Out of Soul Chat

Kaine said:
Hmm. @QuirkyAngel Maybe ive been viewing this all wrong. I kind of assumed that when in your mindspace, perception of time stops. Kind of like in bleach where the inner world could be days or even months, but only a few seconds outside. And that fact that the Meister can be in there, as well as perceptive of the real world simultaneously. The only thing i could think of for this, which i might be wrong, its been years since i watched soul eater or read it, was when Maka and soul danced while resonating. Correct me on anything if need be.
No...you might be right. I've only watched the anime, and I can say for sure, the anime never really explained how the process worked. How I imagined it is that even while in the mindscape, it's possible to view the events in the real world given enough training/meditation/etc. Meisters with enough experience can split their attention =P

Last edited by a moderator:
@DaughterofAthena

Is it possible for demon weapons train themselves to see/sense souls or can they only do so when linked to a meister--as in is the ability to sense souls genetic?

I may have just stumbled upon one of the cutest ED for an anime ever. It also has like half a second scene that ive seen all over for overused dancing .gif's. when i have access to a computer ill post it later today.

QuirkyAngel said:
@DaughterofAthena
Is it possible for demon weapons train themselves to see/sense souls or can they only do so when linked to a meister--as in is the ability to sense souls genetic?
For this rp specifically, soul perception is an ability available to weapons because I accidentally broke that rule before I even made any rules.

DaughterofAthena said:
For this rp specifically, soul perception is an ability available to weapons because I accidentally broke that rule before I even made any rules.
is it sad i use bleach as an example of this as well. I see sensing souls, much like sensing reiatsu. It seems to me that anyone with the ability to sense souls, has the prospect of gaining the soul perception ability. Its just like every ability, for some it comes naturally, for some it takes a lot of hard work. Some have unique versions of it, and some simply cant use it period. and there is basically everything in between.

Id hope so, necronomicon is only they greatest... oh wait you said something else. *whistles innocently*

@DaughterofAthena If two souls connected, but one tried to resonate and the other panicked and rejected, i see the two forces being like magnets repelling one another. What would be the damage and what would happen you think?

Kaine said:
@DaughterofAthena If two souls connected, but one tried to resonate and the other panicked and rejected, i see the two forces being like magnets repelling one another. What would be the damage and what would happen you think?
I think that would be something similar to what happened with Miyoko and Kassana although much more terrifying for the one being rejected. I don't know for sure what the damage would be, but I don't imagine there would be any physical damage. More emotional... I would think .

DaughterofAthena said:
Makes sense to me. I imagine it'd be tough being an autonomous weapon without the ability to sense souls.

Kaine said:
is it sad i use bleach as an example of this as well. I see sensing souls, much like sensing reiatsu. It seems to me that anyone with the ability to sense souls, has the prospect of gaining the soul perception ability. Its just like every ability, for some it comes naturally, for some it takes a lot of hard work. Some have unique versions of it, and some simply cant use it period. and there is basically everything in between.
I agree with this, but I also think meisters would have an easier time with soul perception than weapons since soul sensing/control should come more naturally to them...which is why they're meisters in the first place. That could also be a possible explanation as to why meisters can wield weapons, but weapons can't wield other weapons...(just a theory)

I think Felix has a some damn good options. He's naturally going to be familiar with a Bo-Staff. Sword/Swords would be ok, though he'd definently also enjoy a ranged weapon too..

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]I... still haven't figured out how and where to get started... Wow I'm bad at this location selecting thing... >~<

[/QUOTE]
lol. I think you're making posting harder than it should be. Requirement is only 2 paragraphs. If you want to post, find a character your characters would want to interact with and just go for it. Or just drop the twins at a random location doing whatever they would do and maybe someone will interact with them. Or maybe not. Either way, it's at least a starting point. You can always post again when there's something that's caught your interest.

Athena mentioned an event-relevant concert and a small timeskip is coming so that's something to be involved in. Until then, if you want to post, just have the twins do whatever they want. Suggestions:

-get picture taken at the auditorium.

-find fellow NOT students to befriend/make enemies/become partners with.

-join NOT/EAT students in the field(befriend/make enemies/partner)

-pick up/pass around concert fliers.

-dance in the garden(no one's been there yet)

-check out the mission bulletin.

-have your characters wander/explore Death City looking for jobs(cause NOT students need 'em)

-join/start a club at DWMA =P

You can have your characters sitting around eating ice cream in the field and it'd probably be fine (>u>)

QuirkyAngel said:
You can have your characters sitting around eating ice cream in the field and it'd probably be fine (>u>)
Right up until i post a collab tomorrow. >.>; Assuming Athena approves it.

QuirkyAngel said:
lol. I think you're making posting harder than it should be. Requirement is only 2 paragraphs. If you want to post, find a character your characters would want to interact with and just go for it. Or just drop the twins at a random location doing whatever they would do and maybe someone will interact with them. Or maybe not. Either way, it's at least a starting point. You can always post again when there's something that's caught your interest.
Athena mentioned an event-relevant concert and a small timeskip is coming so that's something to be involved in. Until then, if you want to post, just have the twins do whatever they want. Suggestions:

-get picture taken at the auditorium.

-find fellow NOT students to befriend/make enemies/become partners with.

-join NOT/EAT students in the field(befriend/make enemies/partner)

-pick up/pass around concert fliers.

-dance in the garden(no one's been there yet)

-check out the mission bulletin.

-have your characters wander/explore Death City looking for jobs(cause NOT students need 'em)

-join/start a club at DWMA =P

Indeed. Everything on this list is a viable option @Kiyoko Tomoe. You could also join Ren and Naia in the library or randomly wander past the Eat classroom and see Aiko and Ella. Heck, you could even go into the Death Room and get in trouble for breaking rules because you entered when there wasn't an emergency.

Kaine said:
Right up until i post a collab tomorrow. >.>; Assuming Athena approves it.
What does this mean? Are you planning something?^^

DaughterofAthena said:
Heck, you could even go into the Death Room and get in trouble for breaking rules because you entered when there wasn't an emergency.
Heh. I considered having Jack do that when he was going to "explore" the school and get "lost", but then Kalin accosted him :)

QuirkyAngel said:
Heh. I considered having Jack do that when he was going to "explore" the school, but then Kalin accosted him :)
It would give me an excuse to use Lord Death and it would give @Cephalo an excuse to use Helena... it could be fun so if anyone wanted to, that option is entirely open.

DaughterofAthena said:
Sorry. I fell asleep last night after choir. I will get on it between classes today.
Hey now. I'm not completely ignorant of your doings. Between school and 15 Roleplays you're in, and on top of that fact i know everyone here is needy for your attention, i wasn't even sweating it. I appreciate how much attention you do give us. I look forward to seeing what you put after you unbusy yourself. :P <3

QuirkyAngel said:
What does this mean? Are you planning something?^^
Needless to say, not everyones linking went well >.>; A certain overzealous little blond just made a massive mistake.

DaughterofAthena said:
I am in 4 roleplays... not 15. Other than that, though, you're right on the dot!
LOL it always seemed like you were in more with the way you talk about posting :3

QuirkyAngel said:
@DaughterofAthena
Aiko seems to have no problems with Ella trying to establish a link with her...were you messing with me?(-n-)
I can tell you for sure that Aiko had a problem with linking with Ikeda... so you'll have to ask @Hanarei about it.

Kaine said:
LOL it always seemed like you were in more with the way you talk about posting :3
Nope. Only the 4 that have links in my signature. However, I am running 2 of the 4 myself and I'm really active in the Fairy Tail rp.

DaughterofAthena said:
I can tell you for sure that Aiko had a problem with linking with Ikeda... so you'll have to ask @Hanarei about it.
lol. Ella and Aiko just match.

@Hanarei

Right? ( ;) )

Either that, or Aiko is uncomfortable linking with guys...which I can kinda see as well^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back