Out of Soul Chat

Good. :P I have a handful of high-potential NPC's just sitting around, waiting to make things interesting. This likely won't be the last time.

QuirkyAngel said:
I look forward to seeing what you've got planned^^
@DaughterofAthena

I know there's a 2 character limit, but do you have a particular policy for the creation of npcs? Say I want to make an npc that will eventually play a part in Jack's character development(his witch mother who he is looking for) can I just insert her into his posts? Or do I need to make a separate sheet for her?
NPCs generally need to have a specific plot purpose... as in, there's going to be a plot that they play a part in sooner or later.

If you are curious about making an NPC, you can PM me. I am busy for about a week now because I have finals coming up, though, so my replies won't be very quick.

DaughterofAthena said:
NPCs generally need to have a specific plot purpose... as in, there's going to be a plot that they play a part in sooner or later.
If you are curious about making an NPC, you can PM me. I am busy for about a week now because I have finals coming up, though, so my replies won't be very quick.
Understood. If I do make a plot for her it'll be later. I don't really have any plans for her to do anything major to DWMA atm or affect other students besides Jack(unless you wanna count Jack's friends who may or may not be involved in his family business if they want =P). She'll simply be under soul protect when she meets Jack.

What I mean is, can I include background npcs (like his family/mother) in his posts and rp his interaction with them as part of his bi-weekly posts in Death City? Or do I have to run her by you before including her in Jack's post?

QuirkyAngel said:
Understood. If I do make a plot for her it'll be later. I don't really have any plans for her to do anything major to DWMA atm or affect other students besides Jack(unless you wanna count Jack's friends who may or may not be involved in his family business if they want =P). She'll simply be under soul protect when she meets Jack.
What I mean is, can I include background npcs (like his family/mother) in his posts and rp his interaction with them as part of his bi-weekly posts in Death City? Or do I have to run her by you before including her in Jack's post?
I would appreciate at least being given a general idea of her beforehand, especially if she's going to be in death city. Death City is not safe from my own plots and schemes so it would be possible for her to get sucked into some plots even before you intended to use her for any of your own plots.

DaughterofAthena said:
I would appreciate at least being given a general idea of her beforehand, especially if she's going to be in death city. Death City is not safe from my own plots and schemes so it would be possible for her to get sucked into some plots even before you intended to use her for any of your own plots.
Gotcha. I'll make sure to pm you before including her in Jack's post.

Won't be until later though. Jack's still waiting to meet Professor Fuller after all ;D

everyone and their plots devices. I'm just over here trying to get some friends and youre all plotting world domination. Think the bigger picture just KO'd me with a giant book..

Kaine said:
everyone and their plots devices. I'm just over here trying to get some friends and youre all plotting world domination. Think the bigger picture just KO'd me with a giant book..
The big picture just told you to go stand in the corner, and think about your life...

Kaine said:
*gives Kaine a band-aid*

It's what people who love their characters do when they're bored. Make up lots of interesting background and possible side plots for their characters, of which, less than half actually get written out due to laziness...

QuirkyAngel said:
*gives Kaine a band-aid*
It's what people who love their characters do when they're bored. Make up lots of interesting background and possible side plots for their characters, of which, less than half actually get written out due to laziness...
*Regrets killing off most of Kalin's plot elements*

QuirkyAngel said:
*gives Kaine a band-aid*
Heh i had/have some of those. Biggest is their friends discovering why they transfered. But theres other elements i cant do without discussing with Athena first. But i dont really want to till i get closer to that reveal. :( I think things are going well, just not gonna happen anytime soon xD `

Deadeyelee said:
*Regrets killing off most of Kalin's plot elements*
No worries. New plots will be made with new interactions and new DWMA friends, then all our plots will mesh into one. Jack will aim to figure out Kalin's troubled past, build a deeper connection with Kalin, achieve soul resonance, all the while rolling his die and dragging Kalin along with him while he goes on missions searching for his mother. They'll have so much fun together :)

Kaine said:
Heh i had/have some of those. Biggest is their friends discovering why they transfered. But theres other elements i cant do without discussing with Athena first. But i dont really want to till i get closer to that reveal. :( I think things are going well, just not gonna happen anytime soon xD `
Yep, take your time. It'll happen when it happens. In the meantime, Jack will enjoy interacting with the twins and involving himself in their shenanigans.

QuirkyAngel said:
No worries. New plots will be made with new interactions and new DWMA friends, then all our plots will mesh into one. Jack will aim to figure out Kalin's troubled past, build a deeper connection with Kalin, achieve soul resonance, all the while rolling his die and dragging Kalin along with him while he goes on missions searching for his mother. They'll have so much fun together :)
Yep, take your time. It'll happen when it happens. In the meantime, Jack will enjoy interacting with the twins and involving himself in their shenanigans.
Yaaaaay. Videogame nights build soul compatability, right? xD That's the mental image I have right now. Jack and Kalin sprawled infront of the TV, playing video games, and Jack having to revive Kalin every 35 seconds.

Kaine said:
all of my plot elements revolve around Arthur's insanity.

Ariettie said:
Well i have it out that their mother disappeared, and shortly after their "expulsion" happened. But im not sure whats plausible in terms of what i have in mind for the twins, thus why i need to talk to athena, but its also stuff i dont want to happen well until they establish friends and a meister. :3

All of my plot elements...

Bahahaha. I'm in the shadows. The nooks and crannies. You'll never know which of my ideas are present. >.< Plenty of them are open resources for the RP, so...

I hate life throwing so much at me... and writer's block... and being sick... and not knowing where to even begin for a post in this RP... or knowing what to do regarding another RP I want to join but have not the time to actively participate in... >~<

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]I hate life throwing so much at me... and writer's block... and being sick... and not knowing where to even begin for a post in this RP... or knowing what to do regarding another RP I want to join but have not the time to actively participate in... >~<

[/QUOTE]
I would recommend going to get your picture taken or going out onto the athletic field for training.

Deadeyelee said:
Yaaaaay. Videogame nights build soul compatability, right? xD That's the mental image I have right now. Jack and Kalin sprawled infront of the TV, playing video games, and Jack having to revive Kalin every 35 seconds.
Great. Now I'm seeing it too xD

Ariettie said:
hmmm, "King" Arthur right? I'm eager to see more of him.

Kaine said:
Well i have it out that their mother disappeared, and shortly after their "expulsion" happened. But im not sure whats plausible in terms of what i have in mind for the twins, thus why i need to talk to athena, but its also stuff i dont want to happen well until they establish friends and a meister. :3
My mental image is Dakota wielding two swords. But she already has a partner according to the roster =(

QuirkyAngel said:
Great. Now I'm seeing it too xD
hmmm, "King" Arthur right? I'm eager to see more of him.

My mental image is Dakota wielding two swords. But she already has a partner according to the roster =(
Poor Kalin's only exposure to videogames rright now is a gameboy color and a few arcade machines. :P Also worried about meeting this uncle of Jack's. He might find Kalin's level of fitness unacceptable.

QuirkyAngel said:
Yeah but see, the best part to this is the fact that in her sheet, Dakota doesnt like being a close combat fighter, and swords are exactly that. So im curious to see how it plays when she finds out.

QuirkyAngel said:
Kaine said:
Yeah but see, the best part to this is the fact that in her sheet, Dakota doesnt like being a close combat fighter, and swords are exactly that. So im curious to see how it plays when she finds out.
That and the person she's listed as a partner with, she isn't actually partnered to in the rp. Yet.

EDIT: Woops Quoted wrong post there. Soooory Deadeyelee

Last edited by a moderator:
Deadeyelee said:
Poor Kalin's only exposure to videogames rright now is a gameboy color and a few arcade machines. :P Also worried about meeting this uncle of Jack's. He might find Kalin's level of fitness unacceptable.
Jack won't be bringing Kalin over when his Uncle's around. Technically, he's not even supposed to be playing video games (>u>)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back