Out of Soul Chat

Can't wait for these drills and den these missions

And the fluff. I lub fluff. It's my favorite

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaine said:
Well i have it out that their mother disappeared, and shortly after their "expulsion" happened. But im not sure whats plausible in terms of what i have in mind for the twins, thus why i need to talk to athena, but its also stuff i dont want to happen well until they establish friends and a meister. :3
I feel like I thought ahead... Arthur has a past, that's mentioned in many posts, but no one from his past has the ability to be a future plot element, because they are ether dead, long gone, in prison, or genuinely don't care about him.... So delusions it is!

Ariettie said:
I feel like I thought ahead... Arthur has a past, that's mentioned in many posts, but no one from his past has the ability to be a future plot element, because they are ether dead, long gone, in prison, or genuinely don't care about him.... So delusions it is!
What ever works. Lol. I tend to stick to simpler things cause im not a person who can create ideas 5 layers deep. So i just do what i can to be out of the ordinary but still within bounds.

Kaine said:
What ever works. Lol. I tend to stick to simpler things cause im not a person who can create ideas 5 layers deep. So i just do what i can to be out of the ordinary but still within bounds.
I'm a creative person, but I find it easier to just have one character to look after, seeing as I often forget where he is...

I do tend to usually stick to one character myself as I feel it tends to bog down RPs playing multiples, minus cases where I'm handling elements of the story and all. ^^

Kaine said:
Out of the ordinary doesn't necessarily make a "deep" character in my mind. Deep implies that they have a lot of convoluted, meaningful reasons for their actions/thoughts/perspectives. Deep characters are also incredibly hard to rp accurately...because they're often complicated characters.

An insane character is only deep if they've got a deep (often mental) reason for their insanity. Otherwise, they're simply insane.

Deadeyelee said:
I generally avoid two characters, because one sometimes gets put on the back burner
This is what I try to avoid as well...except when I get really good ideas that won't let go.

I also have a tendency of biting off more than I can chew =/

@QuirkyAngel Did you read my quote right? You basically agreed with what i said. I said i was no good at making deep characters, so i just try to make them out of the ordinary so maybe they arent horribly boring. Using my twins for example, i already realized Ive played one out of character, and ive been deciding how to approach that, and i have an idea for some twists i would like to do, but none of them will be deep in a sense that you wont or didnt see it coming. I simply dont have a level of intellegence for that style of writing. Overall though, i aim for just making sure that i have fun playing my characters, and maybe entertaining for everyone else as well.

As for the second comment. even though it wasnt directed at me, and im not directing it at anyone, i do find it funny that people say they cant handle more than one character, then proceed to participate in 5+ RPs at once =x

Kaine said:
@QuirkyAngel Did you read my quote right? You basically agreed with what i said. I said i was no good at making deep characters, so i just try to make them out of the ordinary so maybe they arent horribly boring. Using my twins for example, i already realized Ive played one out of character, and ive been deciding how to approach that, and i have an idea for some twists i would like to do, but none of them will be deep in a sense that you wont or didnt see it coming. I simply dont have a level of intellegence for that style of writing. Overall though, i aim for just making sure that i have fun playing my characters, and maybe entertaining for everyone else as well.
Yes, I did. Or maybe I didn't =P

The main point I was trying to make is that the twins don't need to do out of the ordinary things to be interesting. Deep characters are naturally interesting, but actual deep characters are really hard to do and a lot of people tend to confuse depth with uniqueness(which can be just as interesting, but in different way). Jack isn't even really that deep in my opinion. Fairly straightforward, if you consider everything he does revolves around his die. Makes him somewhat predictable. On the other hand, if Lauren was supposed to be a silly, fun-loving character, but has moments where she shows seriousness, that shows character depth(something that makes her complicated)...especially if she has a reason for her personality. I don't think deep is beyond your intelligence, but I do agree that the type of character you choose to rp, and how you choose to rp, is a matter of preference.

On another note, digging a character/plot too deep can make make things confusing for readers...

Kaine said:
As for the second comment. even though it wasnt directed at me, and im not directing it at anyone, i do find it funny that people say they cant handle more than one character, then proceed to participate in 5+ RPs at once =x
Clearly, people are capable of more than they give themselves credit for^^

Though I would assume if they were in 5+ rps, the quality of each character wouldn't be as great as if they were only in one rp and only had one character. Depends on the person I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
@QuirkyAngel Yeah definitely. In the fairy tail rp its weird because i made two characters on a single sheet that are sisters as well, but the younger is almost like just an aspect thats not important. I've realized i write about the bigger sisters emotions and reactions towards others and her sister, but the younger sister is just kind of there. Little sad, but at the same time thats kind of what i wanted. xD Those characters i find difficult to write sometimes. My own fault though.

As for the twins, i didn't realize it but they both represent the duality of my own personality. which, looking from the outside is fun, but definitely creates feels for me, more than those reading my posts.

A round of kick boxing after fourty five minutes of Cardio, followed by a core work out? I'm dead. Everything hurts

Gyghofdecsiojkojfyj

Soooo, if anyone has watched Soul Eater NOT! or is simply looking for a bit more to do, I've got a new NPC posted up: Ryu. Aside from having a light novel for a background, he also owns a night little Cafe called the Serpent's Tongue. It employs DMWA students as cooks, servers, dishwashers, etc. (mostly meant for NOT students to make a little money on the side, but EAT is welcome to) and might serve as "something to do" for people not really interested in missions. As I envision it, it's half-restaurant, half-dance club and it does have free wifi and whatnot. I might potentially make it an internet cafe as well, if that is what appeals to people. :P Either way, it's an option and it's my first Faculty NPC, so yaaaaay.

Ryu[/URL]. Aside from having a light novel for a background, he also owns a night little Cafe called the Serpent's Tongue. It employs DMWA students as cooks, servers, dishwashers, etc. (mostly meant for NOT students to make a little money on the side, but EAT is welcome to) and might serve as "something to do" for people not really interested in missions. As I envision it, it's half-restaurant, half-dance club and it does have free wifi and whatnot. I might potentially make it an internet cafe as well, if that is what appeals to people. :P Either way, it's an option and it's my first Faculty NPC, so yaaaaay.
Yay...Application for Aoi at the ready! -waves- ^-^

The Cafe is in Death City. :P You - and anyone - can post there and use the location Serpent's Tongue to apply. :P I might even do an interview collab post with anyone interested.

images

[QUOTE="T h e F o o l]That was one of the cutest Happys that I found.

[/QUOTE]
Happy is currently on my shirt... along with other Fairy Tail buddies.

Ryu[/URL]. Aside from having a light novel for a background, he also owns a night little Cafe called the Serpent's Tongue. It employs DMWA students as cooks, servers, dishwashers, etc. (mostly meant for NOT students to make a little money on the side, but EAT is welcome to) and might serve as "something to do" for people not really interested in missions. As I envision it, it's half-restaurant, half-dance club and it does have free wifi and whatnot. I might potentially make it an internet cafe as well, if that is what appeals to people. :P Either way, it's an option and it's my first Faculty NPC, so yaaaaay.
Kalin could be more busy, but have money...

[QUOTE="T h e F o o l]Yay...Application for Aoi at the ready! -waves- ^-^

[/QUOTE]
Oh. A cafe staffed by small, fourth wall breaking weapons then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back