Persona Ø [ OOC | Not Accepting ]

All I know for sure is that one of mine is going to be something along the lines of "listen to her talk about demons for an hour or two, get a bonus on your demon convo rolls"

I typed it out a bit differently in the name of clarity. Again, I used Protagonist-chan's cooperation as a skeleton so there are a few assumptions on my part.

Rank 1: I am thou... And thou art I... Thou hast forged a new bond... Escape thy fate with thine new strength... Thou hast established the [ARCANA] Cooperation...*
Rank 2: STAT INCREASE
Rank 3: Unlocks the ability to perform Fusion Spells with [CHARACTER].*
Rank 4: STAT INCREASE LVL 2 - REPLACES RANK 2
Rank 5: BUFF TO YOUR CHARACTER, SOMEHOW IMPROVES UPON AN ASPECT NOT DIRECTLY RELATED TO BATTLE OR COMBAT STATS
Rank 6: STAT INCREASE LVL 3 - REPLACES RANK 4
Rank 7: UNIQUE BUFF OR ABILITY TO/FOR ALL CHARACTERS IN THE SAME PARTY AS [CHARACTER]
Rank 8: STAT INCREASE LEVEL 4 - REPLACES RANK 6
Rank 9: UNIQUE UPRADE THAT IS NOT RELATED TO COMBAT STATS
Max Rank: The strength of heart needed to escape thy descent hast awakened... UNIQUE BUFF OR ABILITY. LIKELY INTENDED TO BE MORE POWERFUL THAN THE OTHER RANKS DUE TO DIFFICULTY IN ATTAINING ALL TEN IN A SINGLE COOPERATION.

I'd recommend asking @Blu if you have any further questions about it. I'm more than willing to help, but I'm in no way a GM or anything like that.

Edit: On that note, while I'm happy this is progressing smoothly I think I may be done with RPN for the day. Taking literally three minutes to post a single reply to a topic is unacceptable. This entire update has turned this website into a burning dumpster fire, and it's hard to support the decision to launch it early based on "wanting us to learn the new mechanics" when it's so slow that we can't even use any of them.

I'm mad now. Gonna go goof around on Steam.

Last edited by a moderator:
The stat increase thing isn't a requirement. The only requirements are the first message for rank 1. And the fusion spells for rank 3. Everything else is up to you. Furthermore, you don't even need to have 10 bonuses if you can't think of anything. Hope that helps, guys.

@Blu So for example we change the Rank 5, If Protagonist is in the group, Increase crit damage by 25%, are we able to change it, by saying Increase Critical damage by 10% or not?

No, only the protag is experiencing the "dream". So just make a post about any events on April 9th including receiving the email and have them go to the class to wait on the 10th.

Oh and a note about how to rank up Cooperation:

In the locations and activities thread, you'll see some places listed as "Cooperation hang-out spots" or something to that effect. When a Cooperation lists "2 posts to next rank-up", it means you have to hang out with that person twice at that place (essentially 2 posts) before the next Rank can be achieved.

EDIT: Also, even if you post more than 2 posts for one hangout, it still only counts as spending time with the person once.

@Blu If I'm correct are the other character still going to school, aka going in since April 9th is a school day thus they have to go to school?

April 9th is Sunday so no school. But your character's been in school for a week already. If you need to post anything before April 9th, make sure to list the date.

-ARCANA-

The Hermit.png

"... Wisdom, Introspection, solitude,

Hidden, Unknown..."

"... Dark, Light, Alone                                                                                                 

Cause, Effect"                                                                                                  

Rank 1: I am thou... And thou art I... Thou hast forged a new bond... Escape thy fate with thine new strength... Thou hast established the Hermit Cooperation...*

>>

2 Posts to next Rank-Up at Study Sessions.

>>

Rank 2: When buying, or defeating demons, have a 10% of gaining a skill card, depending on what item, or demon it its. (There are 5 levels of Tiers, where the price, and demon are categorized in)

>>

2 Posts to next Rank-Up at Wonder Mall Food Court.

>>

Rank 3: Unlocks the ability to perform Fusion Spells with the Aina.

>>

>>

Rank 4: Increase the chance from 10% to 20%

>>

>>

Rank 5: Increase Demon Negotiations 2+ on roll

>>

2 Posts to next Rank-Up at Dorms.

>>

Rank 6: Increase the chance from 20% to 40%

>>

2 Posts to next Rank-Up at Hinode Park

>>

Rank 7: Demons cannot flee during Demon Negotiations.

>>

2 Posts to next Rank-Up at Hinode Park

>>

Rank 8: Increase the chance from 40% to 80%

>>

2 Posts to next Rank-Up at Kokyo Theater 

>>

Rank 9: Unlocks the ability to repeat a attack after your first attack, if your dice roll is 15 for higher, but damage will be reduced by 25%.

>>

3 Posts to next Rank-Up at Study Sessions

>>

Max Rank: Whenever a ally goes down they have a 10% of getting instantly revived.

From now on Kumiko refers to herself in third-person as The Kumiko. "The Kumiko 'bouta lay the smack down on these demons!"

@TheForgottenDoll Only problem I see is your Rank 7 bonus. We don't have EXP in this so how about change it to something like stops a demon from fleeing once if a negotiation fails since your character seems to have a lot to do with negotiations?

Erm, actually, there is something that bugs me about it, Doll.

Why are your posts always white? I'm not sure if it's something with how you format your posts or a bug - because we clearly don't have enough of them with this update - but I use the dark theme and it just...looks really, really bad. It's a massive white rectangle on an otherwise completely dark background.

Try copy and pasting without format. Ctrl + Shift + V or right click Paste as plain text.

I don't think that's it. Happens fairly often. Example and example.

For the first one it'd make sense but the second, not really. Not sure if this is an issue anywhere else as this is the only roleplay here I'm invested in at the moment, but it's really grating on the eyes.

Edit: Gonna dig around the bug report forum a bit. See what I can find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back