Persona Ø [ OOC | Not Accepting ]

Now I'm not a big fan of really over-the-top shit and I despise ecchi anime (I'm assuming this won't be a thing in Jojo from what I'm seeing), but Jojo looks stylish as all hell which I enjoy. Is the over-the-top-ness balance out in any way?

*wink, wink*

Its balanced by the sheer manliness of all the characters and how seriously they take everything.

P.S If we're making an homage of Persona 2, we could make our chatacters gain unique skills like...

"FOAMY LOVER!!

"CROSS FORTUNE-!"

"BLOODY HONEYMOOOOON~!"

P.P.S Dibs on a Darkness/Water skill.

@Wandering Hollow Well that just means I have to grind through the game quickly now. I'd rather get the full experience.

@Blu It gets really over the top, but a lot of it actually helps the story in that conflict is a bit unique from a lot of other shows. All of the weird personality quirks people have don't really overpower their entire character, and fighting is largely dependent on outwitting someone rather than discovering generic power ups in the eleventh hour. For example one of the most deadly enemies that appear in a particular part - their entire showdown is only two hands of poker.

Parts one and two are a bit more straightforward, but it keeps getting stranger as it goes on. I think it's a really fun ride. I guess what I'm trying to say is that despite being so crazy at times, it doesn't feel particularly forced for the universe they're in and the journey they're on.

Wait till he sees the Nazis... 

GERMAN SCIENCE IS ZE BEST IN ZE WORLD!!

Btw. The dub for part 1 and 2 is spot on and somehow made it hammer then the original. A must watch if you already finished the sub.

Wait till he sees the Nazis... 

GERMAN SCIENCE IS ZE BEST IN ZE WORLD!!

Btw. The dub for part 1 and 2 is spot on and somehow made it hammer then the original. A must watch if you already finished the sub.

I'm forever shaken by the fact that prototype Guile is a literal nazi.

I'll have to check it out. I hadn't been paying attention since dubs are so hit-or-miss these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll check out Jojo when I have some time. I've been getting less time in the day since it's a new semester at my university (plus I got work on top).

@Wandering Hollow Homage? Kinda. I'm definitely trying to not take too much from P2 but the inspiration is there. And we'll definitely be getting some character-exclusive skills later. Plus, we got Fusion Spells. Also, it's because of P2 that I'm so hyped for P5. I don't know if it's just me but Ryuji, Ann, and Yusuke reminds me of Eikichi (based waifu), Lisa, and Jun.

I'm forever shaken by the fact that prototype Guile is a literal nazi.

I'll have to check it out. I hadn't been paying attention since dubs are so hit-or-miss these days.

Let me list out the positives and negatives.

+ Captures the accent well

+ Script it loyal to the original Japanese script in tone and meaning

+ Amazing cast (Jonathan Joestar is Numbah 1)

- Um... 

- I guess some characters aren't well captured...?

I'll check out Jojo when I have some time. I've been getting less time in the day since it's a new semester at my university (plus I got work on top).

@Wandering Hollow Homage? Kinda. I'm definitely not trying to take too much from P2 but the inspiration is there. And we'll definitely be getting some character-exclusive skills later. Plus, we got Fusion Spells. Also, it's because of P2 that I'm so hyped for P5. I don't know if it's just me but Ryuji, Ann, and Yusuke reminds me of Eikichi (based waifu), Lisa, and Jun.

I KNOW RIGHT? 

Based Eikichi and his machinegun guitar case. The moment I saw his regular attack, he became my fav.

@Wandering Hollow

tumblr_nwm01g1yws1rpsmato1_400.gif

@Tarquin I had a feeling that's the problem considering we've got two posts before yours and yet no votes. Thanks for letting me know. I'm probably going to assume that mostly everyone is on board with following this stranger to his van because our characters really want candy.

EDIT: I think each poll will have to be an individual thread from now on. I can't edit new polls to an already existing poll.

@TheForgottenDoll Oh yeah, noticed in your post that you didn't include a Persona awakening. You're thinking of saving that for later or you just forgot to include it?

@Wandering Hollow Not apathy syndrome. But she has failed to escape and so her "descent" has come to an end. This is where the sub-theme of madness comes in. We'll find out more as the story progresses.

@Katakon should still be around, he just wasn't able to post since his character got knocked on his ass.

Since we're all meant to have recovered, that would include Hideyoshi.

Sorry for the lack of activity! I've been busy with IRL stuff this week relating to getting ready for college! I will have a post up sometime today or tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back