• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: Rise of Shadows

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"They would fall apart.... I do agree. But wounds do heal, with time, if you let them." Arcanus said. He looked down at the grass. "Love sometimes does hurt. It burns, it aches, it does terrible things to you... But we go into it, anyway, knowing these things. Because someone else out there is hurting, just as much as you. And they need you. They need you to help them get through it. And they need you to help them bare the pain.".... He paused, thinking.....

"April. Amber needs you. She is in pain."

@Assailant

April scowled. "Why would I help her? She's the whole reason I'm in this d**n mess. I hate her more than anyone else."

@Daisie

April laughed. "What has she- ha! Were you paying attention at all? Everything about this whole little predicament begins with her."

@Daisie

Last edited by a moderator:
"And tell me how it is her fault that she was assaulted." Arcanus commanded her, in a firm voice. "Would you not be shaken up? Would you not be terrified? Would know what to do immediately, and make everything better?"

@Assailant

April shook her head. "It's because of her that I felt that pain... she's the reason that, all this time later... I'm like this. I hate her."

@Daisie (I started writing this forever ago, and TOTALLY forgot about it.)

Arcanus shook his head. "Do not blame this on her, April. It was you who decided to stop caring. Not her. She never truly stopped caring. Not about you, not about anyone. It was you who made the decision in the end to turn to misery for comfort. She may have hurt you, but she most definitely did not make you do this."

@Assailant

"Don't you DARE f**king pretend like you know!" April yelled. "She was my...!" April hesitated. "She was very important to me. She ran. She ran into her own d**n mind, leaving US to deal with her and ourselves! The other children... the other Pokemon... they were sent away. Because Amber didn't want any of us around her. I was the only exception. I was trapped, locked in with her, as she piled her despair and pain onto me." April glared at Arcanus. "It was too lonely at the bottom, I guess. She had to drag someone else down with her."

Arcanus stared at her. After a few moments had passed, he looked down at the token at the end of his string, polishing it a little bit. "..Ah...... I see."

"My apologies....." He thought for a few moments...

"You know, she loves you."

@Assailant

Amber chuckled dryly. "Yeah, I do. She makes all this s**t even more complicated. She can't just let anything be simple, can she? She makes me hate her... and then goes acting like she does, and now I feel guilty. Even after HER torment has ended... she's not done with me, it would seem."

@Daisie

"She is not doing this to torment you, you know." Arcanus replied, looking out to the ocean. "She greatly misses the times you spent."

@Assailant

April shook her head. "The hows and whys hardly matter. If you and Amber could just... give it up already... everything would be so much simpler."

@Daisie

"So... Let me ask you a question, then." Aracnus said, with a big breath. "You hated me at first, did you not? Of course, I do not expect you to hate me as much as you do April... But.... Do you regret knowing me? And talking to me? And enjoying my company?"

@Assailant

April continued to look away from Arcanus. She didn't answer. She simply did not look at him and remained in silence.

@Daisie

"And if you managed to eventually find it in your heart to forgive Amber....." Arcanus went on, looking at the trees below. "...Would things be so bad? How would you feel... If you could see her the way she was before? Would you regret knowing her? Or enjoying her company?"

@Assailant

"I..." April shook her head. "If I DID set aside her wrongs... then that would be another weakness of mine. Everyone who I connect to is another person that can hurt me. That's true for everyone."

@Daisie

"Ah...." Arcanus sighed.... He paused, looking over at April. "....Do you think I would hurt you? Do you think Amber could ever hurt you like that again?"

@Assailant

"Anyone can hurt you. It isn't always on purpose." April sighed. "Besides, as I said before: we're basically at war. Friendships can only end in pain now. Why even try?"

@Daisie

"Because it isn't the end you should focus on..... It is all of the precious moments in between the bad parts. Moments that you cannot obtain anywhere else. Moments that change your life, and make you a better person. Moments that..... You may only feel through trial, hardship, and endurance."

"In the end, if you do lose me.... I will not be gone. You.... Will still have those precious moments, locked inside your memories, where nobody can harm them. Can you honestly say that you regret knowing me, even after our arguments, tears, and attacks? That it has been a bad experience, over all this time?"

@Assailant

April looked down. "I can't... I WON'T go through that pain. What could possibly be worth something like that." She looked back at him with pleading eyes. "What could you possibly stand to gain that would be worth the agony of that loss?"

@Daisie

Arcanus turned to her. "The warmth of having someone to care for. To lean on, to help you. To share happiness, to make things better. Knowing that you made their day better, even if only by a little bit. And knowing that you can count on somebody but yourself.". He closed his eyes.... He reached out and hugged April once more. "....To put simply, answering your question.... I stand to gain the happiness from helping another soul find their happiness."

@Assailant

Without thinking about it, April hugged back. "I'm not sure I believe you," she said. Despite that, she didn't let go.

@Daisie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back