Pesterchum [OOC Discussion] [Sburb Beta 0.1.2.]

That reminds me. I asked some random person on Tumbr who analyzes god-tiers what they thought our classpect combinations chances were. I should try to remember who it was and see if they responsded. Responded...Grr...stupid drunken tpsos. Typose? Typos. There we friggin go.

I'm one of those analysts : o not the one you contacted, though that would have been hilarious.

Yeah, I'm just gonna ignore those messages people have been dropping in my thread, etc, until it chronologically makes sense. Woo. Also, Thief, you're seriously killing me with the doubleposting, it's ok to edit your previous one, next time you're dropping pesterlogs in my thread! Please, it is my pet peeve.

I apologize. I try to only doublepost when it's been a significant enough amount of time since the initial post that I worry the content in the second one will be entirely overlooked if I just add it to the first instead.

I'd like to take this opportunity to mention that, yes, you can totally social combat an underling, even when one is attacking you, and if you reduce its disbelief completely, you will manage to convince it/take it out.

That's fine. I'm not terribly familiar with either, it just seemed a neat variation that fit with the idea I had for her character.

EDIT: rolled.

Edit Redux:

Would anyone be willing to cooperate with a whim I had of a "What if?" scenario for our characters as trolls?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ayup! :)

Just been pondering over it the last couple of days.

As far as Person-to-Troll goes, there's of course the first complication: SO YOU'RE WONDERING ABOUT THE HEMOSPECTRUM.

Which sort of turns into your first set of general considerations (on rough average) of:

Low Economic and Social Status but Low Responsibility ====> High Economic and Social Status and Responsibility

More Numerous ====> Rarer (which leads to: )

Culled More Often ====> Culled Less Often (in turn this leads to: )

Calmer and more Stable on Average ====> Greater Violent Tendencies

Physically Weaker and Frailer ====> Physically Stronger and more Durable

Stronger Psychic Gifts ====> Stronger Psychic Resistance

Freer from Responsibility-imposed (horizontally-imposed) Restrictions ====> Freer from Vertically-Imposed Restraints

Have I missed any yet?

EDIT: Found this: http://helpforhomestuck.tumblr.com/hemospectrum-bloodcaste

I guess you'd follow up on that by what? Tallying up traits of various characters and seeing where that places them?

I guess I could make a list and update it with traits if people would be willing to mention them.

For simplicity's sake, I'll start with Iris. These will be color-coded for convenience.

Iris Scarbro

• ? Has Anger Issues ?
  • Religious Upbringing
  • An Island Dweller
  • High Social And Economic Status
  • Heiress
  • Technically Royalty
  • Surrounded by Technology
  • Fascination with Legend and Myth (the miraculous)
  • With Hoodoo And Magic (?: Was second half Ampora-unique quality?)
  • Owns Corpse Paint
  • From Traditional Top Tier of Society

Ronald Adonia

• From Culture of Intoxication
  • An Island Dweller
  • Very Physically Strong
  • Weightlifter (?: Was that a Zahhak-unique quality?)
  • Accomplished Liar

Jasper Robbins

• He Specializes in Wits and Cunning
  • Considers Self Above Others

Timothy Evans

• Studying for Civil Service
  • Fascination with the Law
  • Peaceable Demeanor

Ione Huang

• Fascination with Nature
  • Apparent Mental Stability
  • Peaceable Demeanor
  • The Outdoors Type
  • Wildlife Hunter

Isaac Altris

• Generally Peaceable
  • Has Anger Issues
  • Fascinated with Crafting Things

@Unbridled Originality, @Direhuman, @Sunder, @shepsquared, @Cirno

Feel free to add / suggest details I missed.
^_^ ;

Running estimation list:

Iris: Some Sort Of Highblood

Ron: Purple? Indigo?

Jasper: Violet? Indigo? Cobalt? Teal?

Ione: Olive? Bronze? Rust?

Isaac: Yellow? Bronze? Rust?

Tim:
Teal? Bronze? Rust?

Think we need more data on Ron and Tim. Also I think they're pretty violent regardless of where they sit on the spectrum, or at least the Alternian trolls are. I'd hazard

Iris: highblood (fushia to purple)

Ron: highblood or high society (fuschia to teal)

Jasper: high society (indigo to teal)

Ione: middling to low (jade to rust)

Isaac: high to middling (indigo to yellow)

Tim: middling or mutant (jade to yellow, lime or candy red)

*ponder* I do see similarities in Iris to Vriska specifically. Also Vriska's the most badass in my mind.

Iris=Vriska? :confused:; Wut.

*tilts head* Ok...Um. I would have picked Vriska as one of the handful of trolls she's least like. xD

Is it due to the sheer quantity and speed of action on her part?

Wait...except when she's being a server player.

Cirno said:
Think we need more data on Ron and Tim. Also I think they're pretty violent regardless of where they sit on the spectrum, or at least the Alternian trolls are. I'd hazard
Iris: highblood (fushia to purple)

Ron: highblood or high society (fuschia to teal)

Jasper: high society (indigo to teal)

Ione: middling to low (jade to rust)

Isaac: high to middling (indigo to yellow)

Tim: middling or mutant (jade to yellow, lime or candy red)
The violence bit is relative. The higher ones on the spectrum tend to be more violent and at times unpredictably so.

Oh? D:

Well, to be fair, I was trying to go by the general traits of the castes.

Hence why weightlifting was only a conditional and tentative recommender for Ron being indigo. (We don't know if that's common for bluebloods or just particular to the Zahhak dancestors).

Likewise why the powers aren't mentioned on Cerulean (since they're exceptionally uncommon for cerulean...and sorry, I just really liked the descriptors on the Colours and Mayhem, hence my using them). And I liked picturing vriska's blood as metallic :P )

EDIT:

Maybe I should separate Iris' personal vs social traits? Because her background is very Highblooded if not royalblooded. But her personal traits are probably belligerently lower on the Haemospectrum. Actually...to be fair, according to Kankri, that is/was a thing.

Perhaps she's a higher-blood caste who feels more identification with a lower color on the spectrum, so deliberately acts like one?

Of course, part of my reasoning for that isn't just transferrence of her status as one of the richest people in the world from one universe to another. Her whole rebellious refusal to stick with expectations of her hereditary role would be cull-worthy in a lower-blood. If she were a Cerulean...honestly, she's not sufficiently manipulative to survive as a Cerulean. She just doesn't have the patience for what she'd probably call "duplicitous, two-faced bullshit." Similarly, she just doesn't have the trust in the aristocratic doctrine to make a good indigo, really. It's sort of part of why I'm aimed purplish, since she's belligerently unaccustomed to any but the wealthiest/most influential being dismissive of her. Most others would be a little afraid to.

Also she sort of already does the "I'm incredibly wealthy but don't want other people to know it because I have few enough friends and that'd just make it weird" thing. Isaac, Ione, et al probably never got any clue about her family circumstances. Except maybe naively asking about things the others didn't have, couldn't afford early on in acquaintance then later playing it off as a joke. Ron was likely the first one to see any of her house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back