• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ParaCom: Adversary Uncertain

Also, did the dice rolls and it decided that Africa will be our base of operations. Where the vote fails, chance prevails...

That means you may have up to four CS's to submit.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I was caught off guard by @General Deth Glitch. Let me check your CS's. Consider your soldiers squaddies, but you might want to expand your engineer's personality a little bit. Like a sentence or two. Overall, welcome to the ParaCom project!

Sure, Personalities are what I find hard to explain, I mean if you needed I could write a small book about Bio but Personalities catch me off guard. However I shall expand it as you demand!

The reason why I had personalities in the CS's is because I could tailor assignments to make it more or less challenging as needed. Think of it as mental strengths and weaknesses.

No, that's fine. I 'aint no complainer just stating my IRL weaknesses :P .

Thats why I said the thing about James and his brother so if the base was attacked or some shit it would make an interesting as hell plot.

[QUOTE="General Deth Glitch]No, that's fine. I 'aint no complainer just stating my IRL weaknesses :P .
Thats why I said the thing about James and his brother so if the base was attacked or some shit it would make an interesting as hell plot.

[/QUOTE]
You! I remember you from... something.

MedievalMethods said:
I'll probably start with one, and then make the rest over time. Thanks for the info.
You may make up to four with the Africa bonus. Remember that anyone can die in this RP.

I will compile a list of our funding nations. Top 50 GDPs decided by purchasing power parity. If we lose 25 or more nations, we automatically fail. Each will have a level/bar to describe panic level. Colors are an alternative. Blue being safe, yellow meaning caution, and red meaning danger. Red countries are expected to leave the project by the end of the month. Source: List of countries by GDP (PPP) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.png
China

23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States

23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png
India

23px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png
Japan

23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png
Germany

23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png
Russia

22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png
Brazil

23px-Flag_of_Indonesia.svg.png
Indonesia

23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png
France

23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png
United Kingdom

23px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png
Mexico

23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png
Italy

23px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg.png
South Korea

23px-Flag_of_Saudi_Arabia.svg.png
Saudi Arabia

23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png
Canada

23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png
Spain

23px-Flag_of_Turkey.svg.png
Turkey

23px-Flag_of_Iran.svg.png
Iran

23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png
Australia

23px-Flag_of_the_Republic_of_China.svg.png
Taiwan

23px-Flag_of_Thailand.svg.png
Thailand

23px-Flag_of_Nigeria.svg.png
Nigeria

23px-Flag_of_Poland.svg.png
Poland

23px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png
Argentina

23px-Flag_of_Egypt.svg.png
Egypt

23px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png
Pakistan

23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png
Netherlands

23px-Flag_of_Malaysia.svg.png
Malaysia

23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png
South Africa

23px-Flag_of_the_Philippines.svg.png
Philippines

23px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png
Colombia

23px-Flag_of_the_United_Arab_Emirates.svg.png
United Arab Emirates

23px-Flag_of_Algeria.svg.png
Algeria

23px-Flag_of_Venezuela.svg.png
Venezuela

23px-Flag_of_Bangladesh.svg.png
Bangladesh

23px-Flag_of_Iraq.svg.png
Iraq

23px-Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png
Vietnam

23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png
Belgium

16px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png
Switzerland

23px-Flag_of_Singapore.svg.png
Singapore

23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png
Sweden

23px-Flag_of_Kazakhstan.svg.png
Kazakhstan

23px-Flag_of_Chile.svg.png
Chile

23px-Flag_of_Austria.svg.png
Austria

23px-Flag_of_Romania.svg.png
Romania

23px-Flag_of_Peru.svg.png
Peru

23px-Flag_of_Ukraine.svg.png
Ukraine

21px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png
Norway

23px-Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg.png
Czech Republic

23px-Flag_of_Qatar.svg.png
Qatar

May not be much, but the Oceania bonus would have extended from three bars to five.

My demand for supports and assaults has ended. Future applicants may submit their CS's leisurely.

ADDENDUM: @MedievalMethods, I'll take a look at your characters when you're done. If they are within acceptable parameters, consider them squaddies.

Thanks for the promotion. Hammer's & Spawn Point's profiles are completed. I'll be finishing Thorn's & BUG's profiles tomorrow.

MedievalMethods said:
Thanks for the promotion. Hammer's & Spawn Point's profiles are completed. I'll be finishing Thorn's & BUG's profiles tomorrow.
Looking at them, you didn't need to changer their specialty types. Also, I'd prefer it if the personalities would be in paragraph form. It seems that we have a dearth of heavies now. Perhaps I can add one in.

By the way, I'll review everything you have once they're all done. Just so you know, the RP takes place 2021 or early 2020s.

Profiles are done. I've run into a wall developing BUGs background though. I don't suppose I could leave her origins a mysterious cliff hanger, and then fill it out once I get a feel for the character?

MedievalMethods said:
Profiles are done. I've run into a wall developing BUGs background though. I don't suppose I could leave her origins a mysterious cliff hanger, and then fill it out once I get a feel for the character?
That means only BUGS would be left out. Consider the rest squaddies. Try using a stock origin as help such as family being killed by the paranormals or was part of the army of her country of origin. That could help.

UPDATE: I will set up a mission soon. For that reason, I'll give a 48 hour grace period after I announce it to be finished. Everyone who has been accepted, you may start at your discretion.

@MedievalMethods: Now that everything seems to be improved, consider all your soldiers squaddies. You may start at your discretion.

[QUOTE="Revan The Courier]Are you still accepting people?

[/QUOTE]
The bonus will expire in 48 hours, but yes. Anyway, be my guest. But quickly unless you want to be a rookie. In other words: Sign up quickly if you want to be a squaddie.

@Revan The Courier: We have plenty of assault and support troops. Though with the chosen bonus, you may have up to four characters. While heavies are the least common of the classes, you may be free to make any characters you please.

Another question, I read the PDF and it said somewhere that you may be willing to accept a robotic character early on as a prototype.

Could I create one?

[QUOTE="Revan The Courier]Another question, I read the PDF and it said somewhere that you may be willing to accept a robotic character early on as a prototype.
Could I create one?

[/QUOTE]
A robotic character is allowed within reason.

Plot device and foreshadowing are the two main reasons.

[QUOTE="Revan The Courier]Alright perhaps we should hash out the idea in a PM?

[/QUOTE]
Be my guest. Allow me to hook you up to the main PM where I hash out info at that too.

If you use Discord, I have set up an experimental server for ParaCom matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back