Pesterchum [OOC Discussion] [Sburb Beta 0.1.2.]

I could burn fish. I think that's how its done...

Edit: Really regretting speccing for debates and strategy now. Will we meet up once we've all built?

Eventually, I think? Dunno how differently the gate order (assuming each person gets a series of gates) works in this game.

I think my high dodge is what's keeping me alive (also my imp's also suffering from the dice), so you may want to save up grist and find+alchemise ranked items to give you some +x Dodge.

Edit: Also, are you including +1 Strife from wielding your flintlock?

Ajani's personality is actually pretty simple. His "rage" comes from the short revenge thing that he did when his tribe, including his brother, was killed. He reconciled his feelings and is usually pretty noble and calm-headed. You can have his rage pop up every once in a while.

Actually, he's pretty much like Isaac except he's a lot more calm-headed.

I was using it as a catch-all term, referring to creating objects in homestuck-speak. If we were to label it as a specialty, it would probably be blacksmithing. Creation of weapons and armor. Isaac made Arondight with his own two hands.

"Alchemy", as it stands, is a catch-all term for the creation, combination, and duplication of Sburb items (the Rank system), and is pretty much the only way to get Stat and Interest boosts outside of basic leveling. A person with an Interest in Alchemy would probably be more interested in the medieval or theoretical stuff: lead to gold, and all that. Does that make sense?

How would one with an interest in blacksmithing work out then? I will change out the interest later since I typed out the wrong thing. Also, when would we roll miscellaneous interests such as fractals, blacksmithing, etc. work out?

The skills system is freeform by design: the game has a general series of "challenge ratings" set against expectations of Interest levels as the game progresses, but that's about it. Most skill use outside of Strife or Debate is narrative, and up to both the player and GM to facilitate.

For instance, you could set about using your Blacksmithing interest to start arming your Consorts, or crafting something symbolic that you could then alchemize with (creating a low-Rank item with the Interest you want, then combine it with a high-Rank item to get a big stat boost to the Interest you need). An Alchemy interest could help with identifying symbolism, or summoning up interesting things, or just straight turning lead to gold.

[QUOTE="Seeker of the End]Does build grist count as grist for alchemy or is it only amber, shale, etc?

[/QUOTE]
Latter, build grist is separate. Unbridled Originality's changed that bit from the base system.

Edit: Found original post.

[QUOTE="Unbridled Originality]Alright, back from the Zoo. Let's crank out some posts.
By the by, Building up the house to get to the first gate will happen automatically. The house is considered high enough when you hit 40 Build Grist.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, um. And please hold off on sending more messages to Iris until there are a few more posts in her thread please? I can't really respond til then, since she's sort of been in between actions for a couple days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back