Out of Soul Chat

bluehaze said:
My question is can I create twin characters that I play together and have differences for them already prepared and such who are also of witch and weapon lineage?
For twins, yes. We have a few of them in the roleplay already, though, just so you know. The Witch lineage depends on how you want to portray that through abilities. I'm VERY picky on what kinds of abilities I will allow player characters to have simply because I don't like to deal with characters being extremely unequal in terms of combat prowess. If you can explain to me how another character of similar rank could potentially be able to beat them in a NORMAL combat situation, then I would consider it. I think that makes sense?

Deadeyelee said:
I am not an admin, however, I would like to add this:
Pull of Magic
Yes. That is a thing.

@bluehaze If their mother was/is a witch, she would either be a very weak witch or she would be a villain. Witches are affected by the Pull of Magic which essentially means they are drawn to destruction. And depending on how much witch lineage they had, your characters could potentially be affected by it as well.

DaughterofAthena said:
Yes. That is a thing.
@bluehaze If their mother was/is a witch, she would either be a very weak witch or she would be a villain. Witches are affected by the Pull of Magic which essentially means they are drawn to destruction. And depending on how much witch lineage they had, your characters could potentially be affected by it as well.
Yes I am quite aware of the pull of magic and how it affected characters in the anime/manga. I feel though with these concepts of morality of good and evil that it proposes something more complex. Powerful witches more likely than not turn out to be evil but what defines it and from whom perspective? I see the coven their mother belongs to as a group who falls into the spree of destruction but their reasoning is not always with evil intent. There is a great deal of grey area when talking about the pull of magic and why a witch may do something according to this lore. I just keep thinking back to the little girl later in the series who was quite powerful but did what she wanted and did not fall in line with what the decree was. The idea of needing an soul of a particular race in order to achieve your full potential creates a lot of discord and quite frankly racism within that world. The concept of their mother was a woman within a coven that stuck to their own in the desert lands of the Middle East who was not for the over zealous nature of the 'ideal' witch nor for the way the weapons/miesters act about witches in general. If the mother is considered a villain in the eyes of the DWMA that is fine but I feel as though their story is much more dynamic than just hey your evil.

To that note I fully agree they are affected by the pull because they were taught a duality about life and their nature. It would be part of the reason they would not practice (other than getting caught) on school grounds, avoiding that lustful pull into chaotic power. But they were taught the ways of the craft when they lived with their parents so its a very complicated situation for them because they are attempting to understand what does it mean to be a witch and a weapon? Lots of inner turmoil and so forth. In terms of abilities, that is something I am also observant of since op characters are just plain boring. Those items I will save for when I send the profile over officially. If it helps to give you an idea their clan basis its magic in elemental prowess and identifies from those respective animals. The Twins would each have their own prowess out of the four elements which also makes the opposite of it their greatest weakness.

The pull of magic by definition draws a witch to be more destructive and to enjoy causing said destruction. The older the witch, the stronger the pull. The more powerful the witch, the stronger the pull. I would not say this necessarily means a witch is evil simply due to the pull. Evil is a very strong word. However, the DWMA would not be on good terms with anyone who caused destruction and enjoyed causing said destruction unless for some reason they were going around as a demolitionist destroying things that are supposed to be destroyed. It isn't the intent that's the problem. It's the simple fact that the witch is destroying and that that destruction is not always necessary. Unnecessary destruction is bad because ultimately it hurts someone.

I'm not sure what little girl you are talking about. There are only two witches ever mentioned who weren't affected to an extreme degree (or at all) by the pull. One was Kim due to regeneration magic which is the complete and total opposite of destruction in the first place. The second was Angela and she was not affected because she was so young. Youth is not as affected by the pull of magic. However, you are saying your witch is a mother so youth is not an option available to you.

@bluehaze

DaughterofAthena said:
The pull of magic by definition draws a witch to be more destructive and to enjoy causing said destruction. The older the witch, the stronger the pull. The more powerful the witch, the stronger the pull. I would not say this necessarily means a witch is evil simply due to the pull. Evil is a very strong word. However, the DWMA would not be on good terms with anyone who caused destruction and enjoyed causing said destruction unless for some reason they were going around as a demolitionist destroying things that are supposed to be destroyed. It isn't the intent that's the problem. It's the simple fact that the witch is destroying and that that destruction is not always necessary. Unnecessary destruction is bad because ultimately it hurts someone.
I'm not sure what little girl you are talking about. There are only two witches ever mentioned who weren't affected to an extreme degree (or at all) by the pull. One was Kim due to regeneration magic which is the complete and total opposite of destruction in the first place. The second was Angela and she was not affected because she was so young. Youth is not as affected by the pull of magic. However, you are saying your witch is a mother so youth is not an option available to you.

@bluehaze
Hmm I see, well destruction yes quite understandable. I only bring the term evil because of the word villain which even if it is not always meant to be is considered as one in the same. It would still be a safe bet to assume that the DWMA doesn't know about their mom then, considering what we discussed and so forth. I always went with the understanding that they would be hostile to witches no matter so it doesn't change any of the bio or writing style I have for them. Also I think we are on the same page with Angela then, I reference to her cause of the age aspect and with the twins being school aged I would also think they fall into the same line as her. I think there was some confusion but I am not playing as the witch mother, it is merely the person who is part of the lineage of the two characters I desire to play. The people I want to play are two young weapon witches. My overarching question is to just make sure I don't go into all of this and find out it was not allowed or accepted. I believe it was verified within reason that weapon/witch lineage is allowed which answers my main question. I mentioned all these other items as to see what the atmosphere around the subject is IC and to muse more so.

bluehaze said:
My overarching question is to just make sure I don't go into all of this and find out it was not allowed or accepted. I believe it was verified within reason that weapon/witch lineage is allowed which answers my main question. I mentioned all these other items as to see what the atmosphere around the subject is IC and to muse more so.
The matter as to whether or not something like this is accepted honestly depends entirely and completely on the quality of the CS you submit. If your abilities are clearly defined with limits that wouldn't place them on a rung any higher than another character of equivalent rank, and if you can explain to me in detail how their abilities DON'T make them any more powerful than any other character of similar rank, and if all other parts of their CS are complete to specifications, then I would have no reason not to accept it.

DaughterofAthena said:
The matter as to whether or not something like this is accepted honestly depends entirely and completely on the quality of the CS you submit. If your abilities are clearly defined with limits that wouldn't place them on a rung any higher than another character of equivalent rank, and if you can explain to me in detail how their abilities DON'T make them any more powerful than any other character of similar rank, and if all other parts of their CS are complete to specifications, then I would have no reason not to accept it.
Which sounds good to me, balance and so forth.

Hey guys, sorry I havent been around often. Ive had some issues IRL that have been distracting me from rping and keeping a good eye on my threads.

@bluehaze Welcome to RPN, since it didn't seem like anyone said that to you to start. On the other side of things, didn't realize wanting twin witch heitage weapons was a thing. O.o ; Least your idea is a lot more refined. I was mainly trying to find something to make my characters a little more unique. Ended up not doing it cause it was jsut too complicated. Then tried some other things and Athena shut them down for similar reasons xD ! But by all means, dont like that stop you. i cant wait to see your sheet.

As for twins. There is an INACTIVE set of twins, Kiyoko has a set of boygirl fraternal twins, Mine is a set of mirror image identical twins, and i think there was one other. >.>; :D

Kaine said:
There is an INACTIVE set of twins, Kiyoko has a set of boygirl fraternal twins
No, I posted earlier... Yesterday, I believe...? That or this morning... Oh well, returning to inactive while my right hand's burnt... >~<

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]No, I posted earlier... Yesterday, I believe...? That or this morning... Oh well, returning to inactive while my right hand's burnt... >~<

[/QUOTE]
Inactive twins was not refering to your twins. Sorry you took it that way. When i was talking to Athena before about twins and weapons, she mentioned that their was a set. Yours, mine, and i thought there was one more, were the only active ones.

Hanarei said:
@QuirkyAngel
How dare you think of doing such a thing! I should... *insert other bs rambling here* I mean go ahead! Move away. :P
Well...seeing as Ella is just a weapon atm, Aiko's the one that decides where they go^^

So, is it to the dispensary first? Auditorium? To find hot guys? I'll let you decide :)

QuirkyAngel said:
Well...seeing as Ella is just a weapon atm, Aiko's the one that decides where they go^^
So, is it to the dispensary first? Auditorium? To find hot guys? I'll let you decide :)
I was figuring Ella might shift back to her human form, as such she could easily decide where to go. Aiko is pretty much content going wherever if she hints at it, she is getting to the Auditorium in the long run. :P

Hanarei said:
I was figuring Ella might shift back to her human form, as such she could easily decide where to go. Aiko is pretty much content going wherever if she hints at it, she is getting to the Auditorium in the long run. :P
Okie dokie. I'll have Ella's post up tomorrow.

Kaine said:
@bluehaze Welcome to RPN, since it didn't seem like anyone said that to you to start. On the other side of things, didn't realize wanting twin witch heitage weapons was a thing. O.o ; Least your idea is a lot more refined. I was mainly trying to find something to make my characters a little more unique. Ended up not doing it cause it was jsut too complicated. Then tried some other things and Athena shut them down for similar reasons xD ! But by all means, dont like that stop you. i cant wait to see your sheet.
As for twins. There is an INACTIVE set of twins, Kiyoko has a set of boygirl fraternal twins, Mine is a set of mirror image identical twins, and i think there was one other. >.>; :D
@QuirkyAngel

Hey thank you both for the welcome, I am very new to this site so I am stoked for the writing to come!

Yeah I sat down and thought about that combo some time ago and was like this needs to be a thing. While I was on Gaia it was my go to story line for Soul Eater rps. Oh yeah no I am making this happen and I will explain all of it no problem. I have faith in my little identical babies from North Africa : D

Kaine said:
i think there was one other. >.>; :D
Alexis and Alexander are another pair of fraternal twins.

Kaine said:
When i was talking to Athena before about twins and weapons, she mentioned that their was a set. Yours, mine, and i thought there was one more, were the only active ones.
The inactive ones would be Grace and Erika. They were important at the very beginning of the rp but their creator has since lost time to take part in this rp.

QuirkyAngel said:
@DaughterofAthena Do you have more planned for the field? Or can the characters that finished the lesson do some other stuff before the week timeskip?
You can do other stuff.

Sergeant Sass]*Peeks in* Hi guys! I've been a bit of a delinquent as of late and I apologize. I do believe I am needed for collabs with [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/6947-refaulted/ said:
@Refaulted[/URL] and with @T h e F o o l . Are either of you free to write within the next few hours?
I'm free. I think.

Sergeant Sass]*Peeks in* Hi guys! I've been a bit of a delinquent as of late and I apologize. I do believe I am needed for collabs with [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/6947-refaulted/ said:
@Refaulted[/URL] and with @T h e F o o l . Are either of you free to write within the next few hours?
I'm afraid that my availability is limited. I am actually on my way to a camp out. I will be back Sunday around noon time, though.

[QUOTE="T h e F o o l]I'm free. I think.

[/QUOTE]
Like... now? Or within the next few hours?

Refaulted said:
I'm afraid that my availability is limited. I am actually on my way to a camp out. I will be back Sunday around noon time, though.
Hmm... would you be ok with us simply implying that Lexie and Zyra went shopping? Or writing it as a flashback later? I'd hate to hold up Athena from progressing to the concert...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back