Out of Soul Chat

NEVAR! *Flies into universe of cartoons*

I have no problem with you flying to the universe of cartoons, but if you're gonna do so, for god's sake, choose good ones. Gravity Falls is just dumb. I could go on about it, but I don't feel like starting anything. So if you wanna ask about my opinion, that's fine, but you've been warned.

I have no problem with you flying to the universe of cartoons, but if you're gonna do so, for god's sake, choose good ones. Gravity Falls is just dumb. I could go on about it, but I don't feel like starting anything. So if you wanna ask about my opinion, that's fine, but you've been warned.

...Static Shock? Danny Phantom? Xiaolin Showdown?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! :D

Look Gravity Falls isn't even bad, for what it is it's a lot better than what you would normally get. The problem is you're comparing it to overall better stuff in the broad genre. If you wanted to make a real comparison, I'd say Stranger Things is to Live-Action Mystery/Sci-Fi as Gravity Falls is to Quirky Mystery Cartoons.

Gravity Falls is great, fight me.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! :D

Look Gravity Falls isn't even bad, for what it is it's a lot better than what you would normally get. The problem is you're comparing it to overall better stuff in the broad genre. If you wanted to make a real comparison, I'd say Stranger Things is to Live-Action Mystery/Sci-Fi as Gravity Falls is to Quirky Mystery Cartoons.

Pretty sure it was a friendly jest, a joke, a jive, some conversation, etc etc, relax, fam.

I understand why people enjoy gravity falls. However, as someone going into the entertainment industry, the animators are either lazy, untalented, or both. Also the show is about just a bunch of random nonsense, which can be entertaining at times, but those aren't the types of messages the younger generations I see growing up need to hear. 

My dislike of the show boils down to bad timing, poor effort in animation, and the fact that a large number of my friends started raving nonstop about the show. That's annoying as hell when you don't care for something. 

Between gravity falls and One Piece, my friends slowly stopped talking to me because all they wanted to talk about were things I didn't care for.

As someone who studied animation for a year, it really isn't that bad. And it really isn't just a bunch of random nonsense, but I haven't finished the series, so I won't get into that.

The animation's not that bad for today's standards, but today's standards are crap. My mom went to college for art and my sister did for animation and teaching. So I know how thay stuff works. There are good shows out there currently, I just don't think Gravity Falls is one of them.

Then blame the industry, not the product. If you want great animation, watch a movie. Gravity Falls stands well on its art style and the only real glaring issues with its animation are the production errors, and that just comes with the territory, anything else could only really be solved through extra work time, and that isn't exactly in surplus. Even then, I'd say the animation is just as good as the stuff in like, 80% of cartoons, old and new alike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then blame the industry, not the product. If you want great animation, watch a movie. Gravity Falls stands well on its art style and the only real glaring issues with its animation are the production errors, and that just comes with the territory, anything else could only really be solved through extra work time, and that isn't exactly in surplus. Even then, I'd say the animation is just as good as the stuff in like, 80% of cartoons, old and new alike.

Yes, I do blame the industry for a lot of that. Also, most people watch about 5 percent of the cartoons out there, so being like 80 percent doesn't say much. Many Germans didn't support the Nazis, but that stuff still happed, so being like the majority doesn't equal quality (I am not trying to compare Gravity Falls to nazis, thag was just the first example that came to mind). Either way, I was just stati.g what I thought of Gravity Falls. So take it or leave it, but that's the impression the show had on me.

Measuring something against the best and then saying it's bad because it doesn't measure up to them is an annoying argument that I'm tired of seeing people use. Calling something bad when it's really just middle of the road is a bit of a pet peeve of mine, so, yeah, sorry for getting confrontational about it.

But hey, whatevs, have some neat rotoscoping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Measuring something against the best and then saying it's bad because it doesn't measure up to them is an annoying argument that I'm tired of seeing people use. Calling something bad when it's really just middle of the road is a bit of a pet peeve of mine, so, yeah, sorry for getting confrontational about it.

But hey, whatevs, have some neat rotoscoping.

Bud, I wasn't measuring it against the best in my initial statement. You're the one that brought that up. Animation quality was just one of the reasons it bothered me, that's not the be all end all of why I don't like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back