Out of Soul Chat

Seriously, Snape had a thing for Lily for ages, but the first thing Stoic says to his wife when he sees her again after twenty years is, "you're as beautiful as the day I lost you."

If that doesn't send the same chills as "Always..." then... just ouch...

sorry, i was staying out of ooc cause i feel like ive been whoremongering this place. Didn't want to scare others away. Sometimes my presence does that. :/

I think I'm back up to speed again for a while. Sort of.

I will be posting either tonight if I don't pass out in the next ten minutes...

or tomorrow morning.

Most likely the latter :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Zenaida said:
I think I'm back up to speed again for a while. Sort of.
I will be posting either tonight if I don't pass out in the next ten minutes...

or tomorrow morning.

Most likely the latter :P
Glad your feeling/doing better.

Deadeyelee said:
Note to self. I am not a graphical designer. And I should be kept far away from web design
web design =/= bbcode. HTML is a whole different game. Like comparing amateur tenis to pro rugby. just doesnt work xD

Oh see, i thought you were trying to web design your sheet with bbcode or something. Not literally doing web design xD Misunderstanding.

Ugh... I feel like my post isn't up to par for some reason. Not that it's posted or anything, but I'm too tired to work on it right now...

Deadeyelee said:
Ugh... I feel like my post isn't up to par for some reason. Not that it's posted or anything, but I'm too tired to work on it right now...
Beginning posts are always lame. cause youre just coming up with bs till someone interacts with you xD unless you start with an orgin story or something. Im sure itll be good. once you get some good posting buddies like @Zenaida and @QuirkyAngel RPing is a blast. Feels more like living another life than roleplaying.

I lied :/

Sorry. Bestfriend spent the night and we were studying for a psych exam then we passed out. After she went to pick up her brother at eleven at night. Sometime tonight I WILL reply with Alessa, just not anytime soon because yay Regionals!

[QUOTE="Pariah Stark]Aeryn has nothing on Stoic from How To Train Your Dragon. He's so low-key smooth.

[/QUOTE]
Where did this come from? It's a cool comment, but it seems to have come completely out of nowhere... did you just see How to Train Your Dragon 2?

DaughterofAthena said:
Where did this come from? It's a cool comment, but it seems to have come completely out of nowhere... did you just see How to Train Your Dragon 2?
I re-watched it last night. I tend not to watch movies repeatedly, but sooooomeone near me as a penchant for re-watching their favorites. This time around, I tried to watch the movie from the perspective of Stoic instead of Hiccup. It did not disappoint. Felt a little Game of Thrones-ish, but it didn't disappoint. Even his quick lines you can easily miss are like major character facets. For example, when the dragon haven is attacked and both of Hiccup's parents run out, Stoic runs with her and says, "Wait, we're a team now." Keep in mind, Stoic the Vast is a Chieftain. He is the guy you go to. He's not used to being part of a team; he's the guy in charge. He's obviously a stubborn man, a very prideful man, but in less than 24 hours after finding the love of his life that he lost for 20 years, thought dead, he's already treating her with more regard than anyone else in that he reveres her as his equal. Almost immediately, he dissolves two incredibly powerful character identifiers - stubbornness and pride - to essentially prove he can change because he in fact has changed. Hiccup helped him transition to seeing that things can be done a different way and seeing his wife through those eyes only added to and amplified the already-existent adoration he had for her.

Of course, I'm over-analyzing, but Stoic was a great character executed fantastically. He is a character archetype done to perfection.

Edit: it's actually spelled Stoick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never seen the How to Train You Dragon movies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back