Out-of-Character Chat

No you take the lemons, put 'em in a sack and beat your enemies with them

Unyielding said:
Sell some lemonade
I see what you did there.

[QUOTE="Infinities Lover]No you take the lemons, put 'em in a sack and beat your enemies with them

[/QUOTE]
When life gives you lemons, demand to see life's manager! I don't want your damn lemons!

Uh oh, Love is getting jealous :P

From what I can tell, your Magic is just an amplification of a mage's natural magical capabilities combined with advanced Eternano Transfer.

Lexielai said:
Uh oh, Love is getting jealous :P

From what I can tell, your Magic is just an amplification of a mage's natural magical capabilities combined with advanced Eternano Transfer.
i give up *sigh*

Rei not an energy drainer but if you are going to label her as that... i cant argue with the mod

You're taking the connotation of "energy drainer" too narrow mindedly. I take it you believe absorbing energy from the atmosphere is different from "draining" it?

yes i do.

and Rei does not not take it from the atmosphere. She takes from the magical attacks themselves.

its not

Rei absorbs magic thats in the air

its

Rei gets hits with fireball, her magic storage goes up x amount

That transfer magic actively steals the magic from from source.

"allows the caster to siphon another’s supply of Eternano back into the atmosphere"

Yes both skills add to ones magic reserve but the means by which they do it is different. By that logic then you can say All dragon/god/demon slayers Are energy drainers cause they eat their energy of the elements and store it.

I know exactly what draining means. to drain means to take away from another source. Rei absorbs it from attacks, which gives her resistances.

but again... i am not the mod and since this is your RP not mine so do label me as you want. I will still play Rei the way i designed her and she will still be my special little snowflake and not some energy vampire

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I am confused; what you are saying is the same as what I am. Throw out any notions of "energy vampires." Consider it from a fresh and unbiased perspective. Take a break if you'd like so your brain has had time to reprocess information before you come back to this discussion. I am a mod, but you are using that as an excuse to duck out of the topic. If I acted as you are saying, and I did only what I wanted, I would not allow you to play your character "as you want to," so to speak, but "how I want it."

I won't be doing that though, nor will I be dismissing your argument. From my understanding, you say that your Magic absorbs the energy of magical attacks. According to the Example Magic Compendium entry on Eternano Transfer:

"Some masters are capable of dissipating the Eternano in magical attacks and items into the atmosphere by engaging in contact with them, allowing for the limited negation of certain attacks. Eternano Transfer includes a forbidden absorption technique that allows the caster to siphon magical energy into their own magical reserve or transplant in into another’s, either by contact with a living being, magical item, magical construct, or magical energy. "

In retrospect it may have been worded poorly, but here's the gist of what it says. The forbidden absorption technique of Eternano Transfer allows the caster to absorb energy directly from magical attacks/energy, such as fireballs. Similarly to your magic, Eternano Transfer mages are "vulnerable to being struck by the energy they are attempting to dissipate."

That's supposed to mean that, even if they dissipate the magical power of the fire, it's still fire, and the caster can still burn from the heat. That sounds quite alike what you've told me--at least from the way you worded it.

1st.

You are right it was immature of me to use you as a mod as a scapegoat for this conversation and i apologize

2nd.

If you word it like that then it’s acceptable for labeling how she gets the magic

However then it becomes, Rei is using forbidden magic. Forbidden magic has penalties. I don’t know what these penalties are. I looked up this magic type on the wiki and could not find it which means that it’s something hellkite made up. So if you group me up with her creation, I am at the mercy of following its rules.

3rd

Also this does not take into account my characters bodies high resistance to magic nor my the way my character stores magic in her body. It is written that the user dissipates magic but Rei does not dissipate it. She gets hit, and damaged, and absorbs that magic. The reason she doesn’t get hurt as badly is because her body is naturally able to be able to withstand magic forces. It’s not some magic or trick.

With the way my character stores magic. Her container is (theoretically) endless. However practically it has a limit as she would not be able to control the energy pass that limit. She also has a soft limit of what her body can naturally hold. Once she passes that natural limit she goes into the Overclocked state with gives her a power-up, but sends her into an emotionally unstable state.

Also my character cannot naturally absorb create her own magic so she cannot use magic to get magic.

You can argue that my ability is some specialized version of Helkite but that is only in 1 part. The other parts are not included

This is why i propose that My magic, be labeled

Eternano Minipulation

11111122.jpg

[QUOTE="Red Thunder]
11111122.jpg

[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="Infinities Lover]why
why would you do that xD

[/QUOTE]
Suggested response to this query.

"Because fuck everyone I'm a shark!"

[QUOTE="Red Thunder]Fair enough. I apologize.

[/QUOTE]
I do not want to seem like a bad guy. I apologize if I seemed so. I am just trying to keep from this escalating, though I see no reason it will with how Lex and Unyielding are handling it fine.

Refaulted said:
I do not want to seem like a bad guy. I apologize if I seemed so. I am just trying to keep from this escalating, though I see no reason it will with how Lex and Unyielding are handling it fine.
Agreed. I acted without consideration, though. You merely called me on my immaturity. So thanks, and I'll take better care in the future. And again, I'm sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back