• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Percy Jackson RP

I was telling her about this roleplay and I forgot about how PJ is her main fandom.... but she doesn't know how to roleplay. I now have to teach her. Gr.

[QUOTE="Quiet Is Violent]I was telling her about this roleplay and I forgot about how PJ is her main fandom.... but she doesn't know how to roleplay. I now have to teach her. Gr.

[/QUOTE]
Does she know how to fucking write? Because that's all you need

Because text-based RPing is basically just interactive story-writing. We are all here, as joint authors, creating a story together, each writing the POV of a few different characters. That's all RPing is.

[QUOTE="Quiet Is Violent]I was telling her about this roleplay and I forgot about how PJ is her main fandom.... but she doesn't know how to roleplay. I now have to teach her. Gr.

[/QUOTE]
Is she new to writing too, or just RPing? 'Cause it's basically just co-writing something with 1+ people. Specifically from 3rd person generally

She can write but she doesn't understand how to write as your character. Like, shes used to acting out the character and being the character physically and emotionally but she is literally screaming at me over text about the impossibility of putting that all in writing and I'm a little grrrrrrrr

[QUOTE="Quiet Is Violent]She can write but she doesn't understand how to write as your character. Like, shes used to acting out the character and being the character physically and emotionally but she is literally screaming at me over text about the impossibility of putting that all in writing and I'm a little grrrrrrrr

[/QUOTE]
It just takes practice then. Maybe let her read over some of the RP, see how people have been doing it. Might give her an idea of what it's like ^^

[QUOTE="Quiet Is Violent]She can write but she doesn't understand how to write as your character. Like, shes used to acting out the character and being the character physically and emotionally but she is literally screaming at me over text about the impossibility of putting that all in writing and I'm a little grrrrrrrr

[/QUOTE]
It's alright. When I first started, I would design characters based off myself. Some of them were nearly 1:1 Parallels and it was a little funny. But, as I gained more experience, I decided, "Hey! Let's see if I can change something this time around" and I did, and I'd RP with this character who was basically me but with one thing different, and as I moved along, my characters evolved into their own people. And now I have Mara, who is completely and utterly unlike me, and arguably one of the best characters I have ever created.

So... your friend could try that if she wanted to get into it long-term. :P

And letting her read over what we've done so far would be great.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
It's alright. When I first started, I would design characters based off myself. Some of them were nearly 1:1 Parallels and it was a little funny. But, as I gained more experience, I decided, "Hey! Let's see if I can change something this time around" and I did, and I'd RP with this character who was basically me but with one thing different, and as I moved along, my characters evolved into their own people. And now I have Mara, who is completely and utterly unlike me, and arguably one of the best characters I have ever created.
I feel like it was a lot easier for me to just kinda smush myself into RPing, specifically because I was a writer beforehand. Though I wasn't the best at the time. Eee, looking back on some of my writing is downright painful at times X3

And yeah, my characters have changed SO MUCH since I started too. I almost had a preset for making them at the beginning, as all of them were really similar.

See, I don't think I ever once based a character of me. Mainly because I'm a socially incompetent bellend who uses sarcasm as a main means of communication, not really the most interesting of people I'll admit. I would always advise against ever using yourself as a base point, even to start. I've seen so many people trip at this first hurdle because it's almost impossible to look at yourself in an unbiased manner.

KaiaWolf said:
I feel like it was a lot easier for me to just kinda smush myself into RPing, specifically because I was a writer beforehand. Though I wasn't the best at the time. Eee, looking back on some of my writing is downright painful at times X3
And yeah, my characters have changed SO MUCH since I started too. I almost had a preset for making them at the beginning, as all of them were really similar.
Exactly!

As I began, most of my characters were shy little socially awkward nerdy guys. :P

Honestly I barely believe that I made those characters sometimes.

Volfy said:
See, I don't think I ever once based a character of me. Mainly because I'm a socially incompetent bellend who uses sarcasm as a main means of communication, not really the most interesting of people I'll admit. I would always advise against ever using yourself as a base point, even to start. I've seen so many people trip at this first hurdle because it's almost impossible to look at yourself in an unbiased manner.
This is very true. Which is why my first characters sucked arse.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
Exactly!
As I began, most of my characters were shy little socially awkward nerdy guys. :P

Honestly I barely believe that I made those characters sometimes.
Diversity is so much FUN. I've been branching out with characters more and more lately, and it's been a serious blast.

All of my characters are either disabled or bland or both. Great. FMB. I wish I could make interesting character but then they don't seem realistic.

I CLEANED MY COMPUTER FOR THE FIRST TIME IN EIGHT YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PROCRASTINATION OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys are any characters available? Like, are any characters inactive/not doing anything in the roleplay right now?

ShurikenPhoenix said:
Okay questers you can all go to the Settings tab now! To start you off you are all at the gates of camp. Please read the notice at the top of the thread.
@The Dragon Rider @Atto @SirDerpingtonIV @KaiaWolf @The Suspicious Eye @Volfy @Quiet Is Violent @PsychoDrummerA @LittleShenanigans @DuskerTem

I'm dying Lukara is just too much cuteness. I think I'm gonna puke rainbows xD
Same

I am heavily considering having them kiss. But that might be too soon. Dunno. They'll just cuddle for now

SirDerpingtonIV said:
I am heavily considering having them kiss. But that might be too soon. Dunno. They'll just cuddle for now
tumblr_mat8j6siti1r8xzdwo2_500.jpg

But for serious, it's up to you. It could also be during the questing, and there's another super nice sunset X3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back