... Shouldn't be a-afraid of Allure h-here... S-she w-wouldn't kill a man if h-her life depended on it. Y-you sh-should worry a-about the... O-other spirits..." She continued, trying to hide her face as much as possible. Whether it was from shame, fear, or general lack of social ability, she certainly struggled to convey her thoughts.

Reginald Valerias1715386252424.png
Date: July 9
Interactions: Alexis
Mentions: N/A
Frostecs_Lianuac Frostecs_Lianuac
WCS Rank: 60,082

Pokemon Team:
Gordon the Primeape
Emeric the Shiny Haunter
Bob the Shedinja
Large Marge the Drifblim
Elvira the Munna
Legion the Basculegion (red)

When Reggie first saw the woman, she looked absolutely dejected from something. The Umbreon hissing at him did nothing to quell his fear of the Dark-Type, but they did evolve through having a good friendship with their trainer. Which meant they were obviously going to be protective.

Trying to keep his composure as Alexis spoke, his eyes widened as she gave him some key pieces of information. He put a finger on his chin, tapping it idly as he began to think. Her attempts to assuage his fears about the Umbreon didn't really work as planned, as she had a strange emphasis to 'kill a man' that made his skin crawl. Still, he cleared his throat to try again.

"Sorry for spookin' ya. I'm Reginald Valerias, but you can just call me Reggie." He smiled, bowing with an arm over his stomach and leaning forward. Even his Haunter bowed in a similar fashion, his body glittering in the light and his tongue a shiny blue instead of red. "This is my partner, Emeric the Haunter. My parents are the leading experts of the supernatural - both Ghost-Type Pokemon and legitimate spirits - within the Unova region. I'm here because my landlady suspects one of the Ghost-Type Pokemon that were living in the home she's likely gonna sell to me is in this area. She wants me to make sure it's not going to cause too much of a ruckus outside of its home." The Valerias family was very well known around the Unova region depending on what niche or circle you found yourself in. They were seen as the quellers of spirits and exorcisers of malignant entities.

Once the introductions were down, he continued. "Now, if you're too frightened to, you don't need to tell me your name. You mentioned the spirits refuse to speak to you. Did you see anything? How did you try and communicate with them?" His tone was calm, intonation just slow enough where he's not bombarding her with questions or sounding demanding, but not so slow where she's patronizing her, hoping to calm her down enough to speak further.

Date: July 9th.
Character: Alexis.

After introducing himself, Alexis took a few moments of silence, processing his words in her head, and trying to regain composure. She attempted to calm herself, and only managed to do so after great difficulty. It didn't take a psychic to realize she was not just awful with people, but generally felt uncomfortable around other people. However, despite her difficulties, she managed to choke out her own name. "A-Alexis... Alexis V-von Lichester... I-I... Don't worry about it. I'm... Not good around people." Based on her title, she was possibly an important person, and if Reggie knew anything about history, her surname might prove familiar, once being of a long line of psychics that eventually just vanished from the history books. Until now. The appearance of a Von Lichester after her bloodline was thought to have died off was certainly peculiar.

"A-ahh... M-my family was... Also affiliated with spirits... I-I... Am the last of my line... I-I have a great affinity with... What you'd call the supernatural... It's my specialty, actually..." She spoke in a quiet voice. Once her Umbreon was certain that Reggie wasn't of any harm, she decided to nuzzle up next to the psychic. As a support animal, it's only natural for her to try and help sooth the frazzled nerves of her trainer. "I... Can't say I've heard of anything so far... If there was a dangerous spirit around, it c-certainly hasn't bothered me. G-granted... I've only started on my journey recently." She spoke, very slowly calming down. At least she wasn't so defensive now. "She comes from a very sheltered... Umm... Household, yep! She was only allowed to go on her journey a few months ago!" The Umbreon spoke, using a form of area telepathy to project her thoughts to the beings around her, rather than a specific person.

Once asked why she was trying to commune with the spirits, Alexis froze, as if shocked that such a question would be asked. Once the initial shock passed, she sighed as she shakily stood up, brushing off her robes. "
I was... Seeking guidance, from the... Departed... I've felt... Lost... Directionless... I was... Hoping the spirits would be able to guide me, as they sometimes do..." She spoke quietly. Once she was stood and a better look could be seen from her, her pendant was truly something special, as were the markings on her robes. Perhaps she was part of some sort of secret religious sect, or a hidden group? It was certainly a sensitive topic, as once she realized her pendant was in full view, she gasped quietly and quickly hid it underneath her robes as if scared to show it. "Err... Ahh, right... Communication... I... Attempted to channel the spirits, using a ritual that's been in my family for... Generations... Typically, it... Works... The spirits usually at least have the courtesy to... Listen to us... But not now... They... Refused entirely..."

Reginald Valerias1715476356766.png

Pokemon Team:
Gordon the Primeape
Emeric the Shiny Haunter
Bob the Shedinja
Large Marge the Drifblim
Elvira the Munna

Was she okay? This woman seemed very... troubled. She finally said her name her last name sounded quite familiar. Alexis von Lichester...

He swore he heard about his parents talking about that specific family... From what he could remember, the Lichesters were a well known psychic family who also had their interests in the supernatural.

Apparently, she wasn't good around people, that comment having Reggie make an amused sort of concerned smile her way. He was patient with her, listening as to her connection with the supernatural and the spiritual. He slightly bristled unconsciously as he heard another voice speak, only to realize it was the Umbreon. He looked very confused. A Dark-Type? Using telepathy? He has heard of some Dark-Types doing this, but not Umbreon... Then again, it evolved from an Eevee, who are notorious for having strange genetic weirdness. It was likely this Umbreon evolved with the ability to telepathize, especially given the spiritual start these two had.

It was weird that she didn't get answered by her spirits, and that she didn't sense anything or know of an evil spirit. He hummed, seeing the patterns on her robes and the pendant. He swore he's seen something like this before. But, it was hidden away before he could focus more on it, so he let it go.
"If they refuse, it's likely because there is a malignant entity nearby or a Ghost-Type Pokemon preventing you from gaining their insight. Most Ghost-Type Pokemon can control lost spirits or keep more benevolent spirits from helping others, while also empowering themselves and other evil entities. I don't think it has anything against you. If you weren't able to gain insight, then that means..." He paused as he looked at the Celestial Tower. Standing firmly in place, he placed out his hand and took in a deep breath. When he called out, his Haunter shuddered at the power of his words. To anybody else, they wouldn't see anything, but to anybody who was sensitive to the supernatural, they'd see a strange invisible wave distorting the air around Reggie's hand, causing a stir in the spiritual world and Ghost-Types.

"Spirits of this resting place, heed my words." He paused, feeling out for anything. This usually caused a reaction, but there was none, which was incredibly odd given it was a gravesite. "Guide me to thine strength."

A visible purple mist enshrouded the Celestial Tower as something chortled within, sounding as if it were gloating. Reggie opened his eyes and saw the change. Though, he didn't seem all that startled or shocked, just determined.

"Alexis, this is a gravesite. Normally, when I call upon the spirits here as it is a wonderful training spot for my spiritual training, they should've acted. If they didn't act, it means that there's a strong Ghost-Type here preventing them from reacting and using them for power. I need to save these spirits, as they are being enslaved by this Ghost-Type." He looked back at her, then at her Umbreon. "While I do have an irrational fear of Dark-Types, I'm still of sound mind to know that you and your Dark-Type are going to be extremely helpful with the taming of this Ghost-Type. Would you like to help?" He asked, his expression going from his usual happy-go-lucky and calm expression to one of serious determination.

Character: Alexis von Lichester.

She stayed quiet as he spoke, taking in his words with a curious intent. She was still frightened, but he didn't prove to be a threat, so she simply stayed quiet and observed him. She placed her hood back over her head, partially obscuring her face with shadow. As he spoke, she started fiddling with her pendant, as if she had immediately forgotten she was trying to hide it. While small, the symbol of a skeletal dragon certainly had some sort of symbolic meaning, perhaps of some sort of fictional Pokemon, or a being of legends. Either way, it meant a lot to her.

As the purple mist was visible once more and some sort of being laughed at them, she clutched her pendant closer to her chest, as if it were a crucifix and she was attempting to ward off demons. Even Allure became agitated, her fur bristling out like a cat's and her rings glowing brightly, as if she herself was trying to ward off something evil.

"Wh-whatever it is... I-it's likely highly... D-dangerous... A-are y-you certain t-this is such a good idea?" She stuttered, her nervous, withdrawn attitude changing to one of fear. The hostility her Umbreon was expressing certainly didn't help. "I-I don't d-doubt that a g-group c-can d-deal with this, b-but... W-we're j-just two t-trainers... A-and... I-I'm still young. I-I lack th-the proper training! I-I... D-don't think I will b-be of use..." She whimpered, slumping to the ground. Her own doubts clouded her mind, and coupled with her fear, turned to be quite a potent poison, infecting her willpower and her resolve. She clutched her pendant harder, her knuckles turning slightly white, as she took a few deep breaths.

Her Umbreon seemed to side with her, her rings glowing brightly, as well as her eyes, as she attempted telepathy. While it was normally energetic and happy, the hostile vibes from the unidentified ghost type had her on edge, and her protective nature was in overdrive. "As much as we'd like to help... I'm not sure it's safe. What if we get hurt? Or even worse? Killed? I can't let my trainer risk their life in a mission that we might not be able to succeed in!" It cried. It struggled to communicate through telepathy, possibly because Umbreons tended to lack the natural ability, or possibly stress. It spoke in a way similar to a being who didn't speak English as a first language and struggled with pronunciation and such things.

Reginald Valerias1719102141212.png

Pokemon Team:
Gordon the Primeape
Emeric the Shiny Haunter
Bob the Shedinja
Large Marge the Drifblim
Elvira the Munna

Reggie realized that this woman had some serious self esteem issues. He'd have to help her with that... somehow...?

She was fiddling with that pendant she had tried to hide earlier, and he had a better look at it. It didn't look like any Dragon-Type he knew of, nor of any imagery.

Reggie patiently waited for her stuttered speech, eyes watching her and her freaky Umbreon carefully before giving a confident smile. "Hey, I'm here. I'm quite strong and I've been taming Ghost-Types and laying malevolent spirits to rest for a while, and I've sealed a few, too. I also have a whole team of Ghost-Types who can help." He then held out his hand. "And, Allure, you're a Dark-Type. Ghost-Types are naturally afraid of you and would steer clear, and if they attack you, your natural typing resists their attacks. It's just that one that is preventing other ghosts from having their free will." He made a motion at the purple mist around the top of Celestial Tower.

"I know what I'm doing. I'll make sure you two are safe. Right, Emeric?" The Haunter nodded, his blue tongue sticking out to make himself look like a doofus to try and cheer them up. Reggie groaned comically. "I... That's... Why do you look silly when you should inspire confidence in your skills...?"

Emeric laughed, earning an exasperated sigh from Reggie. He shook his head and looked back at Alexis. "Besides, I am confident I can do it alone, but it would be really great if you could come along and help. I assure you, you won't be a burden and I'll make sure you and Allure are unharmed." He said with conviction, voice soft to soothe but powerful to reassure.

Eventually, she let go of her pendant and hit it back beneath her robes, taking deep breaths. She still was incredibly uncertain, but she listened to his words. He certainly had wisdom, and while she certainly didn't feel safe, perhaps he had a point. As long as he did most of the heavy lifting, perhaps she'd be safe? She closed her eyes as she began to meditate briefly upon his words, letting her mind go blank as she forced herself to be calm.

After a few minutes, her eyes opened again, and while still shaky, she figured she might as well give her a chance. She escaped from a near death experience once already, perhaps Arceus was as kind as to not allow her to die so soon. "M-maybe y-you're right... B-but I-I... A-as I'm in training... Y-you'd have to d-deal with the l-larger threat. A-allure has v-very... L-little experience." She replied, her eyes faintly glowing as Allure returned to her ball, in order to gather energy for what is to come. As he held out his hand, she tilted her head quizzically, unsure as to what the gesture meant.

The haunter's antics would have caused her to groan in better times. However, in response, she simply looked away, her confidence in him dropping a bit. "A-are y-you sure that g-ghost is up for the t-task? I-it doesn't seem very... Professional..." She spoke quietly. As if to take her mind off the absolute lack of confidence the Haunter elicited, she checked her bag, pulling an Oran berry out of a side pouch. "I-I'll... A-at least have berries if you n-need healing. I-I... Recently m-made a stop to g-gather some, it's w-what I've lived off of for a w-while." She commented, popping the berry into her mouth.

"J-just know that i-if we die, I-I'll tor-torment you for t-the rest of o-our existence. T-the rest of e-eternity will b-be hell for y-you!" She frowned as she spoke with her mouth full. Seems wherever she came from, table manners weren't something that took priority.

Reginald Valerias1719354758349.png

Pokemon Team:
Gordon the Primeape
Emeric the Shiny Haunter
Bob the Shedinja
Large Marge the Drifblim
Elvira the Munna

Reggie watched as she came around and returned Allure, but Emeric's attempt at trying to cheer her up worked against him. Emeric balked and then his gaze went downcast, disappointed that it did the complete opposite effect. Reggie chuckled, patting the top of his Haunter's head. "Don't worry, I'll make up for any issues you come across. And yes, he's quite professional when the job starts, but he was trying to cheer you up by getting you to smile." He chuckled sheepishly. "But I've been doing this for about five years now. You'll be safe with me." He reassured. He looked at the berries and hummed. "Heyy, you got a Kasib Berry? Helps to lower the damage of super-effective Ghost-type moves and one of my Ghost-Types would surely love to have it just in case. Probably Emeric."

Emeric's eyes widened and he got his act together, this time not acting so goofy. He seemed ready.

The promise of torment had Reggie chuckling. "Uh-huh, well, I don't want my life to turn into an isekai. We won't die, I promise." He smiled wide, then turned around to face the tower. "We ready?" He took a deep breath in and then out, calming his spirit and aura as he readied himself for the encounter ahead. If Alexis could sense it, she would be able to sense a strange calming aura emanating around Reggie, the strength of his will also emanating from him and enveloping his body. During his five years of work, this was probably the reason why he hadn't been possessed or could fight possession. If she could see color of this normally invisible and intangible energy, it would be a soft white.

She sighed quietly as Reggie vouched for his haunter, shaking her head as if she wasn't convinced. "I... Don't have a sense of humour. A-and besides, th-this mission i-isn't a joking matter. W-we need to take this... Seriously." She replied, her eyes beginning to glow again as she gazed at the tower. "I'll trust you... F-for now... B-but you'll b-be held a-accountable if anything d-does happen." She repeated her previous thoughts and adjusted her hood. "Oh, no, I-I don't have anything fancy... J-just basic s-stuff like O-Oran, Aspear, a-and Pecha. I-I j-just gather what I-I need to l-live off of. I-I..." She began to trail off, her mind wandering for a moment before she snapped back to reality.

She gave a look of hesitant determination, still not entirely convinced of her own safety, but still willing to proceed. She simply nodded as he asked if they were ready, rolling up her sleeves in an attempt to seem intimidating to the Pokemon around her. Odd swirling tattoos on her arms faintly glowed with a purple ink, seemingly linked to the glow in her eyes. Whether the swirling markings going up her arms were a natural part of her family's gift or artificial wasn't quite known, however one thing was certain. His enthusiasm was contagious, as while she was internally terrified, something inside her gave the confidence to continue, at least a little. "L-let us get this over with. Y-you'll d-destroy the being who harms the spirits, won't you?" She spoke, trying her best to seem confident, while really it was mainly just a facade to seem less scared and weak.

The energy being emitted from him was certainly noticed by the untrained psychic, but she didn't pay much mind to it. In her eyes, everyone had a faint aura to them, in his case, it was just a lot stronger than with others. Perhaps he simply had the ability to control his own aura? In her own case, much like how her eyes and arm markings were purple, her own aura had a purple tint to it. The aura surrounding her seemed to have some sort of external consciousness to it, as if she had two parts, the spiritual and the physical. Either way, as she approached the tower, her aura flared and she dropped to her knees, clutching her head. "I... Feel it now... The spirits, oppressed in this tower, enslaved by the spiritual being... They... Cry out in pain... I can feel their suffering... They... Beg to be saved..." She spoke in a trancelike tone, her eyes and markings glowing brightly. Any doubts she had were quelled, as her natural affinity and empathetic nature gave her no choice but to do what she could to help. All to free the spirits, of course.

Reginald Valerias1719544485006.png

Pokemon Team:
Gordon the Primeape
Emeric the Shiny Haunter
Bob the Shedinja
Large Marge the Drifblim
Elvira the Munna

Well, she'll just have to see for herself if she didn't seem too keen on trusting him and his Haunter. But the thought that she didn't have any other berries besides the more common ones had him a little disappointed. Oh well, they can handle it without a Kasib Berry.

Reggie looked back to see these strange purple tattoo marks on her arms. What were those? He could sense a strange power emanating from her, and it seemed to be emitted from those tattoos. Though, when she said destroy, he gave her a strange look. "We'll see." He hoped it wouldn't come to that, but sometimes it had to be done. That's when he noticed that she had nearly collapsed. He ran up to her and wrapped his arm around her shoulders to help her up. "If you are too empathic to the spirits' suffering, you or I will have to find a way to help lessen their effects on you. Otherwise, you cannot continue like this and you will become lost and act like the spirits themselves. I need you to be lucid."

Sighing, he looked up at the tower. "If it's a Pokemon though, I will have to call some officials and get the go ahead. Just because I'm essentially a part of an independent business doesn't mean I can go around doing whatever I wanted." With that, he made sure Alexis can even stand before doing anything else.

"Do you need my help lessening the impact of your empathy, or are you good to go?" He asked, his tone serious as he made sure she was alright first and foremost. Even his Haunter looked concerned, giving her quite the look.

Her eyes glowed with a newfound determination when she was asked if she was okay, giving a nod. The suffering of the spirits gave her motivation to keep going. Sure, she was anxious. Sure, she had doubts in her own abilities. But if she felt their suffering, surely it must be worse on them. She took some time to regain her bearings, taking deep breaths to try and maintain self control, and eventually spoke. "We'll be... Fine... I can't let my own... Empathy get in the way, I will manage..." She replied, her tats glowing as brightly as her eyes, as if ignited by a ghostly flame. "I may be... Empathetic, but I've... Learned to control it... When I can... Anticipate it. I'll... Speak about my past when ready, but... I've had to learn to have... Great control over my own emotions." She faked a smile, trying to appear strong in front of Reggie.

"Oh... I... Didn't realize we'd need permission from the officials... I'm fine, as far as things go..." She replied, wobblily standing up. She nearly fell over a few times, but thanks to Reggie and her Umbreon doing her best, she managed to stand again. She looked at Reggie with more strength than she had showed. "I may be... Weak physically, but... Spiritually, I can be strong, when I need to be... We can't let them suffer any longer... This is a place for spirits to rest, this isn't right..." She spoke, a hint of anger in her voice. As they lingered, she became more and more sympathetic to the plight of the spirits. She certainly showed signs of struggling with her own empathy, but she was determined to do what she could. She didn't want to just hang around and hope things get better. She NEEDED to do something.

Reginald Valerias1720036919782.png

Pokemon Team:
Gordon the Primeape
Emeric the Shiny Haunter
Bob the Shedinja
Large Marge the Drifblim
Elvira the Munna

Reggie gave her a skeptical look, but other than that he did believe her. He just wasn't so sure if that was safe. "I understand you don't want it to get in the way, but I have a way of suppressing it briefly so it doesn't affect you as badly." He paused, then sighed as he relented. "Fine, just be careful. Expect it the entire time we're near and inside."

He helped her stand up, making sure she can stand on her own before letting go. "Yes, alright then. Let's go." He can hear the anger in her voice, and using emotion against already emotionally raw creatures was like using fire to beat fire. Still, it had its merits.

Reggie led the way into the Celestial Tower, his shiny Haunter disappearing into Reggie's shadow. Here, his spiritual pressure was a bit stronger, actively fighting against the spiritual pressure of whatever was in here. It felt oppressing, and the once reverent grave site looked more bleak and dreary. Haunting sounds of suffering spirits could clearly be heard by them, and Reggie was able to see them all a little too clearly. Spirits of humans and Ghost-Type Pokemon alike suffering from this strange thing at the top of the tower.

Reggie hummed. "Alright, as we ascend, we'll have to fight some Ghost-Type Pokemon. Umbreon are naturally resistant to Ghost-Type attacks and have a greater bulk than other Eeveelutions. Essentially, they are a wonderful bulky wall, even if they aren't as experienced as their fighters. Which was why I was actually glad you have an Umbreon, despite my irrational fear of Dark-Types."

He looked back at her, giving her a confident smile. "I'm sure you and Allure will be fine. Too bad I don't have a Normal-Type. It would make this a little easier." He sighed, shaking his head. "Oh well. Let's go." He continued on, passing through the first floor with ease. Nothing stopped them. The pressure got harsher on the second floor as they ascended, but Reggie didn't seem affected by it. If he was, he wasn't showing it. That was when they became surrounded with Litwick and Lampent, something that didn't surprise Reggie at all. To normal people, it would seem like they had appeared out of nowhere, but to Reggie, he had seen them approach. He sighed. He can see the control exerted by a stronger force making them act.

"Well, this isn't good. Do you know if Allure has Synchronize or Inner Focus?" He asked her, letting Emeric go on, utilizing Confuse Ray to confuse the surrounding Litwick and Lampent. Most of them became confused as the dancing lights lured them into a world full of twists and spins, their floating bodies becoming unsteady as they tried to focus.

Alexis simply nodded, giving an unsure smile. "Of course. I'll... Let you know if it gets too much for me. I've had to deal with... Worse things." She replied quietly, having a definite tone to her voice that gave the impression she had unresolved trauma, though that much was obvious. As he let go of her, she followed close behind him, her Umbreon practically pressed up against her leg as it tried to fulfil it's duties to protect her. The Umbreon, while sharing in the emotional fragility of her trainer due to the close bond they shared, was also determined to make sure her trainer wouldn't be harmed, and as such made sure to keep alert.

As they entered the tower, Alexis wavered once more, stopping for a moment to regain fortitude. She even popped a Sitrus berry in her mouth to give her a bit of extra energy, which she certainly needed. As they continued, she took on a state where she was slightly disconnected from the world of the living in order to attune herself with the spirits. While her odd state may have shocked Reggie, it was her way of communing with spirits more effectively, and gave her more of an ability to deal with them. After all, it's hard to fight a being you can't detect very well, but much easier when you can not only see them fully, but detect their aura. As she did, she attempted to tap into Reggie's aura in order to modify her own, which to him would feel like a foreign intrusion, but not one of malice or negativity, but rather a friendly, kind intrusion, one that chose to rely on him.

She didn't reply as Reggie spoke, instead concentrating on his aura and putting her efforts into trying to detect any spirits that may be lurking around. She simply nodded, taking in the information he gave her. She was certainly extremely inexperienced with Pokemon, despite having 4 with her. Lack of access to information certainly kicked her ass, and were it not for her Pokemon, she likely would not have survived in the wild. As the pressure increased on the second floor, she clutched her head, doubling down on her efforts to keep the negative vibes at bay. Fortunately, her Umbreon was more than ready to help, using calm mind to help itself calm down, and due to the bond between them, Alexis was calmed somewhat seeing her Pokemon manage to maintain a level head despite the pressure.

As the ghosts approached, Alexis went on edge, spinning to face the spirits before they appear, and pointing at them, her hands shaking. "W-we... W-we will s-save you! J-just let us by!" She cried out, her voice wavering. She was an anxious mess, but she was determined to help. Fortunately, Reggie had her back, his Haunter using confuse ray to confuse the ghosts. To help out, her Umbreon used Scary Face to intimidate the ghosts, and hopefully making them less of a threat. "U-umm... I... What's an ability? I'm... Not that experienced yet..." She replied to his question. Fortunately, her Umbreon was quick to reply, using telepathy to project her voice around her. "I think I have Inner Focus, because I'm able to power through even after powerful attacks that would have caused me to cringe!" Her voice was energetic, and she was almost bouncing on her paws in excitement.

Reginald Valerias1720214046295.png

Pokemon Team:
Gordon the Primeape
Emeric the Shiny Haunter
Bob the Shedinja
Large Marge the Drifblim
Elvira the Munna

Battle:
Reggie's Drifblim (Large Marge): Burned (-50% Atk); Flare Boost (+50% Sp. Atk)
Alexis's Umbreon (Allure): +1 Sp. Atk, +1 Sp. Def
Litwick 1: Confusion - 2 turns; -2 Speed
Litwick 2: Confusion - 1 turn; -2 Speed
Litwick 3: Confusion - 2 turns; -2 Speed
Lampent 1: Confusion - 1 turn; -2 Speed
Lampent 2: Confusion - 2 turns; -2 Speed
Lampent 3: Confusion - 1 turn; -2 Speed; Knocked Out

Reggie didn't feel too confident for Alexis, but he had to at least show he believed her and knew that she would be okay, else he would end up making confidence in her own abilities worse. He made sure she was close by, stopping when she stopped and walking at her pace so she didn't have to expend so much energy trying to catch up.

While what she was wasn't exactly normal, Reggie wasn't shocked. More so, he was getting more and more worried. She was opening herself up to becoming possessed if she wasn't careful - either by a spirit or by whatever was controlling the spirits. He could feel her aura trying to mimic his, so he let it. It just sort of tickled.

What Alexis could detect were a series of spirits huddling against the walls or hovering around their gravestones, as if trying to hide from whatever was affecting them. Some were roaming aimlessly around the pathways, and they were likely the most dangerous.

Reggie huffed as she tried to speak to them, but they didn't seem to react to it. Reggie shook his head. "You can try to reason with them, but they won't hear you. Their reality is distorted, so knocking them out is the only way to free them."

With the three Litwick and Lampent confused and slower, they were trying to set off their attacks. Reggie hummed as Allure spoke. "Well, if you had Synchronize, any Pokemon that poisons, burns, freezes, paralyzes, or puts you to sleep would have been affected by that too. But if you have Inner Focus, that might help us here, unless they use Will-O-Wisp. An Ability, Alexis, is either a passive or activatable thing that all Pokemon have." Reggie backed up and held out his hand, focusing most of his aura in his hand, making a void of spiritual energy that the Litwick and Lampent felt repelled by. "Also, don't use Fire-Type attacks, and try not to come in direct contact with them. We don't know which ones have Flash Fire or Flame Body. Don't set up Light Screen or Reflect either, one of these may have Infiltrator and bypass it."

One of the Litwicks and one of the Lampents fell to the floor, too dizzy to act and hurting themselves upon the fall. The other four attacked. A Litwick used Will-O-Wisp, the flames being sent towards the Umbreon to try and burn it. Quickly, Reggie released his Drifblim to be in the way. The Drifblim barely fit in the space, but was a good shield. Large Marge was burned, and he retreated her. He didn't seem too concerned about what he just did. At least he kept to his promise.

Another Litwick tried Confuse Ray, but the lights failed to appear for long. One Lampent fired off a ball of flames that exploded on Emeric, who hissed. A Shadow Ball was also sent towards Emeric, but Emeric's hand glowed with ghost energy, and he twirled, his hand "catching" the Shadow Ball and throwing it back, knocking the Lampent out with its own Shadow Ball. It fell to the ground, unable to fight back.

"Alexis, what moves does Allure know? Allure can tell me, too." He needed to make sure he knew what Allure knew so he could better figure out what she could use. It might've been a good idea to ask that earlier. But he at least knew that she knew Scary Face.

Without a command, Emeric fought back. Reggie can feel the pull of darkness and let himself think horrid thoughts, allowing Haunter's Dark Pulse to get stronger as he fed off his trainer's thoughts. The Dark Pulse didn't get stronger, but it did get wider, hitting two Litwick and they fell to the floor. They really only had two Lampent and a Litwick to take care of now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back