Pesterchum [OOC Discussion] [Sburb Beta 0.1.2.]

*Nod* seems geared toward in-person tabletop.

Sunder: just ignore that. We've been doing so with a fair degree of success thus far.

I did try to tell you look over the other people's posts as a guideline. We ignored that rule.

Also, God-Tier Tim:

200px-Storm_Warden.png
???

[QUOTE="Seeker of the End]Jasper's the thief of mind? Neat. And Iris found the sacrificial slabs.
Do we have to have all 50 levels of our ladder to go God Tier?

[/QUOTE]
Been meaning to ask, How do you know that Jasper is the Thief of Mind? I remember being called a lord of the moon and the thief, but I don't think mind was mentioned (in my thread at least)

OOC knowledge: Iris found the sacrificial slabs (quest bed equivalent) on Derse. OOCly, we know the three symbols correspond to Blood, Mind, and Space. Iris has been told she's the Sylph. Blood's mechanically confirmed by the ability she got at EL 5. Space is, at least in canon Homestuck, supposed to have Frogs on their planet--that means Ron. This leaves Jasper as the last Dersite player, making him Thief of Mind.

Direhuman said:
Ah! OK, I forgot about that. I'd been iterating on the initiative rules, and I guess that stuck around? The idea being that the person with the lower initiative declares what they're going to do on their turn early, but the actions actually occurring in order of highest to lowest, giving the higher initiative combatants a chance to react or intercept the lower initiative combatants actions before they go off. It might have been too complicated, and I think Unbridled had been ignoring it anyway. That was my reasoning, at least.
*thumbs up to your reasoning* I don't think it's complicated (although yes it may slow things down a bit in PbP). It's just that all the fights so far have had only one player, so there hasn't been a need to use Initiative to declare targets/coordinate attacks.

shepsquared said:
Been meaning to ask, How do you know that Jasper is the Thief of Mind? I remember being called a lord of the moon and the thief, but I don't think mind was mentioned (in my thread at least)
Did you not see my list of speculations and reasonings?

I figured Jasper was the Mind Aspect hero from the get go. Fits his personality really well. Likewise UO said your dream sequence hinted at your aspect, and when Iris was confirmed as Blood aspect, Mind was the only one that made sense (you manipulated those guards to get inside, and phrasing it as a theft, that meant that either you stole cohesion due to setting them bickering or you stole their focus as a Thief of Blood or Mind).

Space...yeah, what she said about Frogs. And Ron was always going to be the Prince. He's attention-grabby and destructive.

Ione...I figured her for Maid or Sylph of either Space (nature interests) or Light or Life. Tim is the Knight (fits his persona and was confirmed by what buffs he received, and his land description strongly suggests he's the Knight of Breath. I'd actually figured Isaac for Doom originally, but Time makes sense as well, and fits the Time=Fate=Hellish Landscape deal that Dave Strider had going on.

And I just realized that someone out there just started shipping Iris + Jasper, Iris ♣ Ron/Tim, and Iris <>/<3 Ione. Stupid quantum internet ships.

[QUOTE="Thief of Words]And I just realized that someone out there just started shipping Iris + Jasper, Iris ♣ Ron/Tim, and Iris <>/<3 Ione. Stupid quantum internet ships.

[/QUOTE]
???

And yeah, I must have missed your speculation.

Soooooo excited! Too many things to feasibly do them all at once. Guess I should make a list:

• learn mythology from Skinks
  • Solve problem of skink starvation
  • save all the skinks
  • ALL OF THEM
  • practice magic (thereby becoming the very thing that medieval prejudice was afraid jewish folks were)
  • verify my sources on the squiddleterrors (about rendering the game unwinnable. attempt to determine WHY it'd do that).
  • HOLLA HOLLA GET BOONDOLLA! (And more importantly collect grist. Mama needs a new pair of shoes)
  • Find Grand-mamansprite
  • Discuss greenmoss dilemna with her
  • Discuss possible solutions for THE MEDUSA PROBLEM with her.
  • Find coplayers
  • Discuss potential traps hidden in game design: (for example, kill denizen or render game unwinnable for Iris).
  • DISCOVER PURPOSE OF THE SLABS
  • F$CKING BLOOD MAGICS, HOW DO THEY WORK?
  • MY FRIENDS NEED MAH HELPS. HELP MEEEEEE. HELP YOUUUU!
  • MAKE IT RAIN!

Hrmm. Ione's list probably looks like:

• tentatively agree with Iris's belief that the game's somehow built around them; attempt to test theory
  • explore/document/photograph the lands like a modern naturalist
  • learn bartitsu
  • make Jasper's house a crazy glorious tower, Christopher Wren style
  • tell Flutter-Freud shut up, it's not standing in for something else

That said....

*Dances the Sunder Summoning Dance*

Knightyboy! Get your butt in here! D:

*cracks whip* Tell Papa Nurgle to leave you be, you have postin' to do.

And suddenly the dice roller likes me.

Jaspers to do list:

Kill imps

Find out more info from friends

Prepare for the next level

See if he can take his Basilisk friend with him

Make peace with the Pharaoh

Figure out how to steal things

Steal the Pharaoh's mask

Steal an imp's sword

Steal everything that isn't nailed down or on fire

Steal the nails

Steal the fire

Enter the next world

TIM IS ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay! How are we covering that? Are we assuming time passed for him, because I'm his server player and need to know the timeline.

I think we have an excuse to pretend it didn't, since he said ICly that he was ignoring his coplayers in favor of ADVENTURE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back