Pesterchum [OOC Discussion] [Sburb Beta 0.1.2.]

I'm going to say a session is two challenges, whether a fight or something else that grants Grist, so go ahead.

Seeker: Gimmie a sec, posting stuff now.

It occurs to me that we've imitated Homestuck proper in a way I'd not previously considered: our output. We've cracked 1000 posts in just three weeks.

A "session" as a unit of time was originally meant to denote a literal play session, as in "we've got a 3-hour gaming session tonight, so let's play Homestuck!" Forum RP wasn't on my mind when I wrote the system, hence the strangeness. (and it certainly wasn't meant to mean a Session of Sburb, yikes). Unbridled's got the right idea.

So...I found images for everyone:

Jasper:

thief_of_mind_by_corlyiris-d60w9wk.gif

Ione:

my_god_tier_by_bubblesdafrog-d5hv1q1.gif

Tim:

Mario_Question_Mark_Block_by_nintentofu.gif

Isaac:

tumblr_mehhesrMFB1qf4cbvo1_400.png

Iris:

tumblr_m5n9l3kdXX1r3z0u9o1_1280.png

Ron:

prince-of-space.jpg

Presumably to keep on keeping on as we have been. Sunder's been mia for quite some time. To the point that our dm (and I myself) has/have begun to feel some concern over his wellbeing.

A fortunate aspect of the portion of Sburb we're in is that they're still solo quests within the 1st Gate. It's not until gate 2 that you start teaming up with your coplayers. :)

So the easiest way to deal with you being absent is for Iris to avoid entering Gate 2 for the time being. Given her enthrallment with myth, legend, and the occult, as well as the heady realization that her idlest yet dearest fantasy of being a figure of myth and legend has come true will keep her QUITE occupied. She has Consorts to feed and unite, minions to spar with and try to make amends with. She has training to do, and a Consort to make pilgrimage to meet. She wants to find a way to either alchemize or nano-replicate the Greenmoss for her consorts, but to do that she needs a viable biological sample as well as a means to use Ione and Grand-mamansprite's biological expertise to fire up the old L'Oreal bioengineering lab in Iris' house. Once food scarcity ceases to drive the Skinks to combat, she'd want to try and if not unite, then at least broker peace between them.

Having heard it's Stheno waiting for her in the middle of her planet, Iris dearly needs to get in touch with Grandmaman-sprite. Because three general challenges Stheno could ask of her come immediately to mind.

Exposition Fairy time:

In Greek Myth, there existed three sisters, Stheno, Euryale, and Medusa. These sisters had blood of divine sources in their lineages, for their parents, Phorkys and Keto, were respectively the children of Gaea and Okeanos/Pontos. (These sisters were cousins to monsters: Echidna, the Graeae, and the Dragon Ladon all are descended form the unions of Phorkys and Keto Of the three, Medusa alone was mortal, for her sisters were immortal folk. Medusa was possessed of great beauty, beauty to draw envy from the hearts of Gods. As could be expected, her beauty and pride did just that...and give me a moment, my steal juuusut ran out. G'nite.

Yeah, the game will be fine. Hopefully Sunder's okay.

Isaac's probably the furthest ahead of the team, followed by Iris. Tim, Jasper, and Ione aren't through the first gate yet. Ron technically isn't but he may have managed an amusing way around it. Tim, Ron, and Ione haven't had lucid dreams yet either.

For server player duties, Ione will be fine. She has decent Defense, can Feint to avoid critical failures, and is willing to Abscond if she's in a bad position.

Oh? Hi to Kaza/Hado! :)

See...that makes me wish I had photoshop and the adobe-fu to make a proper set of talksprites for Iris. Then again...the Homestuck Resource blog is down for the month, sadly.

Eee. They look awesome!

Ha. Let's make that canon. It explains Ione's spelling confuzion.

Sure. Working on Ione and Tim for now. Promised Dire he could do his own, because he's like 10 times better at homestuck sprites, and art in general, than I am.

Sunder said:
Almost all of my delay is from this http://homestuckrpg.tumblr.com/post/29634324996/strife post, which says the lowest initiative goes first, so when you invest points in initiative... do you subtract the bonus? Are you slowing yourself down? I don't understand.
Ah! OK, I forgot about that. I'd been iterating on the initiative rules, and I guess that stuck around? The idea being that the person with the lower initiative declares what they're going to do on their turn early, but the actions actually occurring in order of highest to lowest, giving the higher initiative combatants a chance to react or intercept the lower initiative combatants actions before they go off. It might have been too complicated, and I think Unbridled had been ignoring it anyway. That was my reasoning, at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back