Out of Soul Chat

Hanarei said:
@QuirkyAngel Alright, just a partner of some sort is required, primarily as the task does involve teamwork to accomplish, and the target isn't going to be as simple as it appears. You might be trying to capture it, but that doesn't mean he is going to be pulling back punches himself. :P
I've got questions regarding missions, cause I've never done them before:

1) Does the mission start right when all the slots are filled?

2) Are mission posts separate from the regular IC posts? For example, if my character is still participating in the auditorium thread when the mission starts, can I post in both the event/mission thread and the auditorium thread concurrently and say they happened at different times? Or do I have to leave the auditorium thread before participating in the event/mission thread?

@DaughterofAthena

Last edited by a moderator:
DaughterofAthena said:
Hmm... interest peaked. @Violet Obsidian @Pariah Stark I am curious to see where the interactions between Paul and Jessyka lead. I am going to guess they're either eventually going to work fantastically together and be completely bad-ass, or their going to collide on every possible situation. Consider me intrigued.
I predict it won't go well at all. Paul has zero tolerance for the constant bitch attitude, especially when he tried to be nice. So, he's pretty much gonna do whatever he wants now on this mission basically on the principle that he's going to tell Lord Death that Jessyka had terrible leadership abilities once they return. Unless Jessyka has some shellshock from that type of response, I pretty much just summarized how this entire Event is going to go.

...I did not mean to make Kalin so adorably sized, but now I have all the mental images. All of them. It makes me happy

Deadeyelee said:
...I did not mean to make Kalin so adorably sized, but now I have all the mental images. All of them. It makes me happy
He's adorable. His height fits his age, and the dice/juggling trick just made him all the more cute <3

[QUOTE="Pariah Stark]I predict it won't go well at all. Paul has zero tolerance for the constant bitch attitude, especially when he tried to be nice. So, he's pretty much gonna do whatever he wants now on this mission basically on the principle that he's going to tell Lord Death that Jessyka had terrible leadership abilities once they return. Unless Jessyka has some shellshock from that type of response, I pretty much just summarized how this entire Event is going to go.

[/QUOTE]
I'll admit to stalking Paul's posts cause he's such an interesting character to me.

Kaine said:
Squeezing past Jack, her rear came closer to his face than it should of. Her jean shorts, folded neatly at the base and pressed firmly against her legs.
Re-read Sarah+Lauren's post and I came across this...which I somehow missed the first time.

You're doing it on purpose aren't you >.>

QuirkyAngel said:
Re-read Sarah+Lauren's post and I came across this...which I somehow missed the first time.
You're doing it on purpose aren't you >.>
I am, but its also realistic. Has there ever been a time when in a theater and seating is too close, that someone passed infront of you without their butt being IN your face, or visa versa, your butt being IN there face? Ive been to movies, amphitheaters, concert halls, and and actual theater for plays, everyone has had seats the same. >D

@DaughterofAthena[/URL] assign partners later or do our characters decide?

Kaine said:
@QuirkyAngel Just so you know im not trying to make my 15 yo characters sluts, they are these Hudson | Blue Croxley Mid Thigh Shorts In Iconic | Lyst and Lauren's skirt is like this http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=34101108 minus the piercing lol. Thats the ebst example i could find. its one of those skirts that covers everything, unless you bend over, fall, wind blows, get tickled ⌐.⌐
I don't think that all^^

Jack post will be tomorrow.

*is currently watching soul eater*

QuirkyAngel said:
I've made a pending EAT weapon that will work with any meister that gives her kiss, but will have no permanent partner so if there's anyone that'll work with Xander it's her.
Though, if you really really want to see Xander and Lexie in a mission you could always partner 'em with each other...

I'm actually curious about how partnering will work in this rp. Will @DaughterofAthena assign partners later or do our characters decide?

I don't think that all^^

Jack post will be tomorrow.

*is currently watching soul eater*
I know, i was simply putting that out there for knowledge. It's easy to think when a male plays girls. it's always kind of a given stereotype that men play the oversexualized girls. plus people tend to go off real experience, to which i have none BUT ANYWAYS. i still have to read Del's post. been working on a sheet for another rp. Not sure why im putting this much effort into it. Not sure the RP is gonna last heh.

Kaine said:
I know, i was simply putting that out there for knowledge. It's easy to think when a male plays girls. it's always kind of a given stereotype that men play the oversexualized girls. plus people tend to go off real experience, to which i have none BUT ANYWAYS. i still have to read Del's post. been working on a sheet for another rp. Not sure why im putting this much effort into it. Not sure the RP is gonna last heh.
It takes effort to make an rp last. Good luck.

QuirkyAngel said:
It takes effort to make an rp last. Good luck.
It's a bleach rp. Not holding my breath lol. Never see one last past like a month. Either way its formatting practice. :P

QuirkyAngel said:
Though, if you really really want to see Xander and Lexie in a mission you could always partner 'em with each other...
I'm just gonna point this out before Sergeant does. Xander abuses Lexie. Partnering them together would not only be something that Lord Death would immensely prohibit - in fact, it's against DWMA rules for Xander to use Lexie in weapon form, but it would also be something that no student at the DWMA would likely allow.

QuirkyAngel said:
I'm actually curious about how partnering will work in this rp. Will @DaughterofAthena assign partners later or do our characters decide?
I will never force two players to partner together. I might have a teacher suggest that two characters partner together if I think it might be an interesting idea, but I personally would not force a partnership.

@QuirkyAngel Sort of, the mission would start basically around them, not necessarily 'immediately' (the mod would need to be around to start up the mission) but it would likely start up not that long once its filled unless something else in the RP might cause it to be delayed for some odd reason (unlikely but its a possibility).

Mission posts are generally separate from regular posts, in that you 'could' do a post in the regular thread while being in a mission, though that should only be done for finishing up anything that wasn't completed when the mission started. In short... there might be some overlap but generally you should focus on being at one area at once unless said otherwise. :P

QuirkyAngel said:
He's adorable. His height fits his age, and the dice/juggling trick just made him all the more cute <3
I'm glad. I felt like I had to show he hadn't been beat entirely into the shape of a choir boy, but I was a tiny bit worried it was a bit much.

You're just making it worse with Paul at this point. lol Down to it, he tried to be civil, you rejected that and he's going to react poorly. Cause and effect, and the effect is gonna be this mission being ruined. Real question is if Skyler and Jessyka can even begin to take on someone that's in better shape than Jessyka that fights at a complete close range.

A better question is if Riven/Zarren intend to get involved.

I just hope they won't. And that's me, the drama queen. Skylar won't fight, cause he's afraid the nurse back home is gonna skin him alive if he openes his wounds. But yeah, this mission was doomed to fail from the start, but, as a the titanic captain said, it's too late now, so let's speed it up and see what happens.

Oh, right now, Paul has 100% intention on showing both of them just how much a Soul Force strike from him hurts. To Paul, they're both blaming him for their mistake.

From Paul's perspective, he came up to Jessyka and politely tried to make peace. She spurned him for no real valid reason, so he basically walked off saying "Fuck you" - which in my opinion is an entirely valid response. Paul is a strong, independent individual designed to function on the premise he is an exemption to the rules. Even after Paul walked off, Skyler only made the situation worse by calling him spoiled, and that specifically struck a nerve. Paul is an orphan. Never knew his parents, grew up in state homes. He'd stare at old pictures and wonder what his parents were like because he never got to meet them really. He'd tell friends goodbye and cry about it. He felt terrible because he hated how they might get adopted or transferred out - normally good things for them, but ultimately things that only made him more lonely. To avoid being hurt, to avoid the pain of loss, Paul took to being alone. Calling him spoiled was a real bad call because he literally came from nothing.

So, he's reacting like most troubled youths do. While his intentions are good, fact is, he still comes from a terrible past, has anger issues, and will overreact when pushed like this. It's his defense mechanism. Down to it, he was pushed too far, and now he fully intends on hurting someone. It likely will happen, and he'll have no qualms beating Jessyka like Aeryn beat Xander if he gets the chance. And then, he'll likely go do the mission alone or with Riven or maybe even let a beat-up Jessyka/Skyler return if they concede to him being the new leader. That's assuming he wins, but I don't see how a Marksman is going to beat a purely close-range fighter.

Pssht. The same way a Marksman will always beat a close range fighter. Pin them behind cover with suppressing fire, and always have an escape path.

Deadeyelee said:
Pssht. The same way a Marksman will always beat a close range fighter. Pin them behind cover with suppressing fire, and always have an escape path.
Paul's cover is mobile and self-generated. lol Also, I'm pretty sure he's the physically fitter of the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back